Login

russian armor

OKW Op.... really?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (14)down
13 May 2015, 22:57 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2015, 14:02 PMKatitof
I don't have stats on me atm, so was doing stuff out of my head as well. I'm not much off here.
If I'm not mistake, relic said somewhere in the past that 1 muni is worth around 2 menpower, so add the upgrade costs to unit value and you'll have more accurate representation of cost effectiveness and why falls not only lose, but SHOULD do so at range against guards and m1919 paras.

it's

1:2.5(or 3, idr):5
mp:mun:fuel

i think it was in one of the patchnotes so someone who really cared could look there.
14 May 2015, 06:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2015, 14:14 PMKatitof

Because I'm a kind and loving person

I like what it shows when your name is there :megusta:

:rofl: wrong!!. That's not my player card mr SmartAss. Try again. Tip: I use a different name in game :nahnah:
14 May 2015, 06:08 AM

SHOW URS.

it will be ez to determine if all ur issues are l2p ones more not

You are a troll and your style on internet makes me sick. Also your way to evaluate players' value it's disgusting. It's because people like you, players are not showing their playercards. For instance, you are so idiot that you think players should open their mouths only if they have higher stats than yours which is completely wrong because they are a minority compared to the total number of players.
14 May 2015, 06:18 AM

Fallschirmjager reinforce costs over 50, obers cost 50 per model. Falls are higher than that.

falls cost 47
14 May 2015, 06:25 AM

Fallis are extremely situational; obviously they are nice for getting wipes, and winning you the engagements you can't afford to lose. Main problem however, and what usually is not accounted for, is that they are much easier to wipe than ie. Paras or Guards, meaning at their cost one case of bad RNG can cost you the game. Add to that the fact that Guards and Paras (at least when upgraded, but who doesnt upgrade them) lose DPS proportionately less when losing models since its more concentrated in the DPs and 1919s, thus can be left on the field longer. Not to mention factors like guards being able to destroy cover with the PTRS. What sometimes works in favour of vet Fallis is the camo on retreat bug tho, especially on crater-ridden lategame battlefields.

The Faust on the Fallis can be a lifesaver too, so the squad has some utility, but its far too expensive to work as a general infantry, same with Obers, while even vetted Volks just lack the dps to compete with upgraded Rifles or elite Soviet inf. Part of the OKW conundrum really, within one patch, the micro demands of OKW have risen from negligible (a-move the blob to victory) to pretty darn excessive, its just very difficult to ever win the infantry game against a competent Allies player, not to mention that the support unit you pretty much have to rely on, ie. the Flak HT, is so fragile.
I see lots of Pfusis/Flak HT into battlegroup play these days, the classical battlegroup into SHQ with Obers has become very rare.

14 May 2015, 06:30 AM

Fallis are extremely situational; obviously they are nice for getting wipes, and winning you the engagements you can't afford to lose. Main problem however, and what usually is not accounted for, is that they are much easier to wipe than ie. Paras or Guards, meaning at their cost one case of bad RNG can cost you the game. Add to that the fact that Guards and Paras (at least when upgraded, but who doesnt upgrade them) lose DPS proportionately less when losing models since its more concentrated in the DPs and 1919s, thus can be left on the field longer. Not to mention factors like guards being able to destroy cover with the PTRS. What sometimes works in favour of vet Fallis is the camo on retreat bug tho, especially on crater-ridden lategame battlefields.

The Faust on the Fallis can be a lifesaver too, so the squad has some utility, but its far too expensive to work as a general infantry, same with Obers, while even vetted Volks just lack the dps to compete with upgraded Rifles or elite Soviet inf. Part of the OKW conundrum really, within one patch, the micro demands of OKW have risen from negligible (a-move the blob to victory) to pretty darn excessive, its just very difficult to ever win the infantry game against a competent Allies player, not to mention that the support unit you pretty much have to rely on, ie. the Flak HT, is so fragile.
I see lots of Pfusis/Flak HT into battlegroup play these days, the classical battlegroup into SHQ with Obers has become very rare.

its rare but it still works honestly. sure obers are worse out of the gate, but theyre still quite deadly and get a lot of their old glory back with vet 2.
14 May 2015, 06:46 AM

Hm. I've never seen the build work in this patch so far against me, I've tried it once myself against a semi-decent player and my Panther hit the field just barely before his IS-2...I won that game, eventually, and it was close enough - if he had just deviated a little from his gameplan and went T3, it would have been gg easily. One would think that the changes would not overly impact the earlygame, but even the fact that you can no longer use the truck makes the world of a difference in the first few engagement, and that snowballs. Then, against Soviets, at 2 cp come the Guards, 90% of the time. Maps are of course also a major factor, especially when it comes to SHQ placement, but in general the parameters of the tradeoff you usually took when going SHQ have just shifted too much for the build to be still viable, as you'll need more staying power earlier.
14 May 2015, 08:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 06:04 AMJohnnyB

:rofl: wrong!!. That's not my player card mr SmartAss. Try again. Tip: I use a different name in game :nahnah:

Go ahead and prove me wrong.
Otherwise I encourage everyone to act and reply to you as it was yours. :snfBarton:

@Nuclear Arbitor
So that makes DP guards and m1919 paras even more expensive against falls.

Not sure what anyone wants to argue here about falls.
14 May 2015, 08:48 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 06:08 AMJohnnyB

You are a troll and your style on internet makes me sick. Also your way to evaluate players' value it's disgusting. It's because people like you, players are not showing their playercards. For instance, you are so idiot that you think players should open their mouths only if they have higher stats than yours which is completely wrong because they are a minority compared to the total number of players.

don't beat round the bush. u don't want to show ur card cus u know many will call u out on ur l2p issues.

so u feel it better to just attack the person making a simple request

truly pathetic
14 May 2015, 09:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 08:30 AMKatitof

Go ahead and prove me wrong.
Otherwise I encourage everyone to act and reply to you as it was yours. :snfBarton:

I don't care. Post yours and I'll post mine. It's as simple as that.
14 May 2015, 09:13 AM

don't beat round the bush. u don't want to show ur card cus u know many will call u out on ur l2p issues.

so u feel it better to just attack the person making a simple request

truly pathetic

Your bias and insolence are pathetic.
14 May 2015, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 09:13 AMJohnnyB
Your bias and insolence are pathetic.

Looks like only you is pathetic person here.
14 May 2015, 14:56 PM

Fallsch are useful in and of the fact they are much more efficient at dealing with Shock troops than Obers are, and you can get them for free (MP wise that is). The airborne assault ability is best used on a contested VP you both are fighting over as it will suppress and damage his infantry a fair amount, and give you a free squad of Fallsch.

The thing they have trouble with are Guards, who can snipe models fairly reliably which is deadly to the low model count Fallsch, as each model lost is a significant reduction in their DPS.
14 May 2015, 18:52 PM

The only thing I really hate about OKW is the lack of openings. The Volks spam into 1 - 2 armor unit is just incredibly boring. I really think Relic should add mortar or some sort of support weapon.
14 May 2015, 19:10 PM

Everything is OP if you think about it. \:foreveralone:/

For OKW specifically: Late game KT, Above vet 2 Falls, Jaeger spam, upgraded late game Ober spam, FWD HQ on certain maps(i.e. Kharkov, Langres, Minsk). Vetted Panthers, Vet 5 volk blobs, Puma + Flak combo vs USF, stuka insta-wipe machine). This applies mostly to 1v1. 2v2 and above just spam KT + JadgTiger or Panthers with stuka :foreveralone:
14 May 2015, 19:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 09:12 AMJohnnyB

I don't care. Post yours and I'll post mine. It's as simple as that.

I thought I have taught you how to use google.
Anyone willing always could check mine anytime.

Where is yours now?
14 May 2015, 20:04 PM

Does every post end up in flames? Looks like the usual suspects as well.. Jeez...
14 May 2015, 22:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2015, 13:40 PMKatitof

Must be because both, guards and 1919 paras are bigger investments. Guards without DPs will be ripped apart by falls and so will be 1919 paras, just like cons are being ripped apart by LMG grens.
Falls perform like 340mp(reinforce cost allows you to easily calculate units value, falls were 45, right?) unit with 100 mp being the opportunity cost for being able to spawn them on the field.

Paras have lower opportunity cost, but higher risk and perform like 350 mp unit roughly without upgrade.
Guards are obvious.

So you're expecting cheaper long range unit to beat more expensive, upgraded, long range units and tell they are useless because of that.

Well, then I say we should buff penals, rifles and so on, because they are a joke against stg obers.
That is your logic here.

If 440 mp is due to oppurtunnity cost and actual price is 340 mp as u argue then there is zero logic to its insane reinforce cost.Also it maens OKW no longer has best lategame infantry,which is one of the reasons for income malus because obers no longer do that.
14 May 2015, 22:40 PM

If 440 mp is due to oppurtunnity cost and actual price is 340 mp as u argue then there is zero logic to its insane reinforce cost.Also it maens OKW no longer has best lategame infantry,which is one of the reasons for income malus because obers no longer do that.

How does spawning on empty buildings with high DPS, faust, & grenades not count as best late game infantry? Obers are still the best infantry with upgrades, Jesus Christ you make it sound like Cons and Rifles are on par.
15 May 2015, 06:52 AM

Also why should okw get the best late game infantry? Fair enough if it is tied to vet. but okw doesn't suffer from less mp.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS