Login

russian armor

A letter to Relic COH2 Game balance team

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
9 Apr 2015, 06:39 AM

Nobody cares Alex, blog some where else.

I also think that Alex sometimes writes rubbish (just look at his post count, I haven't seen him before 2015!) but this Bingo sheet really made me laugh because it resembles the CoH2.org community very well.

Don't be buzzkill :nahnah:
9 Apr 2015, 06:40 AM

I also think that Alex sometimes writes rubbish (just look at his post count, I haven't seen him before 2015!) but this Bingo sheet really made me laugh because it resembles the CoH2.org community very well.

Don't be a buzzkill :nahnah:
9 Apr 2015, 07:09 AM

Truck pushing was incredibly lame, I am so glad it is gone and never coming back.
9 Apr 2015, 07:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 18:14 PMpugzii
This post has scared me more than anything I've read on here. The fact this guy is top on many factions and the fact that these kinda people are the guys who are on the relic internal balance forum, give advise to relic and do the alpha testing probably equates to why the games so fucked and stuff like truck pushing even existed in the first place.

Paul isn't in the alpha.
9 Apr 2015, 07:18 AM

Yup, after 8 pages people are still arguing about Truck pushing, instead of other balance suggestions he made.
9 Apr 2015, 07:50 AM

Guards troops with DP28 have more dps output than Ober with Mg34

the PTRS dps chat shown on stats-coh have been adjusted for size 20 units,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LOYMDi_XR7rILsk6HbAZqGihsk22t-45C_6NbQEP-m0/edit#gid=0

at range 30:

dp28:6.442 x2
guard mosin:1.72 x2
PTRS:3.444 x2

total:23.212

ober kar:4.289 x3
lmg34:14.582

total: 27.449
9 Apr 2015, 08:22 AM
Patrion 14

I'm not eating it

I'll give that to one of the Greens...

Perfect test to see if they're up to the job :snfCHVGame:
9 Apr 2015, 08:48 AM

Can we like, not let this thread derail and become a flamefest?

Had a good laugh reading the OP and the answers though.
9 Apr 2015, 08:51 AM

love how he's trying to sneak flame projectors back in

remember that clusterfuck, back in the day?
9 Apr 2015, 08:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 23:34 PMVuther

There had to be at least one moment where a desperate, stopped truck driver started accelerating and forced the infantrymen trying to capture him to dodge it, right?

Well, there was one where the driver literally axed to death troops that have stopped him :megusta:
9 Apr 2015, 08:55 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2015, 00:05 AMNeo
Thread should be renamed into "Large list of bad balance ideas".

+1
9 Apr 2015, 09:00 AM
Donator 11

many people in COH2.org are Allies,they never play Alex at all.
the main thing for the game balance now is the player of Alex will have to play even harder than Allies but still cannot beat them, even though they are same level players.
also, it looks like people only focus on how you talks about the truck pushing, have to say it is quite annoying for many players.
But anyway, its nice to see you stand out and give those advice.

Alex? you mean Axis?

During the last patch automatch was like 70% axis and 30% allies, all the gardning time. so you can't just say there are more players who play allies without playing axis
9 Apr 2015, 09:17 AM

Nobody cares Alex, blog some where else.

Don't be so obviously jealous of him! ;) that's actually very cool.
9 Apr 2015, 09:27 AM

check change log . It got nerfed already.

All I am asking is give truck 0.5 armor.......

Why? Its bigger then ambulance, but there is not a single reason why it would be more resistant then it.
Its a car, not even armroed car, its a simple, plain supply truck, its not meant to be durable or fast and its not at the moment, balance achieved.

It doesn't need any armor buffs, because its not supposed to be in rifle range. Truck pushing abuse times are over and are not coming back, get over it.
9 Apr 2015, 09:40 AM
Benefactor 115

Developer intention doesn't matter.
It never mattered.
Masahiro Sakurai made one of the most beautiful games in existence in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Its depth and complexity is without limit, and he didn't meant to do it.
Does that mean it should not be?
Of course not.
Developers are not the end-all be-all.
Perhaps this line is convenient for you, since you have a vendetta against this tactic, but it's pure folly.

except melee came out at a time when you couldn't update console games. If he could patch melee at the time Sakurai would have got rid of a lot of stuff in the game he didn't like such as wave dashing.

Melee is a good game but the pedestal people but the game on is ridiculous, there are so many other good fighters current, contemporary and past that it is quite disingenuous to claim that melee is best game ever when people are still finding new tech for super turbo for example.

Truck pushing was lame, free unit with loads of HP and no risks if you lose it. It was not conductive to healthy game play.
9 Apr 2015, 09:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 20:40 PMDeaken

You do realize he's top ranked with all factions, right?

Have you seen him play? He is the Best blober alright.
There are so many ways to get to the top, blobing is one of them. That doesn't have to mean that he is very good. I am not saying that he is bad though! But...

9 Apr 2015, 09:54 AM

Have you seen him play? He is the Best blober alright.
There are so many ways to get to the top, blobing is one of them. That doesn't have to mean that he is very good. I am not saying that he is bad though! But...

Acing most leaderboards, runners up in the recent tournament - "that doesn't have to mean that he is very good". And such bullcrap comments while hiding the own playercard :clap:
If it's so easy to "blob to the top" where's your top 10 playercard?
9 Apr 2015, 09:57 AM

Yes Relic! Please bring Truck pushing back! Its totally fair!

Too much stupidity to handle...
9 Apr 2015, 11:09 AM

I stopped reading when this guy tried to support the return of HQ truck EXPLOIT as if it was an intentional game mechanic. I am glad you are the super chinese coh2 player, not strange if you tend to abuse the game in such ways.

Not wanting to come over racist here, but the more I play through the top ranks in team games the more I encounter chinese and south-korean players that abuse the shit out of everything they can lay hands on.

B2T: as Alpha tester, if that "letter" should reach Relic, I will be the first to say no to it.
9 Apr 2015, 11:12 AM

he just plays coh2 like it's starcraft, he has timings, buildorders, macro, and direction, and he knows the unit matchups extremely well... but he also blobs like a motherfucker, like how it's done in SC2, if it works... why stop?
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS