Login

russian armor

A letter to Relic COH2 Game balance team

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
8 Apr 2015, 17:54 PM
Donator 11

People push units around with all kinds of stuff. The problem, IMO, wasn't the pushing but more that the thing just didn't want to die.
SWS should die more easily if you face it with 2+ squads (further reduced armor), instead of moving in slow motion.
Well, just my 2 cents.

He does have some good adjustments overall, and i would love to argue about them, but in the end we know two things that will certainly happen:
1. fanboy wars
2. Relic doesn't care

:(
8 Apr 2015, 17:58 PM

8. M4A3E8 set it to Front armor 235 rear 105. 720 HP. Cost 460 MP and 155 fuel. Please give USF a tank that can deal with panther. More powerful but more expensive .
Hell, no!

Certain boundaries shouldn´t be crossed. Even if some of you despise the realism argument there is a certain rule: Panther > Sherman that every decent WW2 game stands up to. What would be next? Panzer IV beating the IS-2 in a frontal standoff?

Don´t cross the line where Coh loses all credibility.
8 Apr 2015, 18:00 PM
Donator 11

So, in addition to the Spearhead bonuses you want to increase range/decrease reload? Increasing armor as well as decreasing costs is a bit much.

Spearhead is already a good ability without a drawback, why making it more powerful?

What exactly do you think is OP about my changes??

'Spearhead' ability only gain 25% sight range and slow 25% max speed and main gun suppress +0.02.

Which is kinda useless and I dont see anyone will use it for now.

every thing :< but - Vet requirements for Sturmtiger and Le.IG reduced is ok.
8 Apr 2015, 18:01 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I admit that truck push is a bit op at old times.

But like I say it got nerfed arleady.

Now just need to balance the truck. a bit.

Well I dont use kubel because I knew My kubel will out of control some time and early kubel OKW will gain less points at the begining.

Who cares if you have zero points if you've truck sturmed someone's cutoff? They have 0 points too! Except they're the ones feeling like their being cheated out of a fair match,, not you. You're just busy securing the map with your volks.

Again maybe buff OKW in a fun way like I said
Maybe a flak HT buff? Maybe volks getting an AI upgrade..

But enough about the buffing the truck. That isn't the answer.

Where do you (as a top 5 player)feel like OKW is weakest? Why do you think OKW gets rolled over? I'm truly interested..because tops don't usually speak their mind here on the forums, especially about balance.Whether it's first language not being english(Jesulin,Quentin) or them being simply really quiet and not wanting to share much( OMGPOP)
Donator 33

Hell, no!

Certain boundaries shouldn´t be crossed. Even if some of you despise the realism argument there is a certain rule: Panther > Sherman that every decent WW2 game stands up to. What would be next? Panzer IV beating the IS-2 in a frontal standoff?

Even with these changes, Easy8s couldn't beat Panthers. I don't think these buffs are necessary though.
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 17:54 PMWygrif
A free unit shouldn't be deciding engagements, full stop. If truck pushing is indeed a legitimate tactic, then trucks should cost.

but instead truck killing award about 2000 exp, enough for any units to gain veteran.
8 Apr 2015, 18:02 PM
Donator 11

Even with these changes, Easy8s couldn't beat Panthers. I don't think these buffs are necessary though.

prevent no tech EZ8 spam (it cost more)
8 Apr 2015, 18:02 PM

Hell, no!

Don´t cross the line where Coh loses all credibility.

Yikes dude, all that would do is let E8 take one extra shot from the panther, armor buff would make no difference.

It would make the E8 slightly more effective than the panther than the t-34/85, but without mark target, noticeably weaker.
8 Apr 2015, 18:06 PM

but instead truck killing award about 2000 exp, enough for any units to gain veteran.

I'd support reducing or eliminating the exp award, but free units winning fights simply isn't reasonable.
8 Apr 2015, 18:06 PM
Donator 11

Who cares if you have zero points if you've truck sturmed someone's cutoff? They have 0 points too! Except they're the ones feeling like their being cheated out of a fair match,, not you. You're just busy securing the map with your volks.

Again maybe buff OKW in a fun way like I said
Maybe a flak HT buff? Maybe volks getting an AI upgrade..

But enough about the buffing the truck. That isn't the answer.

Where do you (as a top 5 player)feel like OKW is weakest? Why do you think OKW gets rolled over? I'm truly interested..because tops don't usually speak their mind here on the forums, especially about balance.Whether it's first language not being english(Jesulin,Quentin) or them being simply really quiet and not wanting to share much( OMGPOP)

Well... OKW have 10% less ammo and 33% less FUEL income.

USF and SOVIET do not need much for their tanks. they have call in. but not the OKW.

OKW have a lot of things that they cant counter: B4 , 120 mortar. 81mm mortar. T-70 wipe. IS-2 wipe 2 is-2 kill KT. FLAMER spam. It is so hard to play as OKW now days.
8 Apr 2015, 18:07 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 18:06 PMWygrif

I'd support reducing or eliminating the exp award, but free units winning fights simply isn't reasonable.

I cant show u how to counter truck pushing.

When I play as USF and SOVIET I never got truck push till death.

(but not in north of road to Kharkov))
8 Apr 2015, 18:08 PM
Patrion 15

Dear Relic COH2 Game balance team:
Hi! My name is PauL.a.D. I am the host of HOI, Heart of Iron clan. Now I’m Ranked #1 Chinese in Coh2. (USF #1 OKW #6 Soviet #1 OSTHEER #1 in 1v1). There are a lot of Chinese player in this game and they LOVE it. However after last patch at March 31rst 2015, they made lots of complaint towards balance. Here are my opinions:
First: The core combatants of some factions got altered a lot in last patch.
Truck-push tactic got nerfed, which I’ll accept, but please my dear Relic. Please don’t nerf the truck to the ground. You are here to balance the game, not to destroy some of the tactic once and for all. I am the one who was well known to use truck-push effectively, but now. I am forced not to do so. I think truck’s Armor need to be set to 3.5, but instead truck killing award about 2000 exp, enough for any units to gain veteran. That will be good for balance. At least I can still truck-push it:)

1. Soviet SNIPER nerf: It’s good and reasonable, although I feel a bit down since I always like double sniper. Soviet sniper now cost 320MP.

These made me chuckle. It's almost like you want Relic to balance the game based on your preferences.
8 Apr 2015, 18:09 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Well... OKW have 10% less ammo and 33% less FUEL income.

USF and SOVIET do not need much for their tanks. they have call in. but not the OKW.

OKW have a lot of things that they cant counter: B4 , 120 mortar. 81mm mortar. T-70 wipe. IS-2 wipe 2 is-2 kill KT. FLAMER spam. It is so hard to play as OKW now days.

Maybe remove the fuel and muni penalty altogether and replace with manpower penalty? With some appropriate nerfs and buffs of course.
8 Apr 2015, 18:10 PM
Donator 11

These made me chuckle. It's almost like you want Relic to balance the game based on your preferences.

I accept they nerf it. But they need adjustment.
8 Apr 2015, 18:12 PM
Donator 11

Maybe remove the fuel and muni penalty altogether and replace with manpower penalty? With some appropriate nerfs and buffs of course.

Like I say. they need adjustment but not to change the whole game.

I dont wana every 3-6 months having a new game.

I cant show u how to counter truck pushing.

When I play as USF and SOVIET I never got truck push till death.

(but not in north of road to Kharkov))

I know that it is counterable, I've countered it. That's not relevant--it's the principal. If you pay nothing for a unit, it should not be an effective combat unit.
Donator 33

'Spearhead' ability only gain 25% sight range and slow 25% max speed and main gun suppress +0.02.

Which is kinda useless and I dont see anyone will use it for now.

every thing :< but - Vet requirements for Sturmtiger and Le.IG reduced is ok.

I always thought spearhead also increases turret rotation speed?

I still don't like the idea of increasing armor AND reducing costs.

Sorry, but how are my changes OP?

The "hollow charge" ability is useless. It's terribly inaccurate because it's barrage. I think it would be better if the le.IG fired those shells by auto-firing. It would actually hit something.

How is decreasing JT CP requirements to 12 and slightly reducing fuel costs OP? It's still the most expensive call-in (and also the latest with 12CPs).

Volks need 8 hits to kill a single soldier. After upgrading them they'd need 7 hits. OP?

Sturms with shrecks wouldn't be more OP than PGrens and Volks having Pzfausts is also nothing special. Are Grens OP because of having Pzfausts aswell?
8 Apr 2015, 18:14 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 18:12 PMWygrif

I know that it is counterable, I've countered it. That's not relevant--it's the principal. If you pay nothing for a unit, it should not be an effective combat unit.

lets talking about truck killing

truck killing award about 2000 exp
8 Apr 2015, 18:14 PM

This post has scared me more than anything I've read on here. The fact this guy is top on many factions and the fact that these kinda people are the guys who are on the relic internal balance forum, give advise to relic and do the alpha testing probably equates to why the games so fucked and stuff like truck pushing even existed in the first place.
8 Apr 2015, 18:16 PM

While I agree with some things and disagree with others one thing gets to me. The truck pushing, if you are to take out truck pushing then the m10/t34 Crush should be gone too. Theoretically if a m10/t34 could crush so can almost every tank in the game. Complaining about the truck pushing but not infantry pushing is (to me) a bit hypocritical.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS