Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
3 Apr 2015, 02:24 AM

Can you even call it a blob if it can't fire on the move?

Shreks cannot fire on the move, and Volks accuracy on the move is laughable. Shreks also don't 1 shot squads instantly or wipe crew weapons in a single volley.

The PTRS on guards is fine, but the con PTRS horde is a bit of a problem.
3 Apr 2015, 02:52 AM

Which one is supposed to be stronger!? Ober with upgraded LMG, or guard with PTRS and upgraded LMG? :megusta:

3 Apr 2015, 03:29 AM

Grens with LMG on green cover will usually beat guards with PTRS.

3 Apr 2015, 03:45 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Which one is supposed to be stronger!? Ober with upgraded LMG, or guard with PTRS and upgraded LMG? :megusta:

Guards have X4 the heavy AI weapons, clearly they should
3 Apr 2015, 04:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 03:45 AMVuther
Guards have X4 the heavy AI weapons, clearly they should

Which one comes way earlier, much cheaper, and doesn't require teching to T4? :)
3 Apr 2015, 04:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Which one comes way earlier, much cheaper, and doesn't require teching to T4? :)

Conscripts?
3 Apr 2015, 04:59 AM
Donator 33

Only question is.... is PTRS better ai than DP?
3 Apr 2015, 05:06 AM

Only question is.... is PTRS better ai than DP?

now yes
3 Apr 2015, 05:19 AM

Good Job relic, again some op Shit. Cons Blob incoming...

you have been able to conblob since... forever?

I have conblobbed since 2014, spring. Used NKVD since summer... It's nothing new bro.
3 Apr 2015, 05:20 AM

now yes

Dunno if just butt-hurt nazi-loving scum, or if he is actually serious O.0
3 Apr 2015, 05:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 03:29 AMy3ivan
Grens with LMG on green cover will usually beat guards with PTRS.

The LMG is a long range weapon - or so it seems to be when used most efficiently. PTRS is only good up close. - I am not sure yet, but I think they are a little too strong without having played a sufficient amount of games to have an oppinion post-patch.
3 Apr 2015, 05:35 AM

PTRS it's crazy shit right now. They got it all wrong with a weapon that desperately needed a buff. Why this instead of increased penetration? Beats me....
3 Apr 2015, 06:06 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Well, they make PGs near useless against Guards and PTRS cons(cost-wise) unless you can get them around the corner or force them to move with a nade since moving into mid-range, even with cover can mean pretty high damage spikes on a squad that is already squishy and expensive.

3 Apr 2015, 06:26 AM

Okay well I saw this thread earlier and assumed it was someone being a cry baby, but I just lost twice in a row to the same guy doing the same thing - just spamming conscripts with PTRS.

The first time was ridiculous and I got steamrolled, but I drew him again and I knew what he was going to do, and it still didnt matter. Overlapping machine guns galore, whatever I can muster, it was no use. Tried a couple flak Half tracks as well - no go.

I managed to drag the match on a little longer this time (it was a bigger map) but all he did was bunker down all over the place with sandbags and lacking any indirect fire weapons besides the overprice/terrible performance gun the OKW have (which the truck I didnt even build right away) I have no idea. Even If i did get one, he would have just rushed it and killed it.

Both games I played as OKW. Don't even want to think how this would play out vs Ostheer.

OKW has 0 ability to counter this - they have no sniper or long range unit and somehow the PTRS range is almost just as long as the MG34 and like the OP said, no f-s are given - 2-3 shots instantaneous death to MG squads. Halftracks destroyed, light tanks, whatever you have.

Short of somehow drawing them into a massive minefield, I have no idea how to fix this.

I want to play a few games as Soviet and do the same thing and see how far up the ladder I can go playing like this greasy nonsense allows.

It's bananas.
3 Apr 2015, 06:52 AM

A reasonable post

I was able to counter this in this way:

Get a Panzerfüsilier blob that can compete with the con blob.
Get a JP4 to deal with the m5 that will eventually follow.

So its blob vs blob. Don't bother for teamweapons, since the get instantly destroyed. What also works nice is a KT (getting a KT to counter cons, gj relic), if you manage to survive until stage.

Against Guards Jäger light infantry seems to work fine in combination with the ostwind, had a 2vs2 where my ostwind had 100 kills and my JLI squad about 50.
Obersoldaten can't fight them cost effective, get maximal 1-2 squads and use them cautiously, try not to bleed them or you will lose the manpower war.

So or so, it's turns into a blob vs blob fight (gj relic with that)
3 Apr 2015, 06:52 AM

you have been able to conblob since... forever?

I have conblobbed since 2014, spring. Used NKVD since summer... It's nothing new bro.

It's something very new my friend, you better test it first. PTRS either on cons or guards.

It's actually very funny to see how PTRS evaporate support weapons an AT in a couple of shots! :) not decrew, evaporates :)

Also, if you wanted to test, test a guard squad head on with ober (upgrade both with LMGs) and see how the confrontation goes :) you will be amazed. that could be fine though if the time when they hit the field and the teching requires to get (ober needs not guard) would be swaped! lol
3 Apr 2015, 06:56 AM

Increase cost to something around 120 or nerf ptrs for cons.
3 Apr 2015, 07:02 AM

Increase cost to something around 120 or nerf ptrs for cons.

Ptrs is just at a messed up condition now. tested tank hunter yesterday, built 10 cons upgraded with ptrs. they literally evaporate everything on their way head on, including support weapons and ATs. Then I took a mortar, smoked the base mg, oorahed into base and killed everything in base with a few shot. very simple! :)

btw, the cons with ptrs one shoted base's mg bunkers lol :)
3 Apr 2015, 07:02 AM

So or so, it's turns into a blob vs blob fight (gj relic with that)

Its always was blob vs blob, so not much changed with PTRS buff.
3 Apr 2015, 07:04 AM

What you guys described seems retarded. Lol, I see no reason to play anything else then tank hunters as soviet. Hopefully Relic will figure it out that they screwed this one up and will change it. Again, PTRS it's suposed to be an AT rifle so improve its damn penetration but cut this shit of.
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS