Login

russian armor

Sittard Summer - Does not Belong in Rotation

1 Apr 2015, 02:48 AM

No offense to Monolithic Bacon and Mirage (map looks very good), but this map really should not be in the automatch pool.

Why?

1. There are three bridges in the middle of the map. They are the only ways to get around. This map looks very similar to Lyon.
2. The map makes players camp. Instead of maneuver and skill, the entire map turns into an arty fest. Imagine Stukas and Katyushas bombing your guys all the time.
3. Bridges repair too fast. I can see why the bridges repair fast in order to prevent camping (i know this contradicts my second point), but the enemy just repairs it in less than five seconds.
4. Since the map becomes a static camp fest, all payers eventually stockpile a ton of resources, leading to heavy tank spam and call-ins.

I really think this map does not belong in competitive automatch.
1 Apr 2015, 03:06 AM

The bridges repair fast because they have no health. You can kill them quickly with molotovs.

Yeah it's an arty camp fest.
1 Apr 2015, 03:12 AM
Patrion 14

aye. veto for faceoff at rostov straight to sittard
1 Apr 2015, 03:18 AM

Ninja stfu :snfPeter: , be happy that relic tried to give you a new map in auto match, we've needed new maps in auto match for quite some time it has been stale. Relic will fix just veto it for now cuh cuh
1 Apr 2015, 03:27 AM
Patrion 14

Ninja stfu :snfPeter: , be happy that relic tried to give you a new map in auto match, we've needed new maps in auto match for quite some time it has been stale. Relic will fix just veto it for now cuh cuh

yea. the reason why faceoff rostov was so shitty beside its balance issues was because of its chokepoint fucky campfest/ no maneuver shitfestness. relic sure learned that lesson.

dont get me wrong. i am overall very grateful for the new maps and the patch.
1 Apr 2015, 04:30 AM

I just figured out why the bridges on Sittard die so easy, the bridges LOOK concrete, but are actually wooden :S
1 Apr 2015, 05:23 AM
Patrion 15

This map making it into the rotation ahead of redball is pretty sad. I get that redball was released fairly recently, but shit that map is so polished. It's the best competitive 3v3 map available, and instead they give us a fucking comp stomp map in automatch...BLECH.
1 Apr 2015, 06:23 AM
Patrion 14

This map making it into the rotation ahead of redball is pretty sad. I get that redball was released fairly recently, but shit that map is so polished. It's the best competitive 3v3 map available, and instead they give us a fucking comp stomp map in automatch...BLECH.

you and me both brother. who knows? in 6 months!!! cross your fingers.
1 Apr 2015, 06:50 AM

Is this a 2v2 map?
1 Apr 2015, 07:30 AM

Is this a 2v2 map?

4v4
1 Apr 2015, 08:07 AM

Double post but this map so bad it deserved it.
1 Apr 2015, 08:14 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I agree with you, that this map is more of a map for custom games than for automatch but you dishonouring it in such ways is just plain bullshit m8. The ambients are very nicely done and the folks put an incredible amount of work into this.

Why don't you make the perfect 4v4 map yourself then?
1 Apr 2015, 08:32 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I suppose I should poke my head in here before this gets out of hand.

Firstly, thanks to those who have shown support for all of the community maps and the process of integrating them into the game. It has taken a lot of work and effort to get people involved, and I am grateful for a refreshing change.

However, I completely understand why people may not be happy with Sittard being in the 4vs4 automatch. I am sure that by watching the amount of vetos and matches played on this map, Relic will make the decision to either keep it or remove it.

Simply put, if you do not enjoy the map, then veto it. However, nothing is gained by insulting either the map or the creators. You say that you have three rules for map makers? Make one yourself.

Sittard was selected because of its popularity (as it is currently one of the most played community maps in the game) and its balance (because yes, even with bridges, it is still a balanced map). If you don't like the way it plays, or don't like the likelihood of the map being fortified, then work around it.

But can anyone honestly say that they are playing 4vs4 maps without expecting spam? Honestly?
1 Apr 2015, 08:37 AM

But can anyone honestly say that they are playing 4vs4 maps without expecting spam? Honestly?

True words, lol.
1 Apr 2015, 08:49 AM

While we are at it, let's add Vire River too.
1 Apr 2015, 08:50 AM

Sittard is incredibly nice looking map,but why add such "one choke" map in automatch pool, played mainly by compstompers.

Team games Automatch players ofcourse expect large spam, but we like to see good map flow and cutoffs too, something like la gleize large, its pretty good map. This is worse than Rostov.
1 Apr 2015, 08:51 AM

you dishonouring it in such ways is just plain bullshit m8.

I might be harsh and overreacting but i was really angry after seeing this map. It should never be in automatch, and i don't care whose fault it is (probably Relic stupid decision to add it to multilayer map pool), just remove it.

I play 1v1 as well and i see more spam there, whoa. At least in 4v4 tech and medium armor play still means something and not everybody just spammming 5 cons into engies into occasional t2 units/t3 t70 rush into is2. Lets not start another 1v1 elitists vs 4v4 scrubs discussion.

Problem is not balance of the map (sorry, but truth if neither team can cross river in the middle, said limitation is not making map balanced), but limited movement. OKW indestructible barb wire from minute one, then some ost mortars to kill zis which would be there attempting to kill wire, then Axis would win. It is absurd.

Just want my 1 veto back :3

Btw, Monolith, if you want to keep your map in auto match, i suggest making auto match version where bridges on left and right side being replaced with VERY WIDE TERRAN PASSAGES. Then at least players would have some space to maneuver and develop their strategy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★