Login

russian armor

Sittard Summer - Does not Belong in Rotation

5 Apr 2015, 06:37 AM
Patrion 28

It's nice for once to get a map that isn't dominated by heavy tanks; that's one reason people don't like it...

it's more of a heavy map then most as those are the only things that can punch through without dieing and they camp the center vp really well.

it's just a shitty map in general; some people like this kind of map but it is what it is. honestly, the way to win this map is to wire/czech hedgehog your fuel (first thing, don't even cap) and rush the enemies, ignoreing the center for the most part. if that doesn't win it right there there build the best artillery you can and put it behind bunkers.
5 Apr 2015, 17:21 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Never forget the most popular vCOH map was Scheldt.

Relic has a large casual player base.

Thank you :) ( I am not one of them)
5 Apr 2015, 18:06 PM

Never forget the most popular vCOH map was Scheldt.

Relic has a large casual player base.

Second this, I am one of them.

I get drunk and play games.Sue me.

Im just happy to see some experimentation with maps. Pavlov is broken as shit aswell (OKW can get 100 fuel in like 5 mins because all wrecks are salvageable.)
If this keeps up, and we get like the top 4 maps in all the different gamemodes every month in auto-rotation it hopefully spurs the community into making more maps and more content. People trying to do maps in-order to see their maps in autorotation.
5 Apr 2015, 18:56 PM

Agreed, it's now on the permanent veto list.... plz Relic replace it.
It's a nice map, but not for automatches.
6 Apr 2015, 14:57 PM

Breaking news!

I've had fun on this map every time I've played it.

More news at 11.
6 Apr 2015, 16:32 PM

I think this map is fine for the 4v4 player base, the games have always been a huge clusterfuck with little tactic to them, just keep those away from 1v1s and 2v2s.
6 Apr 2015, 16:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2015, 14:57 PMNapalm
Breaking news!

More news at 11.

This is the "Relic side" of you talking isn't it?

My guilty pleasure is that I too enjoy campy maps, but only when I lock down all the choke points with kuble spam and the enemy gets REKT in the first 5 minutes :thumbsup:
6 Apr 2015, 16:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2015, 14:57 PMNapalm
Breaking news!

More news at 11.

I have to agree with Napalm here. Every game I've done on Sittard has been entertaining if for no other reason than the map is completely different from every other 4v4 map. It lets you play around with commanders and units that are typically considered "non-meta" and still stand a reasonable chance of victory.

I've had enough 40+ minute clusterfucks on Lienne Forest, City 17, and Steppes that I'm happy to take a break and have a 40+ minute clusterfuck on Sittard every now and then.
6 Apr 2015, 16:57 PM

Making all the bridges indestructible instead of just the middle would go a long way towards making it less campy.

But something nobody in this thread has addressed is the fact all the buildings are really, really durable. It's like half the buildings on the map are almost as durable as the train station on Eddlebruck which really doesn't help the camp factor.
6 Apr 2015, 17:25 PM

Making all the bridges indestructible instead of just the middle would go a long way towards making it less campy.

But something nobody in this thread has addressed is the fact all the buildings are really, really durable. It's like half the buildings on the map are almost as durable as the train station on Eddlebruck which really doesn't help the camp factor.

It isn't necessary to knock down buildings to kill the infantry inside and after the first 5 minutes everyone has enough mortars/ISGs to ensure that being inside a building is just as dangerous as being outside of it. Moreover there is so much green cover around the map that there isn't much difference between fighting inside a house or fighting behind a brick wall/sandbag wall. The houses really just serve to slow early engagements to a crawl as each side struggles to inflict any sort of casualty.

That said, when urban defense is used on this map the axis are going to have a bad time.
6 Apr 2015, 17:28 PM

redball express should 've been added instead of this *** map!!!
I mean even rzhev summer is better ...
6 Apr 2015, 17:30 PM
Patrion 28

the tough buildings cause problems with units that spawn in them. other than that i don't mind them though. the map shouldn't be in the ranked pool though.
6 Apr 2015, 17:30 PM

It isn't necessary to knock down buildings to kill the infantry inside and after the first 5 minutes everyone has enough mortars/ISGs to ensure that being inside a building is just as dangerous as being outside of it. Moreover there is so much green cover around the map that there isn't much difference between fighting inside a house or fighting behind a brick wall/sandbag wall. The houses really just serve to slow early engagements to a crawl as each side struggles to inflict any sort of casualty.

That said, when urban defense is used on this map the axis are going to have a bad time.

The problem isn't that in prolonged engagemeants it's to hard to unseat building campers, it's that if you rush the buildings on the other side early game you can cripple your opponent with out much effort, FHQ compounds this issue as the negatives for going that commander don't really apply on this map.
6 Apr 2015, 17:49 PM

The problem isn't that in prolonged engagemeants it's to hard to unseat building campers, it's that if you rush the buildings on the other side early game you can cripple your opponent with out much effort, FHQ compounds this issue as the negatives for going that commander don't really apply on this map.

I would propose that if players are being crippled by overextended units camping inside buildings then they are probably just being outplayed. Even maxim spam has only a limited window of effectiveness until the maxims become a huge liability. Loosing a fuel point for a couple of minutes isn't the end of the world in 4s, particularly on Sittard.
7 Apr 2015, 00:56 AM

redball express should 've been added instead of this *** map!!!
I mean even rzhev summer is better ...

Redball Express!!!
7 Apr 2015, 01:08 AM

Once I've built 4x 105mm LeFH howitzers on Sittard.
Killed 10 Katys/priests and pair of ML-20 with their Counterbarrage.

This map is such an abomination.
7 Apr 2015, 09:51 AM

Agreed!

This map making it into the rotation ahead of redball is pretty sad. I get that redball was released fairly recently, but shit that map is so polished. It's the best competitive 3v3 map available, and instead they give us a fucking comp stomp map in automatch...BLECH.

Redball is tried and true. So being new for coh2 shouldn't have been the issue. Maybe because that map has been played in coh1 so much. Sure, bring some of them back (Hill and Angoville), but maybe not all of them because we want new things. Only sensible reason I can think of.

If you don't like the way it plays, or don't like the likelihood of the map being fortified, then work around it.

It might be fun if allies had any defensive structures. Bring cement bunkers back in and bring insanely durable trenches and stuff that makes these kind of maps fun then. Don't create mobile factions and then automaps that severly hinder mobility this way. I'm ok with mud and snow.

Edit: Oh, you made this map? Well, it's nice looking & great for comp-stomp but annoyance for standard multiplayer is what I'm saying. Like so many others have said... and you alreade knew that I can see now. Ah well. So, anyways, Good Job! :) *slaps back* Alright then. *moves away*
7 Apr 2015, 10:07 AM

that's the world's best map ever, it's a combination of Lyon and Scheldt from CoH1 :snfPeter:
7 Apr 2015, 10:40 AM

This map is LOVE!
7 Apr 2015, 12:51 PM

I love the map. Monolithbacon is maybe my favorite map creator. What I don't understand is why there is no difference yet on competitive players and casual players in automach, everyone with his different pool of maps and faction commanders. Then everything will be balanced.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 90
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment