Login

russian armor

The Brummbar

7 Apr 2015, 12:17 PM

Brummbar can actually wipe squads and stun vehicles, and can penetrate most of soviets tanks
7 Apr 2015, 12:35 PM
Donator 33

Yeah if you somehow manage to get a VET 3 Brummbar it will win vs IS-2 in 1vs1 due to each non penetrating hit, is still doing 33% damage and it can stun
7 Apr 2015, 12:52 PM

You don´t need to have Panthers and Tigers to fight off T-34s and Su-85s. In 90% of all cases you are going to face IS-2 and/or T-34/85 call ins. In this meta a Brummbär doesn´t help either.

Yes, you are going to face sooo many IS-2s and T34/85s when playing against Tank Hunter doctrine. <444>_<444>

@ATCF
Brummbar deflection damage is 50%. 33% is passive stun chance.
Its quite handy and will penetrate easily almost all mediums(only Ez8 will deflect) and help against heavies by supporting paks.

Its not best vehicle around because of pathing reasons, but it got its spot and works well within it.
7 Apr 2015, 12:52 PM

still, needs a buff (frontal armor) imo, and a cost decrease for T4.
7 Apr 2015, 12:55 PM

One pak, one Panther and one brummbar vs 4 t34/85

GG but the brumbar really did nothing for you when it comes to the 85 part. the first 85 he lost because it ate a teller ( hooray it didnt bug ) the second one he tried to flank but your pak and panther where in position.

the third one he lost because he charged your pak panther head on and ate a heat round. the 4th is a lone 85 trying to defeat a panther at long range with pak support. the only real impact the brumbar had in those fights is that chaos foolishly squandered his mark target on the brumbar.

in total the brumbar did 2 squad wipes all of them could be avoided because it took the brumbar 2 shots. once again im not really impressed by the performance and a ostwind could have been more useful.
7 Apr 2015, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 12:55 PMZyllen

GG but the brumbar really did nothing for you when it comes to the 85 part. the first 85 he lost because it ate a teller ( hooray it didnt bug ) the second one he tried to flank but your pak and panther where in position.

the third one he lost because he charged your pak panther head on and ate a heat round. the 4th is a lone 85 trying to defeat a panther at long range with pak support. the only real impact the brumbar had in those fights is that chaos foolishly squandered his mark target on the brumbar.

in total the brumbar did 2 squad wipes all of them could be avoided because it took the brumbar 2 shots. once again im not really impressed by the performance and a ostwind could have been more useful.

Well, its more about synergy. Brummbar as first tank will suck but when you combine it with AT, its amazing. It denies infantry with at nades, it can deny at guns etc. Brummbar+Panther is better option than 2 Panthers.
7 Apr 2015, 13:21 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 12:52 PMakula
still, needs a buff (frontal armor) imo, and a cost decrease for T4.

260 armor is actually quite decent. It'll get 30% more armor at vet 2 = 338 armor.

The Sturmtiger only got 220 armor which is weird because it actually had very strong armor.

Its quite handy and will penetrate easily almost all mediums(only Ez8 will deflect) and help against heavies by supporting paks.

It has 100 penetration at max range and 140 at close range. That's not even enough for a T-34/76.

-----------------------------

I almost never use this tank. Hard to say what needs to be done to make it viable.

I'd say Ostheer teching needs to be adjusted first.
7 Apr 2015, 13:22 PM

protip : brumbaar (and m8 scott and bulldozer to a lesser extent in my experience) is almost 100% accurate with attack ground.
7 Apr 2015, 13:24 PM

Well, I use it sometimes, had it used against me last night, apparently it gave no shit about AT guns or PTRS cons.

Some weeks(maybe december? derp) ago Stephenn used it to destroy like 4 or 5 tanks, so yes, it deals effetively with T34s.

Pathing is its most issue, not firepower.
7 Apr 2015, 14:29 PM

Pathing on it is bad as said. The autofire is also not very accurate, you can shoot into blobs and only hit few soldiers, which makes Ostwind look better sometimes besides it being squishier. However as mentioned by Burts, it seems to be a lot more accurate when using Attack Ground, which can make it a lot more useful.
7 Apr 2015, 14:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 12:35 PMATCF
Yeah if you somehow manage to get a VET 3 Brummbar it will win vs IS-2 in 1vs1 due to each non penetrating hit, is still doing 33% damage and it can stun

Never seen a vet 3 Brummbär. IIRC I had un unvetted Brummbär at 25 infantry kills.
7 Apr 2015, 14:57 PM
Donator 33

Never seen a vet 3 Brummbär. IIRC I had un unvetted Brummbär at 25 infantry kills.
yeah i think you need like 70 infantry kills for VET 3, but taking damage also gives VET, anyway reaching VET 3 feels like a marathon since it gains it so slowly
7 Apr 2015, 15:19 PM

260 armor is actually quite decent. It'll get 30% more armor at vet 2 = 338 armor.

The Sturmtiger only got 220 armor which is weird because it actually had very strong armor.

It has 100 penetration at max range and 140 at close range. That's not even enough for a T-34/76.

-----------------------------

I almost never use this tank. Hard to say what needs to be done to make it viable.

I'd say Ostheer teching needs to be adjusted first.

The Sturmtiger's strength is that it becomes the highest health tank in the game at 1440 at Vet 2. But yeah it doesn't make a terrible amount of sense why it has very little in the way of armor compared to the other Tiger variants.
7 Apr 2015, 15:40 PM

I like the Brummbarr, but it does require above-average micro. I managed to get a vet3 Brummbarr, and yes, it's god-like
7 Apr 2015, 16:19 PM

i think the sturmpanzer is a great unit. I think it could use a cost reduction though.
7 Apr 2015, 17:17 PM

i think the sturmpanzer is a great unit. I think it could use a cost reduction though.

This is a self contradicting statement, by any measure almost every unit in the game is great, but most are cost inefficient.
7 Apr 2015, 18:25 PM

This is a self contradicting statement, by any measure almost every unit in the game is great, but most are cost inefficient.

performance and cost efficiency is a little different. brumbarr can wipe squads well and has some decent armor.
7 Apr 2015, 18:29 PM

performance and cost efficiency is a little different. brumbarr can wipe squads well and has some decent armor.

Performance is tied to cost, so the two are inseparable. The M10 on paper is still eh but it's extremely cheap so it's a amazing unit in practice. On paper all of Ostheer T4 is great, but crap in practice because of the extremely high cost your paying for it.
7 Apr 2015, 19:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Performance is tied to cost, so the two are inseparable. The M10 on paper is still eh but it's extremely cheap so it's a amazing unit in practice. On paper all of Ostheer T4 is great, but crap in practice because of the extremely high cost your paying for it.

Perhaps they mean the unit's own performance is satisfactory (which I'd imagine would probably really mean "Please don't make it so it one-shots everything on legs all the time to improve the unit") for good gameplay - its health, armour, DPS, etc - and the game is better off messing with the circumstances in obtaining it instead?
7 Apr 2015, 19:39 PM

What is this Jackson-food unit you are all talking about? (But seriously, being 160 fuel and very incapable of defending itself, it is simply a huge target for the enemy to get an easy kill/bleed. Also, ive seen as many Brummbars as su-76's).

In theory, it looks as if it could deal with blobs, except...

Its 160 fuel

Its in T4 ...

Ostheer teching would need to be more efficient, brummbar would have to be decently cheaper, and the thing would need to handle better than a beached whale in order for it to be realistic to build...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★