Login

russian armor

100mm BS-3 AT Gun

12 Mar 2015, 19:38 PM

Or they could just fix tank hunter doctrine.
At least one ability is useful. That salvage kit can be extremely good if you and your teammates spam tanks. You get like 60 fuel out of each T-34 wreck.
12 Mar 2015, 19:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2015, 19:31 PMBurts
tank buster doctrine

1. Lend lease bazookas - combat engineers can equip 2 bazookas for 120 munitions
2. Anti tank stun mines - same as in the tank hunter doctrine
3. mark vehicle
4. BS-3 anti tank gun
5. IL-2 sturmovik rocket strafe (its in game already)

No doctrinal elite infantry? Pass.
12 Mar 2015, 20:29 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'd rather see it be a slow as hell at gun that you drag around like normal. The shooting through cover stuff relic needs to stay away from.
12 Mar 2015, 20:49 PM

Remove your signature, pls.

Everyone who tries to read the forum on their phones hates you. :spam:

Bye.
12 Mar 2015, 21:16 PM

But trucks do get brutally owned by indirect fire? It's the best counter to OKW. But with OKW your trucks are somewhat durable, a emplacement with a exposed crew, not so much.

Brit vCoH emplacements somehow were a thing, and there was a decent amount of aircraft abilities as well as artillery. Relic can always design special buildings that are tougher to kill and perform as sufficient defenses; Japan when losing was all defense, and with Relic's designing, anything's possible.

Also, since when were slightly armored trucks with soft roofs durable? :P #Relic
12 Mar 2015, 21:28 PM

Brit vCoH emplacements somehow were a thing, and there was a decent amount of aircraft abilities as well as artillery. Relic can always design special buildings that are tougher to kill and perform as sufficient defenses; Japan when losing was all defense, and with Relic's designing, anything's possible.

Also, since when were slightly armored trucks with soft roofs durable? :P #Relic

If Relic can figure it out that I applaud them. I never played vCoH so I don't know how any of the original factions preformed.
Neo
12 Mar 2015, 21:58 PM

Fixed it for you.
12 Mar 2015, 22:29 PM

Bye.

+1

I just have some white holes which I cannot fix if there is a gif on a site.
12 Mar 2015, 22:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2015, 19:38 PMButcher
At least one ability is useful. That salvage kit can be extremely good if you and your teammates spam tanks. You get like 60 fuel out of each T-34 wreck.

I believe merging the PTRS and Grenade Assault into a single ability at CP2 and then filling that slot with the BS-3 would make that doctrine far, far more interesting than it currently is.
12 Mar 2015, 22:45 PM

+1

I just have some white holes which I cannot fix if there is a gif on a site.

I removed the gif!

Fixed it for you.

I could become a rich 18th century dutch trader with all this salt.
12 Mar 2015, 23:49 PM

^ Appreciated. Was just that you post alot, and the gifs made reading threads on a phone really slow / painful.
13 Mar 2015, 00:38 AM

There isn't any army in the game based of off 45, and your mostly correct about the 43 time slot, but Soviets have a fair amount of early war units they didn't see much action into early 44 such as the KV1 (as you mentioned) and SU-85, but then Ostheer still has the short barreled call ins in the Command PIV and StuG Ausf E.

Honestly I would be very happy if they made the KV1 call in a commander tank, gave Soviets the regular one as a tier unit, and took out the SU-85 and put in the SU-100.

Also give Ostheer the Jadgpanther as a call in maybe.

And you mentioned conscripts being a joke, but the Soviet Union was using conscripted soldiers right up until the push into Berlin.

SU-85 was a stop-gap measure to get an 85mm gun onto something to have something with higher penetration than all the 76mm gun armed tanks, so it was most certainly decently numerous late '43.

Of course the Soviets used conscripts, but the Germans did too and the quality of German troops was noticed to be dropping markedly as the fighting in Russia continued, yet they get grenadiers whilst the Soviets, whose infantry was also becoming pretty good, get conscripts.

SU-100 didn't exist until late '44.

OKW is easily a 1945 faction. For a start, all that nightfighting equipment they get (often non-doctrinally) didn't appear until after the Bulge. That alone brings them up to 1945.
13 Mar 2015, 00:50 AM

SU-85 was a stop-gap measure to get an 85mm gun onto something to have something with higher penetration than all the 76mm gun armed tanks, so it was most certainly decently numerous late '43.

Of course the Soviets used conscripts, but the Germans did too and the quality of German troops was noticed to be dropping markedly as the fighting in Russia continued, yet they get grenadiers whilst the Soviets, whose infantry was also becoming pretty good, get conscripts.

SU-100 didn't exist until late '44.

OKW is easily a 1945 faction. For a start, all that nightfighting equipment they get (often non-doctrinally) didn't appear until after the Bulge. That alone brings them up to 1945.

One doctrinal upgrade a 1945 army does not make. And while the SU-85 was numerous in 43' it was being phased out into 44 due to the development of the T34/85, IS2 and ISU152.

And Soviets get conscripts because making guards or shocks your basic unit would be a tad silly, but conscripts are really not that bad versus Ostheer, and when spammed can be quite punishing to the enemy.

If we wanted to be realistic, Oustruppen would be Ostheers main infantry unit, not Grens. But I doubt you think that's a great idea.

But alas, Relic was at least smart enough to not try and go hyper realistic with this game. But the inclusion of the SU-100 as a doctrinal unit would be cool at least, instead of Relic making new Soviet commanders with 42 era shit.

The inclusion of the SU-122 would be interesting as well, give Soviets a nice armored assault gun like the StuG Ausf E with a bigger gun and better armor for breaking up OKW blobs.

13 Mar 2015, 01:26 AM

I think a faction with utterly terrible units on the one hand and elite infantry on the other would be an interesting concept. I'd be all for it. :)
13 Mar 2015, 01:48 AM

I think a faction with utterly terrible units on the one hand and elite infantry on the other would be an interesting concept. I'd be all for it. :)

Oustruppen aren't terrible Keepo

(and neither are cons)
13 Mar 2015, 04:37 AM

so like a German Last stand faction with volksturn and officer units relying heavily of zeal and group buffs?
13 Mar 2015, 05:11 AM

so like a German Last stand faction with volksturn and officer units relying heavily of zeal and group buffs?

Yep :D
13 Mar 2015, 05:14 AM

Yep :D

The blobs must live on MVGame
13 Mar 2015, 05:39 AM

The blobs must live on MVGame

at least if done right the blobs would have a clear weakness being having the SS officers picked off rending the volksturn practically useless!
13 Mar 2015, 06:46 AM

at least if done right the blobs would have a clear weakness being having the SS officers picked off rending the volksturn practically useless!

Snipers4theWin?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS