Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
16 Apr 2015, 01:30 AM

I still wonder why i've still to see someone use con spam with PTRS yet.
Is not like i would had been defeated by regular con spam if that would be the case.

Tank Hunter means no IS2, T34/85, 120's, shocks, etc. The pinnacle of your armored force is a SU85. Anyone who gets beat by it was most likely trolled and would have been beaten worse had their opponent went Shock Rifle or Guard Motor. Looking at your player card, you're a top 100 as Axis so how many automatches would you expect to have with someone good enough to troll you? (assuming that there is enough of a skill difference for anyone to troll anyone else at your level)
16 Apr 2015, 01:31 AM

To be honest, I have no idea how 4-5 squads with PTRSes destroying weapon is different than Grens blob killing crew and stealing or destroying it with pzschrecks. Same for OKW blob killing crew and then destroying weapon with volks. It's excatly same result, just OST and OKW must make 3 more clicks to destroy weapon.

The difference is that in grens (or volks) approaching maxims/50 cal. If u are quick u have the chance to retreat but with ptrs, bam 1-2 shot as soon as they spot u, mg is evaporated. 2nd, comparing the accuracy values of shreck with ptrs the probability of shrecks hiring and destroying the mg itself is not comparble with ptrs
plus, in most cases a mg is not alone and there are grens/volks/cons/rifles around it, and when you come for an assault/flank, usually when you aim to take out the mg, if there are no ptrs, mg gets decrewed and after the assault/flank is pushed back you will have the chance to recrew it but if you come with the ptrs blob, all the support weapons in that area including mgs/mortars/ATs get destroyed by 1-2 click

AND YOU CAN DESTROY THEM TOO QUICKLY AND I'M SURE YOU KNOW TIME IS VERY IMPORTANT, YOU CAN DESTROY ALL THOSE IN A FLASH OF A LIGHT BEFORE YOU RETREAT YOUR BLOB
16 Apr 2015, 18:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 01:30 AMGrumpy

Tank Hunter means no IS2, T34/85, 120's, shocks, etc. The pinnacle of your armored force is a SU85. Anyone who gets beat by it was most likely trolled and would have been beaten worse had their opponent went Shock Rifle or Guard Motor. Looking at your player card, you're a top 100 as Axis so how many automatches would you expect to have with someone good enough to troll you? (assuming that there is enough of a skill difference for anyone to troll anyone else at your level)

I'll say theres a huge difference between top10/20 and top50. Theres also the consideration that some people are on top100 by just playing a lot and not neccesarily top "good" (my case when i played 1v1 and now on 2v2)

After taking into consideration map/faction/starting position > meta > balance; well i'll say anyone who is top30 on 1v1 can easily troll me on any mode if i don't go full meta, i have map advantage and play well.
16 Apr 2015, 20:55 PM

Permanently Banned
The salvage kit is the missing link. The salvage kit allows you to have t34s more often and more readily available. The free manpower and fuel from wrecks is quite significant if you are diligent at harvesting destroyed vehicles
16 Apr 2015, 21:29 PM

The salvage kit is the missing link. The salvage kit allows you to have t34s more often and more readily available. The free manpower and fuel from wrecks is quite significant if you are diligent at harvesting destroyed vehicles

It works well if you destroy vehicles instead of losing them :snfBarton:
16 Apr 2015, 21:37 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Cleaned up some Flaming!
17 Apr 2015, 12:20 PM

Tbh the amount of ptrs blobber seems to decrease. I encountered less in the passed couple of days.
17 Apr 2015, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2015, 12:20 PMofield
Tbh the amount of ptrs blobber seems to decrease. I encountered less in the passed couple of days.

PTRS's still attached to a very fragile con squad. The doctrine as a whole still not as good as other options so people were probably just trying it because others were complaining. Also, it takes a lot of micro, even compared to other Soviet gameplay and if you can't keep up, you get rekt. My micro isn't good enough so I play it only once-in-awhile for some variety, just like I did before the last patch.

PS - The bombing run on that doctrine is great - pretty much a anti-everything to anything caught in its path. The 5 mp mines are pretty good also.
17 Apr 2015, 13:50 PM

PTRS cons is simply very fun gimmick, players are finding out counters and realizing that call-in armor is needed late game for sov, so less and less PTRS cons are being used.
17 Apr 2015, 14:37 PM

Give Oustruppen a Panzerbüchse upgrade for 50 munitions.
17 Apr 2015, 16:22 PM
Modmaker Badge

I'm not sure if anybody posted this in the thread yet, but here goes nothing.

If the problem comes from the fact that Conscripts get a weapon accuracy and weapon damage modifiers with their vet, which makes the recently buffed PTRS on them too deadly, then why not just change the Conscripts' rifle .rgd file into one that has more accuracy as they level up INSTEAD of giving them the modifiers?

Side effect of this method is keeping the damage and accuracy of weapons picked up by Conscripts as a constant value, that is they wouldn't get better with Conscripts' veterancy.
17 Apr 2015, 17:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2015, 12:20 PMofield

Which is what happens when anything gets buffed:

Unit never gets used

It gets buffed so it is actually good (or new content comes out)

People who have never needed to counter it before don't know how

They complain it is OP

People adapt to the new situation and learn counters & People move on to other strats

++++++++++

Relic could make the SU-76 marginally viable instead of the unmitigated turd of a vehicle it is now and someone would still start a thread saying it's OP because they've never had to deal with it before

17 Apr 2015, 17:23 PM

A "win more" ability.
17 Apr 2015, 17:40 PM

Which is what happens when anything gets buffed:

Unit never gets used

It gets buffed so it is actually good (or new content comes out)

People who have never needed to counter it before don't know how

They complain it is OP

People adapt to the new situation and learn counters & People move on to other strats

++++++++++

Relic could make the SU-76 marginally viable instead of the unmitigated turd of a vehicle it is now and someone would still start a thread saying it's OP because they've never had to deal with it before

Just imagine the "SU-76 OP" thread :foreveralone:
17 Apr 2015, 17:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Leave thet stats as they are, but make it cheap as hell. What could go wrong :banana:
17 Apr 2015, 17:56 PM
Patrion 28

Leave thet stats as they are, but make it cheap as hell. What could go wrong :banana:

well, it's not so much something going wrong but already being wrong:

soviets having another source of shitty AT that bounces.
17 Apr 2015, 18:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

well, it's not so much something going wrong but already being wrong:

soviets having another source of shitty AT that bounces.

If they cost less fuel (from 75 to 50-55), they could be an option as a stop gap before your call in tanks. You'll able to have some indirect fire and supplementary AT against light/medium vehicles. T4 on 1v1 is already lackluster but on anything above can prove useful.

I'm more of smaller steps radical than several changes at the same time. It's hard to know how a completely new unit will behave in the game so it's easier to mess up with it's price. Right now it's really hard to justify it (even if you go T1-T4) when the performance doesn't correlate to it's price (if we compare to any of the other light/medium vehicles).

PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS