Login

russian armor

It is OK to have tank with invisibility in this game?

4 May 2015, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2015, 16:15 PMgokkel
What else do you suggest to give as Vet 1, and what bonus would you give on Vet 5 instead (because it buffs said ability)?

Capturing points!
And with vet5 faster capturing! :foreveralone:
4 May 2015, 17:26 PM
Patrion 28

jpIV is an amazing tank and pretty much the only weakness is over excited users not keeping it far enough back. with vet it's easily the best non-heavy AT in the game.
4 May 2015, 17:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

there's a fine line there between useless abilities and super snowball abilities. with that said, there are only a few vet abilities that are fine and less that are potentially op.

I'm not talking about top tier abilities such as Blitz, TWP or precision strike. Since release of WFA, the rules regarding veterancy has change.

It no longer needs to be vet1 utility and following ones stats buffs.
If an ability is strong enough, you can just put it behind a further level of veterancy.

4 May 2015, 19:07 PM

This is an excellent tank, its fine how it is.
4 May 2015, 23:42 PM

Worked fine last time (vCoH).

JPIV is underused as it is, don't nerf it now.

Underused? Really? At that level of play it's underused? At top 1000? The OKW don't need Pather of KT for win, double JP with some infantry and LE18 is able to shotdown everything.

You can't fight OKW inf with Sov or US inf at same effictivness, so you need some tanks or support weapons. All allied tanks is tresh for JP + Raketen combo, and Obers just laugh at mg's with inf supp. Yep, it's a question of micro right. Try to flank it.
5 May 2015, 00:36 AM

Yes.
5 May 2015, 00:39 AM

Underused? Really? At that level of play it's underused? At top 1000? The OKW don't need Pather of KT for win, double JP with some infantry and LE18 is able to shotdown everything.

You can't fight OKW inf with Sov or US inf at same effictivness, so you need some tanks or support weapons. All allied tanks is tresh for JP + Raketen combo, and Obers just laugh at mg's with inf supp. Yep, it's a question of micro right. Try to flank it.

Uh, Volks are worse than rifles and conscripts. If your losing to OKW infantry still at this point you must forgotten that you can upgrade your rifles and call in guards and Shocks.

5 May 2015, 02:00 AM

only when it is not moving, and need inside bushes or next to the trees and have skill that take 10sec to set up camo(kind like defensive stand of ost tanks) and reveled once fired. then i guess it will be ok
11 May 2015, 14:13 PM

That statement contradicts itself.
12 May 2015, 09:00 AM
Donator 11

It is okay. On its own its useless and easily flanked, has no pintle mounted MG and is a dedicated tank hunter. it can only work properly with infantry ahead spotting for it. It promotes combined arms in the otherwise lackluster OKW unit loster. In that regard I am fine with it in its current form.
12 May 2015, 12:36 PM

It is okay. On its own its useless and easily flanked, has no pintle mounted MG and is a dedicated tank hunter. it can only work properly with infantry ahead spotting for it. It promotes combined arms in the otherwise lackluster OKW unit loster. In that regard I am fine with it in its current form.

Basically, you can't EASILY flank him. Couse of 2 raketen covering JP4, and they able to penetrate Tigers front armor btw. For 270 mp. And if you playing same game as do I, you can't find routes to flank on EVERY map. They are bottle necks.

Why i'm no surprised with "i'm fine with it" :) Unit with great armor, a lot of hp, top damage and invisibility is fine :)

Do you realise what this unit shut down all allied tanks hard? And it comes out at the same or 1-2 minutes later that allied medium tanks...
12 May 2015, 12:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2015, 12:36 PMcarloff

Basically, you can't EASILY flank him. Couse of 2 raketen covering JP4, and they able to penetrate Tigers front armor btw. For 270 mp. And if you playing same game as do I, you can't find routes to flank on EVERY map. They are bottle necks.

Why i'm no surprised with "i'm fine with it" :) Unit with great armor, a lot of hp, top damage and invisibility is fine :)

Do you realise what this unit shut down all allied tanks hard? And it comes out at the same or 1-2 minutes later that allied medium tanks...

If the OKW player rushes this tank out when the Allies get their first one, then they didn't build the Schwerer tier, so they don't have access to their really good AI, so just swarm with infantry. Volks don't hold the line very well anymore and fail to even tickle USF and Soviet elite infantry. OKW got a big power decrease and all their units seem to be in a good place(a few are even arguably UP). The Jagdpanzer IV is slow and costs a good amount of precious fuel. Wherever it is just go somewhere else, it is slow as heck, so maneuver and attack another area of the map.
12 May 2015, 13:23 PM

JP4 is fine. Its worth the cost. Its not OP. You can actually build Bazooka squads and push it off. One of the few things that you can actually fire zooks at and not get murdered for attempting to do so.

Zis, 57MM and Zooks and the JP4 is useless. That is of course if you cant flank it and just destroy it that way.
12 May 2015, 16:38 PM

JP4 is fine. Its worth the cost. Its not OP.

Antitank, with LOT of hp AND armor, with high DPS and INVISIBILITY?
12 May 2015, 17:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I like when people describe subjetively, instead of objetively.

-It has the same HP as an Su85 = Same HP as most medium tanks = 640hp
-DPS means shit on this game for AT purposes. You talk about Pen and RoF.
Su85 fire .75s faster and has a better pen drop off.
Note: JP4 fights against lower armored tanks in comparison to Su85 and the disparity on AT infantry.
-Armor wise, yeah.
-Veterancy: i'll rather have tracking and veterancy improved on the Su85 rather than tweaking the JPIV.
12 May 2015, 18:32 PM

I like when people describe subjetively, instead of objetively.

-It has the same HP as an Su85 = Same HP as most medium tanks = 640hp
-DPS means shit on this game for AT purposes. You talk about Pen and RoF.
Su85 fire .75s faster and has a better pen drop off.
Note: JP4 fights against lower armored tanks in comparison to Su85 and the disparity on AT infantry.
-Armor wise, yeah.
-Veterancy: i'll rather have tracking and veterancy improved on the Su85 rather than tweaking the JPIV.

800 HPs at Vet 2

B-)

Dont forget the small target size that makes it really hard to hit. But even so it basically a very armored Pak gun. Treat it the same way. It cant be everywhere at once. And I personally feel all dedicated hard counter units should be powerful because after all...

YOU HAD ONE JOB!
13 May 2015, 18:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2015, 16:38 PMcarloff

Antitank, with LOT of hp AND armor, with high DPS and INVISIBILITY?

Yea, it is fine, even after reading yours over-exaggerated posts.

It is more expensive than su-85, even more so with fuel penalty. But it has survivability and su85 has firepower, both scale very good, jpz4 has 5 vet but su85 with vet 3 is just a killing machine with that dps.

I mentioned fuel penalty because u can't spam them like u can spam su85
13 May 2015, 18:24 PM

Does the invisibility require a sort of hull-down ability with a cooldown that either immobilizes the tank or reduces its speed and rotation like the forward scope sight on tanks like SU85s and Elefants?

Because if its just a passive invisibility for not moving, then maybe it needs a drawback of some sort. The cloaking may not be a problem in and of itself, but the way it cloaks and what sort of restrictions/tradeoffs it has does matter a rather big deal.
13 May 2015, 18:26 PM

Does the invisibility require a sort of hull-down ability with a cooldown that either immobilizes the tank or reduces its speed and rotation like the forward scope sight on tanks like SU85s and Elefants?

Because if its just a passive invisibility for not moving, then maybe it needs a drawback of some sort. The cloaking may not be a problem in and of itself, but the way it cloaks and what sort of restrictions/tradeoffs it has does matter a rather big deal.

Yes, it is slower, both with speed and rotation, same penalty like forward scope sight.
13 May 2015, 19:00 PM

JP IV is maybe a tad overpriced, otherwise fine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★