Login

russian armor

OKW Op.... really?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (14)down
12 May 2015, 19:31 PM

And falls themselves are a joke.Especially vs paras,1919 rifles or guards.

That may be, but they're still the best OKW has.
I honestly prefer Fusiliers over everything else.
12 May 2015, 20:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2015, 15:41 PMroarr

They are made out of pudding.

I watched Stormless stream one day - he poped out FSJ from house to kill enemy mortar crew. 1 model of FSJ died almost instanly to mortar crew o,O

This sounds a lot more like Partisans attacking weapon crews.
13 May 2015, 01:27 AM

Yeah falshims need armor buff OR cost reduction....

US Paratroopers are 380 MP.... Can drop in ANYWHERE dont require a building....

Can be upgraded with 2 LMG's or 6 Thompsons... making them extremely leathal...

They are harder to wipe than falshims and cheaper to reinforce...

They also murder falshims when upgraded with some decent weapons...

Why the hell are they 380mp when falshims are a insane 440?

13 May 2015, 01:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2015, 01:27 AMCorsin
Yeah falshims need armor buff OR cost reduction....

US Paratroopers are 380 MP.... Can drop in ANYWHERE dont require a building....

Can be upgraded with 2 LMG's or 6 Thompsons... making them extremely leathal...

They are harder to wipe than falshims and cheaper to reinforce...

They also murder falshims when upgraded with some decent weapons...

Why the hell are they 380mp when falshims are a insane 440?

Paras also can't drop anywhere and live doing so if it isn't the most open area ever.

Paras are 60 less MP than Falls because they can't absolutely wreck snipers and weapon teams on spawning unless they retreat instantly...and honestly sometimes even then. Also take a lot longer to drop in compared to Falls just walking out of the building.

I'd welcome Falls costing less but they'd have to not spawn with FG42s...so quite win-win changes.
13 May 2015, 01:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2015, 01:35 AMVuther

Paras also can't drop anywhere and live doing so if it isn't the most open area ever.

Paras are 60 less MP than Falls because they can't absolutely wreck snipers and weapon teams on spawning unless they retreat instantly...and honestly sometimes even then. Also take a lot longer to drop in compared to Falls just walking out of the building.

I'd welcome Falls costing less but they'd have to not spawn with FG42s...so quite win-win changes.

Or just kill buildings and your fine.... falshims are now a 440mp call-in 4 man squad that are easily 1 shot....

I even put mines at building doors for the lols when im playing allies...
13 May 2015, 02:10 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2015, 01:41 AMCorsin
Or just kill buildings and your fine.... falshims are now a 440mp call-in 4 man squad that are easily 1 shot....

And you can buy minesweepers to demo charges

Hardly makes demo charges fine gameplay.

Kinda depends on the map how effective that counter is to pull off too. Downright impossible on a few urban ones, though usually not too hard for most 1v1s. Depends on faction too, Soviets can just have CEs with flamers set every building they meet on fire and leave it to burn down while it'll take a lot longer for USF to get things that kill buildings quickly. REs can hope to wire off the buildings though.
13 May 2015, 04:33 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2015, 17:40 PMroarr

Since it was on stream i can't really tell of it was recrewed by cons, but still 1 model died before FSJs managed to kill first model from mortar crew.

If you recrew a support weapon with whatever infantry unit, they will retain their weapon. Support weapon crew deals 1DPS (with 7dmg), so even if ALL entities shoot and hit it's just 28dmg. Another history if that was for example Conscripts with (16dmg), still it won't snipe you.
I flanked with a full health CE a MG42 and i still lost to the weapon crew...RNG happens.

13 May 2015, 06:47 AM

lolol you mad bro? I see the tears haven't stopped since the patch release.

Being an exclusive soviet player must be verry profitable these days.
13 May 2015, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2015, 06:47 AMJohnnyB

Being an exclusive soviet player must be verry profitable these days.

Check my player card before making any assumptions. On the topic, I hope OKW gets some medium armor or some sort of new commander after the new release of UKF.
13 May 2015, 13:30 PM

Check my player card before making any assumptions. On the topic, I hope OKW gets some medium armor or some sort of new commander after the new release of UKF.

A rework would be the best. Fixing holes and creating new ones isn't long termn solution.
13 May 2015, 13:40 PM

And falls themselves are a joke.Especially vs paras,1919 rifles or guards.

Must be because both, guards and 1919 paras are bigger investments. Guards without DPs will be ripped apart by falls and so will be 1919 paras, just like cons are being ripped apart by LMG grens.
Falls perform like 340mp(reinforce cost allows you to easily calculate units value, falls were 45, right?) unit with 100 mp being the opportunity cost for being able to spawn them on the field.

Paras have lower opportunity cost, but higher risk and perform like 350 mp unit roughly without upgrade.
Guards are obvious.

So you're expecting cheaper long range unit to beat more expensive, upgraded, long range units and tell they are useless because of that.

Well, then I say we should buff penals, rifles and so on, because they are a joke against stg obers.
That is your logic here.
13 May 2015, 13:53 PM

Fallschirmjäger model cost 95 manpower, so 47.5 reinforce (don't know if round up or down) and squad value of 380.

Paratrooper model cost 56.6667, so 28,33335 reinforce and squad value of 340.

I looked it up from coh2-stats.com but from my remembrance it should be true.
13 May 2015, 13:55 PM

A rework would be the best. Fixing holes and creating new ones isn't long termn solution.

Currently OKW is pure shit. Saw some high level games casted by Imperial Dane, just one was won by OKW or at least I guess so :huh: because it wasn't clear at the end. Hans got maybe lucky and that guy strangely quit game.Having 2 IS2s on the field and quitting while your opponent is cramped on a small part of the map while having nothing serious to fight them is quite strange.

Anyway, as I was saying, I am realy curious to see some balanced games in which OKW is able to win.
Balanced games. 'Cause I can beat people far beyond my level too, even with OKW.
13 May 2015, 14:02 PM

I don't have stats on me atm, so was doing stuff out of my head as well. I'm not much off here.
If I'm not mistake, relic said somewhere in the past that 1 muni is worth around 2 menpower, so add the upgrade costs to unit value and you'll have more accurate representation of cost effectiveness and why falls not only lose, but SHOULD do so at range against guards and m1919 paras.
13 May 2015, 14:05 PM

Check your...what? Can't check anything cause you don't show it.
13 May 2015, 14:13 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2015, 14:05 PMJohnnyB

SHOW URS.

it will be ez to determine if all ur issues are l2p ones more not
13 May 2015, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2015, 14:05 PMJohnnyB

Because I'm a kind and loving person

I like what it shows when your name is there :megusta:
13 May 2015, 21:28 PM

Permanently Banned

Fallschirmjager reinforce costs over 50, obers cost 50 per model. Falls are higher than that.
13 May 2015, 22:20 PM

160*1.5=240

1080/2=540

540=/=240

Your calcuation for the Jagdpanzer IV's vet5 first strike damg is slightly wrong:

160*2.5=400

1080/2=540

540=/=400

This + 1 KT or 2 Panzerschreck hits and a medium tank is gone (640HP)
Also notable is that the first strike basically is a guaranteed penetrating hit, even versus an IS2!

Though your point is still completely right, it's still not 50% (37% to be precisely) vs IS2.

But the Jagdpanzer is still probably the most powerful and cost effective AT unit OKW has to offer, especially against the current call-in / medium armor spam meta (much much more efficient than the Panther).

The Jagdpanzers vet bonuses are also one of the best you can get among all OKW units (see bonuses here) and it levels vet relatively fast. You simply have to keep it alive by all means. At vet5 it means terror for your enemies armor, also for the IS2.

I don't know why it is so heavily ignored by players and they stick to the panther. Sure Panthers are great, but also cost 30% more fuel and but in terms of doing its intended job - fighting enemy vehicles - the Jagdpanzer is a much more efficient choice (cost and DPS wise), especially in team games were you will ALWAYS have something to shoot at.

Well, just me again advertising for the Jagdpanzer IV.
It won't help against "IS2 beeing a way to overprerforming tank and coming too early" call-in meta, but it's at least something.

regards
ace
13 May 2015, 22:23 PM

Falls are completely fine. They have a Panzerfaust (paras lack AT) and if you use them properly always at mid range you they will be a decent squad. Their smoke grenade can win engagements vs blobs on its own.
Paras with should m1919 should win, it's a 120 muni upgrade after all.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS