Login

russian armor

Relic's Roadmap

PAGES (7)down
3 Apr 2015, 03:38 AM

We know why it takes 6 months to get a patch now*

We know there is only one new faction coming, which means people can STFU about Italy, Dak and Japan

We know what they are working on

Except we only know because we found out through game file digging and leaks, not an actual statement from Relic. This would be mostly fine if today say they came out and announced some specifics, except they didn't.

The player driven content thing also makes me very very suspicious, because the last thing we need is Relic deciding that the players can take over developing the game for them.
3 Apr 2015, 03:45 AM
Patrion 14

We know why it takes 6 months to get a patch now*

We know there is only one new faction coming, which means people can STFU about Italy, Dak and Japan

We know what they are working on

twitch is being bitch to me. 1 min load to watch 1 min and on and on. so it is definite that they meant one faction?
3 Apr 2015, 03:57 AM
Patrion 28

you know why they're called HVAC rounds? because they provide heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.
3 Apr 2015, 04:16 AM

you know why they're called HVAC rounds? because they provide heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.

I misspelled HVAP :D
3 Apr 2015, 04:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge

twitch is being bitch to me. 1 min load to watch 1 min and on and on. so it is definite that they meant one faction?

They said "faction" singular

It's also "faction" on the roadmap
3 Apr 2015, 04:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The player driven content thing also makes me very very suspicious, because the last thing we need is Relic deciding that the players can take over developing the game for them.

Given that almost everyone here seems to think that KAPPATCH would cure cancer, AIDs and erectile dysfunction and usher in a brave new world of multi million dollar purse esports you and I are in very small minority about that.
3 Apr 2015, 06:37 AM
Patrion 15

The road map looks good, now we'll just have to wait and see if Relic can deliver. I assume(because that is all I can do) many of these points have already been in the works, considering the lack of dialogue from Relic over the past 6 months. I'll be more than a little frustrated if the call in meta doesn't get addressed soon, because it's still killing the Soviet/Ostheer matchup.

I'm thrilled to see ladders being implemented, that coupled with small, regular balance patches and this game could be really competitive in a hurry.
3 Apr 2015, 06:50 AM
Benefactor 115

That's a cool picture, I like the font and the icons used in it.

3 Apr 2015, 07:51 AM

Well, it's nice that relic tells us something that they are working on, even if they didin't tell much, this is definately an improvement.

The fact that they actually touched on some of the more sensitive issues like performance and crits (even though the answer for crits was pretty stupid) is an improvement from earlier streams were they would just explain how their broken automatch system works over and over again.
3 Apr 2015, 08:03 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 07:51 AMBurts
Well, it's nice that relic tells us something that they are working on, even if they didin't tell much, this is definately an improvement.

The fact that they actually touched on some of the more sensitive issues like performance and crits (even though the answer for crits was pretty stupid) is an improvement from earlier streams were they would just explain how their broken automatch system works over and over again.

Yes! This is the sort of thing I think we've all been looking for for a long time. It doesn't have to be concrete, it doesn't have to be a timeline that promises anything, but let us know what direction you are planning on taking the game. Really encouraged by this sort of communication.
3 Apr 2015, 08:40 AM

The new faction is the british army. I think that ist very clear now. Relic wont add Japan which cynthia already confirmed because of there terrible Equipment. And a 3rd german army is very unlikely because they dont have enough new tanks/ Units left to put them in a 3rd german army.

It seems it will be only the british faction added.
3 Apr 2015, 08:43 AM

Congratulations on the Relic Team for their communication...this game is a terrific one and I am excited with what has been laid out...the last ten years have been great...the next ten will be as well !
Hux
3 Apr 2015, 08:53 AM
Patrion 14

I got the impression that Quinn hinted that once the Brits/Commonwealth are released then something new would take its place on the roadmap, although this may not necessarily be a new faction. In any case, the uneven number of factions could easily be balanced out with a larger number of diverse commanders on the axis side.

I was satisfied with the stream last night. I'm hoping that bug fixes in the future fall under the umbrella of 'optimization' which has been acknowledged and apparently worked upon so we'll just have to wait and see on that.

I think with the last patch they really took on board a lot of the communities gripes about a lot of things and so this shows at least they are using the communities views as a platform for balance, PQ never did that... I hope in future this more open dialogue continues and that can naturally filter into future issues such as cover mechanic tweaks/squad wipe potential of units (Scott) and bug fixes being focused on in patches.

The only real concern I have is that original design aim 'every battle tells a story' it's a great idea in paper but does anybody really sit down with their friends after a match to say 'whoa, I almost killed that IS-2 with a Faust until that Scott one-shorted my full health grens.. That was crazy!' ... Not really. They look at how much damage they dealt, click quit and go back to searching.

Every battle may tell a story but then again, every well participated esports event makes a shitload of advertising and revenue.
3 Apr 2015, 09:10 AM

Finland new Faction.
3 Apr 2015, 09:17 AM

I think ppl forget axis faction that come with british army at vcoh

If multiplayer focus on 1944 - 1945

The third axis army should be Panzer Division or Panzer Elite, because their unit not in coh2 (eg. jagdpanther, hetzer, hummel, marder, etc.) and operation market garden is happen in 1944

Sorry fot my bad english skill
3 Apr 2015, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2015, 22:37 PMNapalm
Hey internet strangers,

:P Told ya they were working on stuff. Damn yo.

- New faction confirmed
- Ladders confirmed
- In game store confirmed

Frankly, this isnt a roadmap, thats a workflow diagram!

They fooled you :)
3 Apr 2015, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 00:12 AMspajn
I hate seeing the guy who makes the most important decisions of coh2 barely can beat a easy AI... no wonder coh2's horrible shape at launch. Im sure he can create awesome singelplayer games but who the fuck cares about singelplayer in this day and age?

He was also explaining shit while he was playing, he even said multiple times during the stream he couldn't concentrate because he had to talk and play at the same time.
3 Apr 2015, 09:23 AM

In what universe do you watch a stream were they announce nothing, continue to shove the NDA down our throats, and then give extremely cancerous answers like "Plane crashes are fine" and not expect people to be pissed?

This stream/road map is meaningless, because we already knew everything that was happening months ago thanks to leaks and file digging. Funny that non-standard communication through shady means is basically the only way we as a community have any idea what's happening with this game.

EDIT: It should also be said the latest patch wasn't worth several months of waiting, the changes were all pretty obvious and could be finished in less than an hour because it's just tinkering with game files. The testing obviously would take a bit of time, except we can't actually tell if they DO test anything because of the insane amount of retarded stuff that get into release like:

-Poorly designed maps with rampant exploits and bugs
-Insane things like con PTRS's 1 shotting crew weapons inside buildings and 240 HVAC shells
-More bugs in general

Yea, you totally already knew about the optimization being done, the further development of mod tools, and the leaderboards.
3 Apr 2015, 09:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 08:40 AMAffe
And a 3rd german army is very unlikely because they dont have enough new tanks/ Units left to put them in a 3rd german army.

Is that a challenge?

:clap:
3 Apr 2015, 09:37 AM

Is that a challenge?

:clap:

3rd german faction would be cool but what is with OKW? If they put all These Units into a 3rd german faction then they wont have anything left to put it into a OKW commander.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS