Login

russian armor

The Brummbar

7 Apr 2015, 00:08 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 00:06 AMRMMLz

Other problems are all fixed by fixing Otsheer's Teching.

Yes please
7 Apr 2015, 00:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 00:08 AMVuther

Yes please

gib it 275~300 front armor, make it a assault tank, and its frontal armor is heavily armored historically.
    7 Apr 2015, 00:19 AM
    Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 00:16 AMUGBEAR

gib it 275~300 front armor, make it a assault tank, and its frontal armor is heavily armored historically.

I think that would probably make the Sturmtiger even worse comparatively.
      7 Apr 2015, 00:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 00:19 AMVuther

I think that would probably make the Sturmtiger even worse comparatively.

DPS wise Sturmtiger sucks. its all about that burst damage and ability to shoot though sight blockers.
      7 Apr 2015, 00:31 AM
      Senior Moderator Badge

DPS wise Sturmtiger sucks. its all about that burst damage and ability to shoot though sight blockers.

Yeah, but bouncing AT guns at bit under 50% of the time would also make the Sturmpanzer a noticeably better AT meatshield in addition to the obvious DPS over "If the enemy isn't paying attention I will wipe their infantry. If not, I'm a waste of time and micro".

To be honest, upping the Sturmtiger frontal armour a bunch would actually be pretty useful for it since it'd be more capable of getting all things on legs (especially AT gun) to flee in terror of its approach more easily since it won't lose health as fast. If it fails to kill anything, it'll at least take less damage to repair and less time to threaten the enemy's infantry again. That could actually be a pretty useful niche role in large games, with a team to set-up around the opening the ST made for them.
      7 Apr 2015, 00:41 AM
      Patrion 28

yeah, a big issue with the brummbar right now is that it has a lot of health and ok armour on a slow ass platform so you spend 3/4 of your time repairing it and moving it back and forth with engine damage to repair points.
      7 Apr 2015, 01:15 AM

Ostwinds accuracy and that splash damage, not mention cost surpasses Brummbar. I often find it very aggravating the Brummbar missing its target.
      7 Apr 2015, 02:02 AM

not to mention it could delete a support weapon, each time it fires.
      7 Apr 2015, 04:37 AM
      Donator 11

brummbar is useless, high cost and high tech for something that rarely even hits.
      7 Apr 2015, 04:58 AM

First thing Brummbar needs is to be able to FACE ITS ENEMY and be able to BACK UP STRAIGHT. Brummbar is perfect counter to rifle spam ( and ost ) but it dies instantly to any TD cuz it can move backwards! Most frustrating 560mp 160 fuel unit in the game.
      7 Apr 2015, 05:27 AM

Im using brummbar a lot and I have not noticed any pathing issues.

Not to mention, if ost teching was more friendly, we would see tons of brummbar OP threads.
      7 Apr 2015, 06:07 AM

Pathing is issue with this thing. It literally gets stuck on anything.

I agree with OP, a bit better crushing and it would be enough.

I created this unit yesterday in 2vs2 (it was late game and Allies were a bit desperate) and there were HUGE rifle blobs. This unit literally destroyed them. So I was actually quite satisfied with it. Only problem was that when Jacksons came guns blazing, this beast had huge issues to back off.

Also, if you plan to go T4 as Wehr, there's just no reason to go T3 (IMO) and therefore there's no Ostwind available. I will give this bad boy another try today. With Pak support, I don't see a reason why it couldn't work (as a support unit).
      7 Apr 2015, 07:28 AM
      Patrion 14

Brummbar needs a faster rotation speed. Its biggest problems seems to be that it gets stuck on a VP for example, then has to slowly turn around to change its facing. Unlike SU85s and Jagdpanzer 4s, the Brummbar is not meant to fight armor. Any armored unit can stand in front of it without worrying about much more than a stun. Increasing its turn speed would buff its pathing, while having a negligible impact on combat due to its low fire rate.
      7 Apr 2015, 11:00 AM

Its biggest problems seems to be that it gets stuck on a VP for example.

This is probably one of the most common one's i see along with getting stuck on another brummbar.
      Getting stuck on decrewed ATG's is another one that drives me nuts.
      7 Apr 2015, 11:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 06:07 AMFlamee
      Pathing is issue with this thing. It literally gets stuck on anything.

I agree with OP, a bit better crushing and it would be enough.

I created this unit yesterday in 2vs2 (it was late game and Allies were a bit desperate) and there were HUGE rifle blobs. This unit literally destroyed them. So I was actually quite satisfied with it. Only problem was that when Jacksons came guns blazing, this beast had huge issues to back off.

Also, if you plan to go T4 as Wehr, there's just no reason to go T3 (IMO) and therefore there's no Ostwind available. I will give this bad boy another try today. With Pak support, I don't see a reason why it couldn't work (as a support unit).

I build it too now and then. I've been half-successful I guess, or slightly less. Alot due to bad Micro but also due to it being a bit awkward. It's like an expensive, wheelchaired, great anti-infantry squad that can stand against small arms fire but can't cap or retreat. Heh.

If winning, sometimes I build it for variation and then I go look for somebody to kill with it.
      7 Apr 2015, 11:19 AM

I build it too now and then. I've been half-successful I guess, or slightly less. Alot due to bad Micro but also due to it being a bit awkward. It's like an expensive, wheelchaired, great anti-infantry squad that can stand against small arms fire but can't cap or retreat. Heh.

For the low low price of 160 fuel!
      7 Apr 2015, 11:24 AM

Well, it deals extremely well with PTRS blobs and its not like you'll need tigers or panthers against T34s or SU-85s.
      7 Apr 2015, 11:29 AM
      Honorary Member Badge

the Fatbar has always had mobility problems on custom maps before the most recent maps actually, due to a very large invisible box (boundary box, hitbox, whatever the term is). As a result it couldn't pass over bridges or go on terrain even the KT, JT, Sturmtiger could (example, it could not cross the bridges on Don River out of the south player's base).

That was evidently a bug, and it's been fixed in the most recent patch. I suspect that this was what caused the brumm to get caught on AT guns, trees, other tanks, etc so much. I haven't used it post patch but I suspect that the problem should be partially resolved.
      7 Apr 2015, 11:58 AM

Well, it deals extremely well with PTRS blobs and its not like you'll need tigers or panthers against T34s or SU-85s.
      You don´t need to have Panthers and Tigers to fight off T-34s and Su-85s. In 90% of all cases you are going to face IS-2 and/or T-34/85 call ins. In this meta a Brummbär doesn´t help either.
      7 Apr 2015, 12:13 PM

One pak, one Panther and one brummbar vs 4 t34/85
      1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
        Steam Alias
        W
        L
        %
        Streak
      Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight