Login

russian armor

OH Sniper

2 Apr 2015, 14:21 PM

In fairness, I think Relic may have relied upon ther Testers from the community, bcs there was no Balance designer for a while.

Well, while balance lead is important, as long as its not the only balance dev, then they should have some common sense.

Also, please post a little less vigorously? Thanks :)

I love relic and their games, but I'm not afraid to critique them when they deserve it, taking something from the game, because it was agreed its OP and then putting it back is one of those things :)
2 Apr 2015, 14:54 PM

God forbid Americans have to build something other than rifles to counter a Wehr sniper. m20 counters it fine, nothing better than a combined m20+Rifle/lieut push ending the game in the first 5 minutes.

Still struggle against a good player that keeps it alive into late game? Welcome to CoH2, Axis have been struggling against Guards+Sniper cheese for the last two years :)
2 Apr 2015, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2015, 07:23 AMEsxile
Does Rifle flare from the USF commander uncloak a sniper? Since I have face little sniper in the past, it good to know now!

Hep! Quote myself, is anyone knows if the rifle commander flare ability uncloak snipers?
2 Apr 2015, 15:12 PM

If OST sniper can consistently survive a direct hit from indirect fire should the soviet have same survivability?

Should surviving a direct hit have a cost attached?

Is indirect fire now not considered a hard counter to snipers if survivability negates a direct hit for both sniper types?
2 Apr 2015, 15:20 PM

oh woe, an axis unit is micrometers superior to it's soviet counter part.
2 Apr 2015, 15:53 PM

Considering Relic intentionally buffed units this patch because they don't like 1 shot squad wipes, and nerfed 2 indirect fire units because they were 1 shot squad wiping I think it's safe to assume the 82 health is intended.

The Katyusha not being able to 1 shot kill it isn't a problem when you considering the fact you will absolutely force him to retreat that sniper, taking it off the field for you to push. It's not like it doesn't leave him with most of his health.
2 Apr 2015, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2015, 15:04 PMEsxile

Hep! Quote myself, is anyone knows if the rifle commander flare ability uncloak snipers?

I have no idea, would be nice if you can tell us if you try it out yourself.
2 Apr 2015, 16:01 PM
Donator 11

If OST sniper can consistently survive a direct hit from indirect fire should the soviet have same survivability?

Should surviving a direct hit have a cost attached?

The soviet counterpart does have the same survivability, and doesn't die instantly in sniper wars.

Maybe a slightly higher cost would be fair, due it's higher ROF.

I just don't get this topic.
Sniper spam was / is such a common strategy as soviet, and especially Ostheer suffered a lot with it's 4 men squads, and still does. Now the Ostheer sniper is a valid unit that doesn't instantly die by looking at it, and everybody screams "op op op", after not even one day, after not even trying to adapt to this a little tiny bit.
2 Apr 2015, 19:26 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2015, 15:04 PMEsxile

It does not. However a little tip: the Major recon will uncloak it :D
2 Apr 2015, 20:29 PM

OK, you guys now I am in favor of the new hp (as you probably know :D), but he seems to be able to take a looot of small arms fire.

Sooo.... does anyone know if he still has more than 1 armor?

Also, think about this suggestions, IF the OH Sniper turns out to be op after playing for a month:

-He could take extra damage from small arms fire, like weaponsteams. That would mean he still doesn't die through RNG, but is easyer to kill if you get a flank on him.
-Or, (and this is probably to complicated) he could need to pay Req if he gets below 3 HP to be able to heal above that again.
-Or, we could even make the 2 bonus HP behind an upgrade he could buy. Maybe even a combination with my last suggestions, and lets make it a "consumable", anti shrapnell kit :"survive one explosion that would otherwise kill the Sniper, you need to buy a new one after that", 180 mp or smth.

These are all Ideas for IF the Sniper turns out to be OP. We don't have to go back to the RNG, there are options^^
2 Apr 2015, 21:25 PM

OK, you guys now I am in favor of the new hp (as you probably know :D), but he seems to be able to take a looot of small arms fire.

Sooo.... does anyone know if he still has more than 1 armor?

Also, think about this suggestions, IF the OH Sniper turns out to be op after playing for a month:

-He could take extra damage from small arms fire, like weaponsteams. That would mean he still doesn't die through RNG, but is easyer to kill if you get a flank on him.
-Or, (and this is probably to complicated) he could need to pay Req if he gets below 3 HP to be able to heal above that again.
-Or, we could even make the 2 bonus HP behind an upgrade he could buy. Maybe even a combination with my last suggestions, and lets make it a "consumable", anti shrapnell kit :"survive one explosion that would otherwise kill the Sniper, you need to buy a new one after that", 180 mp or smth.

These are all Ideas for IF the Sniper turns out to be OP. We don't have to go back to the RNG, there are options^^

simple received accuracy modifier would help. for instance 1.25 like osttruppen, would make him more vulnerable to small arms, while keeping his 82 to avoid random 1 shots by mortars.
2 Apr 2015, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2015, 21:25 PMofield

simple received accuracy modifier would help. for instance 1.25 like osttruppen, would make him more vulnerable to small arms, while keeping his 82 to avoid random 1 shots by mortars.

Nice idea, but to be honest i think wehr sniper is fine. I'm glad relic buffed the sniper and mg-42 instead of grens. Much more interesting to play againts ostheer now.
3 Apr 2015, 00:19 AM

I think the health is a tad too high but if they lower it, it will be one shotted by mortars .. hard to fix. edit: rcv'd accuracy fix might work
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
New Zealand 19
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak