Login

russian armor

Sittard Summer - Does not Belong in Rotation

nee
1 Apr 2015, 20:36 PM

I actually think the Winter version is much better: it is FAR less campy due to the frozen river and thus many more places to cross and surprise the enemy. The blizzard is a bit annoying though.

If there's a better version of this map, it's the winter version but without blizzards.

Also if possible WFA soundtrack!
1 Apr 2015, 21:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2015, 08:50 AMPamark
Sittard is incredibly nice looking map,but why add such "one choke" map in automatch pool, played mainly by compstompers.

Team games Automatch players ofcourse expect large spam, but we like to see good map flow and cutoffs too, something like la gleize large, its pretty good map. This is worse than Rostov.

I'll tell you why.

Because Relic doesn't employee level designers, they use artists to create their maps.
1 Apr 2015, 21:34 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

2 Offtopic posts invised
2 Apr 2015, 00:19 AM
Patrion 14

Jesus Christ i don't know why all of these scrubs are up set at bacon and mirage for they didn't do anything they just made a Damn map. It wasn't there choice to put in auto match it was relics.

i am sure most ppl arent mad at the map makers themselves, unless they are relic. we are just at awe at relic's unfathomable decision to put this map into the automatch. especially when they removed faceoff.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2015, 21:00 PMwuff

I'll tell you why.

Because Relic doesn't employee level designers, they use artists to create their maps.

that makes so much sense.

Do you really think that my intention was to belittle all of the players that support me? What benefit would that really be to me?

I'm simply making the point that you cannot expect a 4vs4 game without spam. Regardless of players or AI, it's going to happen. My point is that expecting automatch 4vs4 maps to be any different is redundant: resources, population and size remains the same.

i guess i overreacted. but i cannot imagine taking that positively. nor just neutrally. the matter of fact is that best 4v4 teams utilise combined arms spread across the entire team. sure, a man might see 6 cons between two players and yell "spammmm!!!", but that is because he is an idiot.
2 Apr 2015, 01:13 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I did just have a tense match on this but I can see why people will hate it.

But then people also hate mud, blizzards, snow, water and anything else interesting.

I can see myself needing to adapt my loadout for this.

And please don't compare to Rostov, Rostov was choky but it was also imbalanced. This isn't because resources and VP are equal on both sides.
2 Apr 2015, 02:09 AM
Patrion 14

I did just have a tense match on this but I can see why people will hate it.

But then people also hate mud, blizzards, snow, water and anything else interesting.

I can see myself needing to adapt my loadout for this.

And please don't compare to Rostov, Rostov was choky but it was also imbalanced. This isn't because resources and VP are equal on both sides.

yep. old hill331. base area size of a 1v1 map and add to that mud in every freaking way to the combat. rzhev winter, having vast area as ice... the same area which is the centre of action. nice one relic. in a game where flow is important, these hindrances are more of an annoyance than cool/well thoughout features that justifies adaptations.

rostov's problems: imbalances, chokepoints, artyfest, campfest, no maneuverability etc etc.

sittard's problems: chokepoints, artyfest, campfest, no maneuverability etc etc.

they sure have many things in common.
2 Apr 2015, 02:44 AM

yep. old hill331. base area size of a 1v1 map and add to that mud in every freaking way to the combat. rzhev winter, having vast area as ice... the same area which is the centre of action. nice one relic. in a game where flow is important, these hindrances are more of an annoyance than cool/well thoughout features that justifies adaptations.

rostov's problems: imbalances, chokepoints, artyfest, campfest, no maneuverability etc etc.

sittard's problems: chokepoints, artyfest, campfest, no maneuverability etc etc.

they sure have many things in common.

Yeah, the biggest issue it shares as well is with Angermunde, these giant lanes that form the perfect target zones for Elefats/ISU/Jadgtiger.
2 Apr 2015, 04:16 AM

We played a CRAZY game on this map today, and it is artilerrifestapaloozicon. 6 priests a major and a ambo with RE's trying to stand on the bridge long enough to tick off a few more vps before roosevelt has to send their folks a condolence letter.

it is a cool map, but i think it feels counter to "normal" 4v4 gameplay.

seems to me its allied favored since allies have the best on map arty.

i do like it though, but i totally get why people hate it
2 Apr 2015, 05:26 AM
Donator 11

Bacon already agreed that it isn't an automatch map. How about look at the map from his perspective. He made a community map for the community to download and play.

It just so happened to be it got so popular to the point where Relic decided to add it. This is outside of his control.

I can see why this map would be the greatest for the funz and the lulz, but not for the competitive players. I personally don't want it in the automatch. I veto it everytime, not because it looks bad (in fact it looks friggin beautiful), but because of the damn bridges. I HATE BRIDGES. DIE BRIDGES DIE. DIE. I hate The Schelcht, I hate Achelous River, and Hochwald Gap, and all those weird campy maps. Even Pripyat was an issue even though there were 4 ways of movement, those two bridges is a no no.

But anyways, Bacon, there is a very easy way to fix this automatch problem which I feel wouldn't really damage your art. Just make the top and bottom bridges indestructible and the size of the middle bridge. GGWP, map fixed.

This way, it would have a taste of campiness, but it gives people room to flank and develop their strategy.
nee
2 Apr 2015, 05:31 AM

The good thing about this map is that it easily tells you who's a noob or an idiot: just find out who's not wiring/ blocking bridge, which is helped by seeing which part of your half is lost to the enemy.

There's surprisingly a lot of people that can't figure out blocking a bridge in any meaningful way to prevent a rush.
2 Apr 2015, 05:37 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2015, 05:31 AMnee
The good thing about this map is that it easily tells you who's a noob or an idiot: just find out who's not wiring/ blocking bridge, which is helped by seeing which part of your half is lost to the enemy.

There's surprisingly a lot of people that can't figure out blocking a bridge in any meaningful way to prevent a rush.

Allies wouldn't be trying to wire off the bridge
2 Apr 2015, 07:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2015, 05:31 AMnee

From what you say, there is few noobs or idiots, that's relieve me.

I played the map yesterday, don't like it, not because it is in auto-match, just because its brainless and yes I don't really understand the "why" for creation for this map. Same if many people likes it.

The map is badly design from my point of view, not because of the bridges but the configuration around the bridges, there is nothing to hold them if you take the initiative to rush it and take it. The map isn't make to play but to wait till the countdown ends.

All 3 bridges could have been indestructible.
Side Bridge heads could have been design to favor attackers and not defenders.
2 Apr 2015, 07:33 AM

We played a CRAZY game on this map today, and it is artilerrifestapaloozicon. 6 priests a major and a ambo with RE's trying to stand on the bridge long enough to tick off a few more vps before roosevelt has to send their folks a condolence letter.

it is a cool map, but i think it feels counter to "normal" 4v4 gameplay.

seems to me its allied favored since allies have the best on map arty.

i do like it though, but i totally get why people hate it

Well wasn't a mix up of normal playstyle kinda what we all asked for? Isn't it good to have a map where standard open-field builds do not work?
But it isn't that much of a deviation, 4v4s lategame are not uncommonly decided by artillery anyway.
This is a map I can see myself playing once in a while, maybe not everyday. (with more maps available in rotation you won't play the same three maps every damn game.)

As for complaints about not being competitive. It is 4v4! I thought we as a community already had come to the conclusion that 4s, whilst being one of the most popular multiplayer gamemodes, will never be able to stand as competitive. 4s are always a clusterfuck and is mostly played for fun and not all out competition.

Bears, you all know damn well we all have at times tried seeing how much you can break the game in 4v4. Spam stuka, 4 people spam cons. spam schreck volks covered by luftwaffe supply, Osttruppen into spam railway arty on enemy base, everyone spammed Maxims, 4 soviet windustry 3 just going t-34 1 going su-85. I've probably seen us win with SU-76 only in 4v4. There is a long list of horrible broken stuff you can do in 4v4.

So could we maybe applaud the attempt to bring in a map in automatch with a design that goes against the consensus of what an automatch map should look like?
Maybe for no other reason than to give us something new. If it forces you into arty duels well then that is what this map is good for. I hope this continues and we see some other community map in automatch next month.
Some will be bad others good, hopefully all maps will challenge people into figuring out new ways how to play. Adapt as best you can, if this particular map isn't for you then it isn't, veto it and move on.
2 Apr 2015, 15:42 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Troll post invised.

I did request that discussions about maps be kept polite. If you are incapable of polite, reasoned discussion in English, this may not be your thread.
3 Apr 2015, 03:06 AM

Okay seriously what the fuck!?

I mean did the designers of this map want to resserect the Sheldt from whatever dark hell it currently slumbers in?

This map is GARBAGE!

At the one hour mark I couldn't take it anymore and joined my previous 2 allies in quitting.

Nothing but some asshole gloating about how his B4's are all skill and shit.I lost a panther and my tiger ace just crossing the bridge as arty exploded all over hells half acre.

This map belongs out of auto match ASAP.

I feel like this is some kind of permanent April fools joke.
3 Apr 2015, 03:40 AM
Patrion 14

Okay seriously what the fuck!?

I mean did the designers of this map want to resserect the Sheldt from whatever dark hell it currently slumbers in?

This map is GARBAGE!

majority of workshop map players love this map. it is relic who decided to add this map into automatch. please direct your anger appropriately and more maturely.
3 Apr 2015, 04:37 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I appreciate the community map designers. The maps LOOK amazing.

But seriously. What the FUCK.
You can add another map to the Poo-Poo list.

Wolfs lair is easily the most broken map i have ever laid my Micro'ing hands upon. Shooting through concrete bunkers,to the absoulute total lack of flank routes,broken retreat paths,to the vehicles being stuck in base...

Luckily I havent had the apparent misfortune of playing on Sittard yet..but at least that is 3v3 and 4v4.

Like i said I LOVE YOU mapmakers and I know you dont have time to balance your maps flawlessly,but my god Relic....TEST and MODIFY THE MAP IF NEEDED BEFORE THROWING IT INTO COMPETITIVE AUTOMATCH.

Edit Sorry im angry and lost 2 games on community maps in a row,and my gameplay expierence was completely broken. AFTER GOING ON A 9 GAME WINNING STREAK BEFORE GETTING THESE MAPS! AGAIN:I LOVE YOU BACOn,MIRAGe,AND THE OTHERS THAT MAKE THESE SMEXY MAPS!!! I PLAY THEM ALL THE TIME IN CUSTOM GAMES,WHERE MOST OF THEM BELONG!
3 Apr 2015, 04:47 AM
Honorary Member Badge

It's nice for once to get a map that isn't dominated by heavy tanks; that's one reason people don't like it...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★