Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
2 Apr 2015, 10:37 AM

it mean other commander if conscripts pick-up PTRS form falling guard acc stats will same conscript in Tank hunter commander ?
increase upgrade cost will be better way?

If you pick up PTRS from Guards you can't spam Cons with PTRS.
But it's about something different. Cons cannot use wepoan with same accuracy like elite infantry, right? So increasing cost won't change anything because Cons will still use PTRS like elite not like cons.
Phy
2 Apr 2015, 12:21 PM

It promotes blobbing and breaks essential game mechanics like using team weapons to control blobbs.
Cons are cheap and with PTRS they are on pair with elite infantry due an upgrade that is supposed to provide an AT counter to early vehicles.

The only OP unit I see in this game is Stuka. The rest is the spam/blob strat that everybody uses with all armies (specially OKW) which relic is unable (mp drain is so hard?) to fix.
2 Apr 2015, 13:07 PM

If you pick up PTRS from Guards you can't spam Cons with PTRS.
But it's about something different. Cons cannot use wepoan with same accuracy like elite infantry, right? So increasing cost won't change anything because Cons will still use PTRS like elite not like cons.

not use term elite infantry this mean cons use DP-28,LMG42,LMG34,Bar,M1919A6,panzershcrek,Bazooka
with lower performance than other soldier include pioneer,RET,Combat engineer too ?

I think increase upgrade cost Form 50 mun to more good way for this
2 Apr 2015, 13:25 PM

not use term elite infantry this mean cons use DP-28,LMG42,LMG34,Bar,M1919A6,panzershcrek,Bazooka
with lower performance than other soldier include pioneer,RET,Combat engineer too ?

I think increase upgrade cost Form 50 mun to more good way for this

There is a reason why Kar98 is "different" weapon when used by Osttruppen, Grens or Obers.
Or MP44 etc.
Same should be about Cons and Guards.
2 Apr 2015, 13:27 PM

All I gotta say is I SAW THIS COMING A MILE AWAY when I say that accuracy buff. I was just thinking it had to be a typo.

I agree the PTRS in the hands of cons should be worse.
2 Apr 2015, 13:30 PM

All I gotta say is I SAW THIS COMING A MILE AWAY when I say that accuracy buff. I was just thinking it had to be a typo.

I agree the PTRS in the hands of cons should be worse.

Now your signature suddenly doesn't seem so retarded anymore. :D
2 Apr 2015, 13:37 PM

How does the PTRS upgrade for cons compare to the gren LMG42? (I'm not asking for your anecdotal evidence, I'm just wondering if anyone ever looked at the stats of both.)
2 Apr 2015, 13:40 PM

There is a reason why Kar98 is "different" weapon when used by Osttruppen, Grens or Obers.
Or MP44 etc.

but PTRS is drop-able weapon is a problem
if set function like LMG is ok for me
2 Apr 2015, 13:46 PM

How does the PTRS upgrade for cons compare to the gren LMG42? (I'm not asking for your anecdotal evidence, I'm just wondering if anyone ever looked at the stats of both.)

It seems that the PTRS now easily destroys weapons before killing the crew, a couple of shots and BAM your MG or PAK is gone.
2 Apr 2015, 13:47 PM

but PTRS is drop-able weapon is a problem
if set function like LMG is ok for me

LMG34 is also dropable yet only Obers can shoot with it one the move.
2 Apr 2015, 13:47 PM

Or MP44 etc.

And then again its not really different when used by cons or shocks(ppsh) or volks and pgrens(shrecks).
But you're talking mostly about stock weapons and not upgrades.

Pgrens stgs are no different then stormtroopers stgs, only scaling and cost is different and storms have unit value of 240, same as grens, yet use equally powerful stgs like pgrens.
2 Apr 2015, 13:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Isn't as easy as changing priority from the support weapon into the crew?

IDK if people are annoyed by the AI capabilities, it sniping support weapons or both.
2 Apr 2015, 13:55 PM
Benefactor 115

Isn't as easy as changing priority from the support weapon into the crew?

IDK if people are annoyed by the AI capabilities, it sniping support weapons or both.

I think it's scattering shots that kill the gun, there's no way to actually target it
2 Apr 2015, 15:15 PM
Patrion 14

love guards against HMGs.

ecountered a few guard blobs yesterday. not sure if they are op yet, but they are potent
2 Apr 2015, 16:55 PM
Donator 11

The problem lies not in the fact that cons with ptrs are op but that they buffed MG-42 and in the same time created new counter to it. Why? Because ppl now magically started to use that HMG to see what it can do now and realised they got countered by one of the commanders.

Maybe it needs a minor cost nerf but it's not unbeatable in any way. You can defeat the commander with the same strat you always did. Just spam some lmg grens and wait for the tiger. What can possibly go wrong against no callin commander?

I know it's the strategy everybody is sick of but in case of countering that specific commander it's best. You can also add new buffed sniper to the mix. And you can try out new strats vs usf or other soviet doctrines as well.

Im pretty sure the situation will stabilise itself when players forget about MG-42 again. And they will as it got no suppression buff.
2 Apr 2015, 18:35 PM

Overall this patch makes me deeply ashamed of Relic. It took them six monthes. They should have just copied and pasted Kappatch and called it a day.
3 Apr 2015, 01:25 AM

3 Apr 2015, 01:30 AM

PTRS on conscripts is too powerful. I imagine on Guards the issue isn't as big but with tank hunters and 4-5 conscripts all with 2 PTRS they are sniping germans and wrecking support weapons left right and centre.

3 Apr 2015, 01:50 AM

PTRS cons blobs are op but vetted volks blobs which thanks to acc bonuses snipe squads on retreat with shrecks are balanced. Hypocrite match.

Only op thing about PTRS conblobs their damage against team weapons.
3 Apr 2015, 02:22 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Can you even call it a blob if it can't fire on the move?
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 96

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment