Login

russian armor

Axis Goliath

1 May 2015, 13:13 PM

More units that can one shot squads added to the game? No please there are other things that can be implemented to counter blobs,but more squad wiping abuse isnt.
1 May 2015, 13:28 PM
Donator 33

Give Axis demo because allies have it,, but insanity to give soviets wide arc bunkers MG and USF a heavy tank because Axis have it., I'm never a fan of these threads that just want to give one side a new toy and nothing for the other. I don't think its a hard concept that if denos go to axis as a stock unit, that stock Soviet bunkers should appear. Doubt either is to occur.
1 May 2015, 13:37 PM

I use demos whenever I can as they allow for no brainer squadwipes and have won me lots of games, that being said, there are shitty mechanic that should never have been implemented in the current form. A Goliath would present just the same problems to both gameplay and balance.
In my opinion, a better solution to the demo conundrum would be to: 1. Demos should be significantly cost-reduced - to say 50-60 munis, and 2. Fundamentally work like Para satchel charges, ie. automatically detonating after a timer - the difference being, 3.: It should be only able to be planted on buildings, including deployed OKW trucks, sandbags, wire etc..
1 May 2015, 13:56 PM

Now you answer me, why you bitch about demos and 120mm wiping squads and then ask for the same things for axis, because to me you are not looking for a balance, but supremacy.

Sums up this thread.
1 May 2015, 15:17 PM

I like it when every thread is turned into Fanboyism accusations a "Y U HAVE IS2 Y I HAVE PAK" BS. If you are truly anti-troll and impartial, ignore the posts you think are biased. Simple as that.
1 May 2015, 15:30 PM

The problem is demos were designed as something that allowed destroying building and bridges in vcoh. When ice appeared in coh2 the ability to lay demos anywhere has shown up. They are quite expensive and actually have to have very big range (to destroy ice reliably) as well as damage (to destroy structures), which obviously leads to wipes. I don't know if coh2 engine allows for different damage and AOE effects for different entities, but if it could, that would be the key.
1 May 2015, 15:33 PM

Tiger.
That was easy.

Then don't build it if you think so. Its not the only tank OKW have.
I believe T34/76 is not worth its price, still there are people making them, some even have some success.

Ost skips tech just as well.
This is way too easy for me.

Because allied armor with exception of a single tank are much easier to destroy.
I'll grab a popcorn and sit comfortably while you try to explain to my why 240mp is more then 320mp/100fu.

Thank you for repeating my point, here, have a cookie. And I'll add as much relevant examples as it takes for narrow minds like yours to grasp the idea.

Why are you crying about 120mm and demos wiping squads in on thread and asking for it for axis in other?
And its not like axis don't have anti blob options.
Pin plane anyone?
Sturmtiger? You certainly do not need to spam panthers when you're facing infantry blobs.
You have different anti blob options.
Its called asymmetrical balance.

I already did. Just because you have chosen to be blind and deaf about my answer and ignore it, repeating the question like a retarded kid regardless how many times you'll get answered doesn't mean its not there.

And no, medium tanks are not blob counters, perhaps you have forgotten where shreck upgrade button is?
Now you answer me, why you bitch about demos and 120mm wiping squads and then ask for the same things for axis, because to me you are not looking for a balance, but supremacy.

Tiger vs is-2.Is-2 wins 10 out of 10,even with AT gun support on both sides.There goes ur comparison.

Then don't bring it up as an argument if u know its shit because u can get 2-2.5 is-2s by that time.Do i need to list the number of ost units not worth their price.Hell even ur archenemy obers aren't worth their price anymore.
Also u didn't answer why soviets have so much iwin cheese?

Nope,not without CAS.Tiger meta is nowhere near as powerful as is-2.

And the single allied tank is the most used tank in the game,and most cost effective and powerful.Jackson is as good as any axis armor now in terms of cost effectiveness.No longer clinging to that excuse.elaborate on the cost comparison,didn't get the point.

Strumtiger ..lolz?And a single doctrinal ability...taht's all u got?Compare dto what?Katyusha,minespam,demos,HE sherman,scott,120 mm...give me a break ..fanboyism has its limits .

Supermacy?Tell me one aspect ost is supreme at?
Lategame armor?
Earlygame?
Indirect fire?
Teching?
Elite infantry?

Give it a break already,ur repeatative arguments -'its fine','assymetric balance'oh i don't know because...'...answer me when u grow out of them.Beacuse till then u just write biased bullshit as always.

1 May 2015, 15:35 PM

More units that can one shot squads added to the game? No please there are other things that can be implemented to counter blobs,but more squad wiping abuse isnt.

Then lets have less squad wiping abuse.Remove the demos from allies as well.I mean its not like they are blobbing any less or lack anti blobbing options for that matter.
1 May 2015, 15:44 PM
Donator 33

I use demos whenever I can as they allow for no brainer squadwipes and have won me lots of games, that being said, there are shitty mechanic that should never have been implemented in the current form. A Goliath would present just the same problems to both gameplay and balance.
In my opinion, a better solution to the demo conundrum would be to: 1. Demos should be significantly cost-reduced - to say 50-60 munis, and 2. Fundamentally work like Para satchel charges, ie. automatically detonating after a timer - the difference being, 3.: It should be only able to be planted on buildings, including deployed OKW trucks, sandbags, wire etc..

I agree. Demos have to be redesigned rather than being added to Axis as well.
1 May 2015, 15:51 PM

Then perhaps you should take that into account next time you form such question/suggestion. Your weight example is perfect in this case.
You can't propose putting something on the other side without taking something from there first or if you take something from one side, you should take something from another so the weight checks out.

You seem to be making a critical mistake of assuming the weights aren't balanced right now.
You have demos on one side and multiple, effective non doctrinal infantry and armor upgrades on the other.

You realize the same can be said about literally every single thing axis have for them that allies don't and it will be equally valid, right?

"You seem to be making a critical mistake of assuming the weights aren't balanced right now."
Clearly I'm not, since I'm saying demo is leading to disbalance... So... In your face.

"You can't propose putting something on the other side without taking something from there first or if you take something from one side, you should take something from another so the weight checks out."
Not necessarily. If one side is heavier by a kilo, take off a kilo weight from one side only and ta-daaaa.

Anyway, balance doesn't simply come down to demo. It's just a not-fun factor.

You know I've also said that Axis units/abilities can be removed if they're not fun. SO, assuming we can take something away from axis which is also spoiling the gameplay - Would you agree that demo should go?
1 May 2015, 16:29 PM

Give Axis demo because allies have it,, but insanity to give soviets wide arc bunkers MG and USF a heavy tank because Axis have it., I'm never a fan of these threads that just want to give one side a new toy and nothing for the other. I don't think its a hard concept that if denos go to axis as a stock unit, that stock Soviet bunkers should appear. Doubt either is to occur.

OKW doesn't have bunkers outside of a doctrine, and USF has bunkers that can shoot rifle nades at people. If you seriously think Soviets are in need of a bunker when they already have the most powerful area denial tools in the game your nuts.

Why should Axis be punished more for blobbing, and USF/Soviets less?
1 May 2015, 17:22 PM

Supermacy?Tell me one aspect ost is supreme at?
Lategame armor?
Earlygame?
Indirect fire?
Teching?
Elite infantry?

What

In every single thing you pointed out wehr is superior except early game

Why do you always have to bring in doctrines? Because soviets sure do have shocks-guards-120-is2-t3485 commander so they can be better in every situation and aspect
1 May 2015, 18:09 PM

What

In every single thing you pointed out wehr is superior except early game

Why do you always have to bring in doctrines? Because soviets sure do have shocks-guards-120-is2-t3485 commander so they can be better in every situation and aspect

Wehr, superior in lategame armour, indirect fire, or Elite infantry? OH does not even have elite infantry, just saying, its indirect fire, apart from the indeed viable mortar, consists out of powerhouses such as the Pwerfer or the LeFH, and I really struggle to see any superiority in lategame armour these days...
1 May 2015, 18:46 PM

OH does not even have elite infantry, just saying

These guys, while not as durable, are technically stock elite infantry like obers or guards. Just saying

its indirect fire, apart from the indeed viable mortar, consists out of powerhouses such as the Pwerfer or the LeFH

True. Both werfer and lefh are pathetic. While I meant 81 I should have clarified.

and I really struggle to see any superiority in lategame armour these days...

Back to the point: you fail to see axis late game armor superiority because current meta is shock rifle, which is a doctrine. Wehr T4 is expensive, but in the end affordable - and T-34/76s are not viable in the late game. Honestly what we have now is quite desired if we take 'all factions same power every stage of game' attitude.

Relic should either stick to soviets' initial design (which was bad. Ultra ramming) or redesign the faction as a whole because what we currently have is a mix of remains of some poor ideas from the past.
1 May 2015, 18:49 PM

If you don't have anything to say related to the post, theN please!
S
H
U
T

U
P

Admin, please remove these posts. Thank you
1 May 2015, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2015, 20:58 PMGiaA

I love people who always bring up price in discussions about blobbing. He is the only one who can play like this. It takes skill to blob in CoH2 and I don't see why massing a lot of units shouldn't be a valid tactic as long as it is difficult to do.

LOL. You are kidding, right? Blobing requires skill? LMAO
1 May 2015, 20:07 PM

Well, one could probably argue that it takes a kind of skillset to control a blob of infantry, and there's probably some art to moving the blob around without getting it wiped by a katyusha or stuka, but... The blobs completely undermine most of the strategic merit of Company of Heroes' Essence Engine.

Suppression was (is) an extremely innovative and interesting game mechanic, just like the concept of cover. CoH2 has kinda proven to have flipped the bird towards suppression units like MGs, and the current cover-humping mechanics makes open, empty fields more preferable than positioning units into cover.

Without either of those being the mainstays of the game, god knows wtf balancing the game is going to look at. It's been about as random as it can get, and most changes are based around the meta, not the mechanics of the game.
1 May 2015, 20:20 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

If you don't have anything to say related to the post, theN please!
S
H
U
T

U
P

Admin, please remove these posts. Thank you

P
L
E
A
S