Login

russian armor

Sittard Summer - Does not Belong in Rotation

3 Apr 2015, 05:50 AM

Yesterday I've built 6 katys on this map. Such saturation. Never experienced that before.

Also my ally got 3 Priests. We've rained hell on them.
3 Apr 2015, 05:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I suggested that the cheesy thing to do is to have one US player build Priests, then decrew them and let everyone else on your team have 2 or 3 each...
3 Apr 2015, 05:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge

It certainly requires a different mindset to play, on map artillery, air strikes, Falls, JLI and Partisans will all be good and tanks much less so.

It is also possibly the most perfectly balanced map
3 Apr 2015, 06:51 AM

heavy tanks are still pretty dominant on the map. Gameplay is pretty static so players stock up resources. THis leads to multiple heavy call-ins and King Tigers being built
3 Apr 2015, 07:10 AM
Patrion 14

It's nice for once to get a map that isn't dominated by heavy tanks; that's one reason people don't like it...

assuming much? ppl who play bridgefest workshop maps are probably the ones who loves to horde heaviest heavies the most.

when i remember great games i had from the past, i remember maneuvering with my teammates, coordinating, using combined arms to the greatest effect, crazy game turning battles etc etc... not games where i built 6 katyshas, priests, ml20s, not microing my infantries or anything for that matter. really. sure, it will be a good LOL memory. if the map actually allowed any different playstyles, it would be a different story.

yes, you need a different mindset to play these kind of maps. but lets not be coy and be blunt. you are only allowed only one mindset when it comes to playing this kinds of maps.
nee
3 Apr 2015, 07:43 AM

I agree with pigsoup, it's a fun map, but it's the kind of map where you have to play it in a very particular way to play properly. This can really limit the sort of diversity in experience for maps.

The winter version or even Red Ball Express are good maps because they have some chokepoints but also a lot of places to flank, and a good team needs to be spreading themselves out to keep allies from being overwhelmed. This won't ever happen in Sittard, because there's only literally three places to get into the other side of the map.

IMO it's a great map for newcomers to experience 4v4 in this game though.
3 Apr 2015, 11:26 AM

It's nice for once to get a map that isn't dominated by heavy tanks; that's one reason people don't like it...

Played this map yesterday for the first time. Turned to something like this:

We had a good lough, but seriously how can anyone think it's a good idea to put a map like this into a normal map rotation? :D
3 Apr 2015, 16:35 PM

yeah exactly. the first thing that probably go through people's minds is "im gonna camp that bridge with my elefant or jagdtiger!!!"
3 Apr 2015, 16:53 PM

yeah exactly. the first thing that probably go through people's minds is "im gonna camp that bridge with my elefant or jagdtiger!!!"

This map favors Axis heavily: best set up. CAS + Jagd/Ele + Flack Truc + Spotlight Truck.
3 Apr 2015, 17:00 PM

I leave this here.... encirclement doctrine.
It's the Encirclement one (sry I linked the wrong game before)

EncirclementdoctrineOP.rec
3 Apr 2015, 18:43 PM

1. There are three bridges in the middle of the map. They are the only ways to get around. This map looks very similar to Lyon.
2. The map makes players camp. Instead of maneuver and skill, the entire map turns into an arty fest. Imagine Stukas and Katyushas bombing your guys all the time.
3. Bridges repair too fast. I can see why the bridges repair fast in order to prevent camping (i know this contradicts my second point), but the enemy just repairs it in less than five seconds.
4. Since the map becomes a static camp fest, all payers eventually stockpile a ton of resources, leading to heavy tank spam and call-ins.

I really think this map does not belong in competitive automatch.

This map is a BLAST to play for all the exact reasons you list. LOVE THIS MAP.
4 Apr 2015, 13:43 PM

Sittard is the BEST MAP from a long time, you guy's are salty cause they can't blitz/flank like they always do. Everyone complains about blobbing all the time, and now we have a camping map with position war and same peoples whine and whine. I played with 3 friend on this map a few days and it was the MOST EPIC battle i saw from a long time. BIG THANKS to Mono and Relic.
4 Apr 2015, 15:47 PM
Patrion 14

Sittard is the BEST MAP from a long time, you guy's are salty cause they can't blitz/flank like they always do....

oh yeah... guilty me. one of the greatest part about the game reduced into nothingness and transformed into build/click where you want to see michael bay effect.. and why should i hate that? :facepalm:

solution is simple. all the community map should come vetoed without costing veto points. because more i play these maps, i am realising how QA was not done on these maps. but im gonna reserve my opinions about other maps until i play more.
4 Apr 2015, 17:54 PM

oh yeah... guilty me. one of the greatest part about the game reduced into nothingness and transformed into build/click where you want to see michael bay effect.. and why should i hate that? :facepalm:

You have 99% of all maps to flank/blitz, a little bit of variety is not so bad imo ... This map bring another gameplay which's certainly more realistic and deadly.
4 Apr 2015, 18:00 PM

You have 99% of all maps to flank/blitz

Which is core gamepay on which COH 1 and 2 build.

This map bring another gameplay which's certainly more realistic and deadly.

Not in my game for reason i listed above. It is like walking into pizzeria, to order huge meat pizza only to be told today they not serving pizzas, only burgers. In pizzeria. Burgers. WTF?
4 Apr 2015, 22:49 PM

Not in my game for reason i listed above. It is like walking into pizzeria, to order huge meat pizza only to be told today they not serving pizzas, only burgers. In pizzeria. Burgers. WTF?

Trivial.
In fact, you are playing the same game, but you eat a BIG PEPPERONI instead of your habitual "huge meat pizza".
:nahnah:
4 Apr 2015, 22:54 PM

Sorry,but this map sucks for Automatch.
Never bridgemaps in Auto
5 Apr 2015, 00:02 AM
Patrion 14

Trivial.
In fact, you are playing the same game, but you eat a BIG PEPPERONI instead of your habitual "huge meat pizza".
:nahnah:

for me, it is like going into pizzaria and the owner shoves a dough with no tomato sauce and cheese at me. and ppl like you are telling me "you only hate it because it doesnt have tomato sauce and cheese like 99.9% of the pizza types.", well sue me.
5 Apr 2015, 01:46 AM

Never forget the most popular vCOH map was Scheldt.

Relic has a large casual player base.

2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS