Login

russian armor

100mm BS-3 AT Gun

12 Mar 2015, 01:35 AM
Patrion 28

i think more factions having more access to some kind of high pen AT options is a good thing but i'm not at all interested in having anything more powerful than the pak43; a clone would work just fine.
12 Mar 2015, 01:53 AM

Personally, I'd find the big red "delete" button and delete the Soviets out of the game and then start of scratch, giving them actually good basic infantry (conscripts in 1943-44 is an insult), getting rid of the cheese (get that M3 out of my sight!), giving them effective AT, actual good lategame tanks (though ones which would come out later that German ones) and the ability to have non-doctrinal tube artillery (the only faction which would be able to)
12 Mar 2015, 03:26 AM

Soviets have everything they need to not be so dependent on call-ins they just are in the wrong place or have stats that don't cover their necessary roles.

They need to swap the t-70 with the SU-76. Then the SU can be changed to give T3 the AT and and indirect it so desperately needs and the T-70 can give T4 the AI it needs as well as scout for the other 2 units in the tier. Then the tiers would be self-reliant and not need doctrines to fill their gaping holes.

They would also need to change penals or switch them with guards so they can get the elite infantry they need without a doctrine as well.

Peter said twice in streams before he left that the reason they haven't dealt with the call-in meta is because the soviets are so reliant on it. So after that's all done all they have to do is slap tier restrictions on call-ins and bye-bye call in meta.
12 Mar 2015, 10:14 AM

Overkill. The soviet AT arsenal are already pretty nice. What would this do to OkW trucks if you could set it up close enough? It would shoot through buildings trees whatever,and then kill the truck in a few hits. I guess they could respond with a stuka.

I want to see the germans feel the pain in team games too,but for the health of the game Idk about this one

It would also have to be in a shitty doctrine knowing relic.

Well that would make sense? Other factions don't get tank-call ins with their Pak43. You may be right about OKW trucks though.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 23:33 PMKatitof

This attitude is a direct result of constant stream of disappointments in new soviet doctrines and units, complete inability to improve weak and never used ones, pretending the problem and the units don't exist as well as complete unwillingness of relic to make SU less dependent on doctrines, enforcing certain playstyles not only to be competitive, but to not loose to worse players just because they have incomparably better tiering and doctrines supplementing their army, not replacing it.

There is also a fair share of bitterness for remaining 3 factions but these need surgical cuts, not heart transplant and months of rehabilitation.

A good balance patch and improvements to what already exists to make it desirable is #1 on my personal list even against the fact that I LOVE new units and seeing how pretty much 100% of new units relic introduced from doctrines are more or less underpowered then basic units doesn't shed any bright light on the faction.

Fortunately, hope dies last and mine still is have a heartbeat.

You're right in general but stuff like KV-1 and M-42 were added just for the sake of recycling them from singleplayer, now that bit is done I have no reason to expect Relic to pick more outdated units to create.

buff soviet thread #5,000,000

im gettin too old for this shit

It's proposed for a doctrine without a call-in.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2015, 01:05 AMRMMLz

True.

For the sake of asymmetric balance, I gonna say no. And besides, I don't think relic is gonna release new content for free, or even new commanders at the moment.

As for a suggestion, I would say it could be a heavy ATG which can be towed by medium armor (T34s), It has lower range, higher ROF but good pen.

That's a nice suggestion but I'm not sure how Relic feels about towed items. It's a bit unprecented.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2015, 01:27 AMkamk
Absolutely no to anything that's basically a copy of another factions item.

Instead of crap like this i'd prefer Relic working on existing commanders & units, and keep soviet gameplay unique.

Or we gonna start topics all day long about stuff that might be cool to have in another faction?

Might do just that, I still think Artillery Field Officer should have always been a Soviet unit instead.

I think what you don't realize is that factions are different in general. Meaning, the units around them are different, what they face are different. They are similar units that would ultimately be different enough. Look at LeFH and ML-20. You wouldn't ask for one of them to be removed for asymmetry.

Moreover Axis still preserves many things as unique to them even after such an addition.
12 Mar 2015, 11:26 AM

Personally, I'd find the big red "delete" button and delete the Soviets out of the game and then start of scratch, giving them actually good basic infantry (conscripts in 1943-44 is an insult), getting rid of the cheese (get that M3 out of my sight!), giving them effective AT, actual good lategame tanks (though ones which would come out later that German ones) and the ability to have non-doctrinal tube artillery (the only faction which would be able to)

+1

The soviet faction is weird as hell and basically made from the narrative of the campaign and just recycled into multiplayer. Hence half of it is from 1941-42 and the rest from 1944-45.
12 Mar 2015, 12:02 PM

Soviets have everything they need to not be so dependent on call-ins they just are in the wrong place or have stats that don't cover their necessary roles.

They need to swap the t-70 with the SU-76. Then the SU can be changed to give T3 the AT and and indirect it so desperately needs and the T-70 can give T4 the AI it needs as well as scout for the other 2 units in the tier. Then the tiers would be self-reliant and not need doctrines to fill their gaping holes.

They would also need to change penals or switch them with guards so they can get the elite infantry they need without a doctrine as well.

Peter said twice in streams before he left that the reason they haven't dealt with the call-in meta is because the soviets are so reliant on it. So after that's all done all they have to do is slap tier restrictions on call-ins and bye-bye call in meta.

man, that sounds cool.
12 Mar 2015, 15:34 PM

i think more factions having more access to some kind of high pen AT options is a good thing but i'm not at all interested in having anything more powerful than the pak43; a clone would work just fine.

Well, sure. I just suggested it in case people would complain about lack of flavor, I didn't suggest more overall DPS but the slider more towards the damage side on the damage vs RoF scale. It probably wouldn't be fair to have a gun that can two-hit kill Panthers anyway.
12 Mar 2015, 15:43 PM

Me thinks you wouldn't want each army unit list to be based entirely off of 43-44, because that would necessitate a pretty big change to the unit list of Ostheer as well.

Honestly you could put 42-43 factions in the game in the form of the Africa front forces and still have it work if you balanced the units right.
12 Mar 2015, 15:57 PM

Me thinks you wouldn't want each army unit list to be based entirely off of 43-44, because that would necessitate a pretty big change to the unit list of Ostheer as well.

Honestly you could put 42-43 factions in the game in the form of the Africa front forces and still have it work if you balanced the units right.

Umm... there would be absolutely no change in the unit list currently.
The Soviet faction as it stands now is a dead ringer for late 1943 offensives to the Dniepr (No T-34-85s or ISs, but SU-85s and SU-76s in plenty). It's kind of something that Relic did kinda well, the units are all right year wise, its too bad they chose a time period where the Germans were getting their heavies in numbers and the Soviets were still trying to get their new hardware off the drawing board (Early version of the T-34-85 were appearing but not in any great numbers).

OH are exactly similar. It's the WFA armies that have put the time frame forward a year.

Arguably, the most balanced time period of all the Eastern Front period (gameplay wise I mean, it'd be the time where I'd set my CoH2 game) is 1942. The Germans are rolling out the PzIVs and StuGs with the long barrelled guns which can punch through T-34s handily, but at the same time the Soviets can do the same thing. The only outlier is the KV-1 but the long barreled guns were already causing problems for it at that point and KV-1S which had lighter armour was also rolling out, which further improved the German's chances. There are no Tigers or anything to really screw up the balance either.
Plus, 1942 is the do or die year for both sides.

Its a shame Relic screwed it all up so much, 1942 has way more options. Afrika and the Far East would both be balanced and effective options because the super heavies aren't there and even then they don't have monster guns or anything like that.
But instead, to please the fanboys (because Axis tanks are only cool in 1945, when their fuel is being siphoned off to run other tanks) they had to go for 1945 and make half the possible factions in the game utterly useless.

12 Mar 2015, 16:12 PM

320 damage not enough, apparently?

And because of "assymetry", no, or else Axis would need Karl-Gerät for B4 counterpart. #Design

Saw an image of the Karl-Gerät - that thing looks DEVASTATING

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdeckarudo%2Fsets%2F72157626213913645%2Fdetail%2F&ei=4LoBVaL4JMOxogTk3oCYAw&psig=AFQjCNGLsWZj3kcSihsxlrElO8ns3VTS2Q&ust=1426262752248017
Neo
12 Mar 2015, 16:27 PM

I like it. Hope they add it.

12 Mar 2015, 16:32 PM

Umm... there would be absolutely no change in the unit list currently.
The Soviet faction as it stands now is a dead ringer for late 1943 offensives to the Dniepr (No T-34-85s or ISs, but SU-85s and SU-76s in plenty). It's kind of something that Relic did kinda well, the units are all right year wise, its too bad they chose a time period where the Germans were getting their heavies in numbers and the Soviets were still trying to get their new hardware off the drawing board (Early version of the T-34-85 were appearing but not in any great numbers).

OH are exactly similar. It's the WFA armies that have put the time frame forward a year.

Arguably, the most balanced time period of all the Eastern Front period (gameplay wise I mean, it'd be the time where I'd set my CoH2 game) is 1942. The Germans are rolling out the PzIVs and StuGs with the long barrelled guns which can punch through T-34s handily, but at the same time the Soviets can do the same thing. The only outlier is the KV-1 but the long barreled guns were already causing problems for it at that point and KV-1S which had lighter armour was also rolling out, which further improved the German's chances. There are no Tigers or anything to really screw up the balance either.
Plus, 1942 is the do or die year for both sides.

Its a shame Relic screwed it all up so much, 1942 has way more options. Afrika and the Far East would both be balanced and effective options because the super heavies aren't there and even then they don't have monster guns or anything like that.
But instead, to please the fanboys (because Axis tanks are only cool in 1945, when their fuel is being siphoned off to run other tanks) they had to go for 1945 and make half the possible factions in the game utterly useless.

There isn't any army in the game based of off 45, and your mostly correct about the 43 time slot, but Soviets have a fair amount of early war units they didn't see much action into early 44 such as the KV1 (as you mentioned) and SU-85, but then Ostheer still has the short barreled call ins in the Command PIV and StuG Ausf E.

Honestly I would be very happy if they made the KV1 call in a commander tank, gave Soviets the regular one as a tier unit, and took out the SU-85 and put in the SU-100.

Also give Ostheer the Jadgpanther as a call in maybe.

And you mentioned conscripts being a joke, but the Soviet Union was using conscripted soldiers right up until the push into Berlin.
12 Mar 2015, 16:41 PM

You're right in general but stuff like KV-1 and M-42 were added just for the sake of recycling them from singleplayer, now that bit is done I have no reason to expect Relic to pick more outdated units to create.

KV-2 proves otherwise.
12 Mar 2015, 16:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2015, 16:41 PMKatitof

KV-2 proves otherwise.

IIRC the KV2 is one of the rarest tanks of the war, only 300 were ever made. So it's inclusion makes about as much sense as any of the other rarer tanks like the Sturmpanzer or Ostwind.
12 Mar 2015, 16:57 PM

IIRC the KV2 is one of the rarest tanks of the war, only 300 were ever made. So it's inclusion makes about as much sense as any of the other rarer tanks like the Sturmpanzer or Ostwind.

300 is still a huge number when compare to 18 Strumtiger or 17 flak truck (which was able to attack ground objects). Even Luchs is damn rare (less than 300).
12 Mar 2015, 17:02 PM

300 is still a huge number when compare to 18 Strumtiger or 17 flak truck (which was able to attack ground objects). Even Luchs is damn rare (less than 300).

So? The bar for a unit being in game is "saw action in the war", not "this many had to be made". If COH2 unit lists were based on how common units were than Ostheer would just be 6 variants of StuG, 2 variants of PIII and 2 variants of PIV's and a Panther/Tiger here or there. Soviets would just be nothing but SU's and T34's with a smattering of KV1's, and maaaaaaaybe a light tank.

This game is built for fun, not realism. No faction should lose fun units because "they were rare".
12 Mar 2015, 17:05 PM

So? The bar for a unit being in game is "saw action in the war", not "this many had to be made". If COH2 unit lists were based on how common units were than Ostheer would just be 6 variants of StuG, 2 variants of PIII and 2 variants of PIV's and a Panther/Tiger here or there. Soviets would just be nothing but SU's and T34's with a smattering of KV1's, and maaaaaaaybe a light tank.

This game is built for fun, not realism. No faction should lose fun units because "they were rare".

Super Pershing saw battle and it would be reall fun unit. Im waiting Relic! :megusta:

And by the way, allies have 4 different Shermans so why Axis cannot have 4 different Stugs?
12 Mar 2015, 17:13 PM

Super Pershing saw battle and it would be reall fun unit. Im waiting Relic! :megusta:

And by the way, allies have 4 different Shermans so why Axis cannot have 4 different Stugs?

The Super Pershing/Pershing saw combat in 45, and the current armies are based on 44. It would be more accurate of you to wish for things like the T-35 or Sherman Jumbo.

And yes Axis SHOULD have more StuG variants and stuff like the Jadgpanther and whatnot. Also it's kind of a joke that USF has the worst Shermans while Soviets have the best :D

(This is actually kind of meta because this was actually the case during the war).
12 Mar 2015, 17:21 PM

Hmm .....
You say that the game is not realistic, and a variety of tanks needed for fun.
But early you said that the Soviet Union and Japan are not for historical reasons.
you decide with its own logic.
12 Mar 2015, 17:24 PM

Hmm .....
You say that the game is not realistic, and a variety of tanks needed for fun.
But early you said that the Soviet Union and Japan are not for historical reasons.
you decide with its own logic.

Because there aren't any units that exist that could make a viable Japanese army, for this game. Play soviets versus USF but you can make nothing but conscripts, 45mm AT guns, and T70's and tell me how much fun you have.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★