Login

russian armor

100mm BS-3 AT Gun

11 Mar 2015, 22:14 PM

I believe this would make an excellent Soviet counterpart to the Pak43. Axis generally has heavier armor (especially so if the doctrine that comes with this doesn't get a heavy tank), and this gun could help a lot later in the game.

For stats, I believe it could be identical to Pak43, maybe with less fire rate and more damage for flavor?

The vet 1 ability would probably have to be... Tracking? IDK some fella was making nice threads about Vet 1 ability changes for Soviets, maybe he has an idea.

Opinions? Thoughts?

Oh, and alternatively, we could get the 122mm A-19 field gun. It could switch ammo like ISU-152 and get a lower fire rate than Pak43 but otherwise be the same. HE would probably need to not penetrate world objects though.
11 Mar 2015, 22:30 PM

>Nice thing
>Proposed for soviets

Nah, never gonna happen. Clearly what they need are more tanks straight out of 1940.

Maybe the next commander can come with a T-27?
11 Mar 2015, 22:31 PM

320 damage not enough, apparently?

And because of "assymetry", no, or else Axis would need Karl-Gerät for B4 counterpart. #Design
11 Mar 2015, 22:36 PM

I approve except I'm not interested in it having more damage than Pak43. Rather, I want the Pak43 to do at most 240-300 damage but with 90-100 range.
Considering how fast tanks can be, they should be able to avoid the thing.

This gun, maybe should just be identical to the Pak43 instead.
11 Mar 2015, 22:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 22:36 PMsteel
I approve except I'm not interested in it having more damage than Pak43. Rather, I want the Pak43 to do at most 240-300 damage but with 90-100 range.
Considering how fast tanks can be, they should be able to avoid the thing.

This gun, maybe should just be identical to the Pak43 instead.

I simply suggested it for flavor. It doesn't need to have more range.

But the factions are different enough and similarity here isn't a big issue.

Also 90 range is pretty crazy, I think Pak43 is in a great place right now.
11 Mar 2015, 23:01 PM

PTRD AT rifle with slower ROF then PTRS, more expensive and with wheels attached is more likely given how relic handles new sov units.
11 Mar 2015, 23:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 23:01 PMKatitof
PTRD AT rifle with slower ROF then PTRS, more expensive and with wheels attached is more likely given how relic handles new sov units.

Hey this attitude is not helping.
11 Mar 2015, 23:08 PM

320 damage not enough, apparently?

And because of "assymetry", no, or else Axis would need Karl-Gerät for B4 counterpart. #Design

Oh yes, because Axis needs to have a counterpart to everything that is better.

320 damage is enough, I never suggested more DPS. Was just an idea in case people thought there wasn't much flavor.

Asymmetry is still intact, that doesn't change because Soviets get a unit of similar role. There are many Axis items with no Allied analogue.
11 Mar 2015, 23:11 PM

1944 equipment? Unlikely.

If you sacrifice your firstborn son to Relic, they might throw us a bone with a KV-85/IS-1 or something.
11 Mar 2015, 23:18 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Overkill. The soviet AT arsenal are already pretty nice. What would this do to OkW trucks if you could set it up close enough? It would shoot through buildings trees whatever,and then kill the truck in a few hits. I guess they could respond with a stuka.

I want to see the germans feel the pain in team games too,but for the health of the game Idk about this one

It would also have to be in a shitty doctrine knowing relic.
11 Mar 2015, 23:33 PM

This attitude is a direct result of constant stream of disappointments in new soviet doctrines and units, complete inability to improve weak and never used ones, pretending the problem and the units don't exist as well as complete unwillingness of relic to make SU less dependent on doctrines, enforcing certain playstyles not only to be competitive, but to not loose to worse players just because they have incomparably better tiering and doctrines supplementing their army, not replacing it.

There is also a fair share of bitterness for remaining 3 factions but these need surgical cuts, not heart transplant and months of rehabilitation.

A good balance patch and improvements to what already exists to make it desirable is #1 on my personal list even against the fact that I LOVE new units and seeing how pretty much 100% of new units relic introduced from doctrines are more or less underpowered then basic units doesn't shed any bright light on the faction.

Fortunately, hope dies last and mine still is have a heartbeat.
11 Mar 2015, 23:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 23:33 PMKatitof

This attitude is a direct result of constant stream of disappointments in new soviet doctrines and units, complete inability to improve weak and never used ones, pretending the problem and the units don't exist as well as complete unwillingness of relic to make SU less dependent on doctrines, enforcing certain playstyles not only to be competitive, but to not loose to worse players just because they have incomparably better tiering and doctrines supplementing their army, not replacing it.

There is also a fair share of bitterness for remaining 3 factions but these need surgical cuts, not heart transplant and months of rehabilitation.

A good balance patch and improvements to what already exists to make it desirable is #1 on my personal list even against the fact that I LOVE new units and seeing how pretty much 100% of new units relic introduced from doctrines are more or less underpowered then basic units doesn't shed any bright light on the faction.

Fortunately, hope dies last and mine still is have a heartbeat.

That's the issue tho, to make Soviets less reliant on commanders would require a total revamp not only of the commanders but the entire faction which isn't something Relic are going to do.
11 Mar 2015, 23:40 PM

Permanently Banned
buff soviet thread #5,000,000

im gettin too old for this shit
11 Mar 2015, 23:41 PM

buff soviet thread #5,000,000

im gettin too old for this shit

Yep, Soviets are in a good place, good early - mid - and late game, but are poorly designed so they remain aggravating.
12 Mar 2015, 01:05 AM

True.

For the sake of asymmetric balance, I gonna say no. And besides, I don't think relic is gonna release new content for free, or even new commanders at the moment.

As for a suggestion, I would say it could be a heavy ATG which can be towed by medium armor (T34s), It has lower range, higher ROF but good pen.
12 Mar 2015, 01:08 AM

That's the issue tho, to make Soviets less reliant on commanders would require a total revamp not only of the commanders but the entire faction which isn't something Relic are going to do.
Such exaggerations. They need like two units swapped and a few buffs. These total revamps you keep crying about are never going to happen, nor should they. Need I remind you about the "revamp" you proposed and how well that thread went.
12 Mar 2015, 01:20 AM

Such exaggerations. They need like two units swapped and a few buffs. These total revamps you keep crying about are never going to happen, nor should they. Need I remind you about the "revamp" you proposed and how well that thread went.

Stop being so vague, what do you think being buffed is going to make Soviets less reliant on commanders when being reliant on commanders is baked into the design of the faction?

Buffing the SU-76 is a good idea, is it going to stop call in meta? Nope, buffing t3 is a good idea! Is it going to stop call in meta? Nope.
12 Mar 2015, 01:20 AM

Don't wanna go off-topic, but that's pretty much what they need. Some teching tweaks, maybe units swaps and balance tweaks. Except OKW, all other faction need only small tweaks. OKW on the other hands, needs some basic changes regarding their line infantry, but no drastic changes are needed.

Total redesigns are not gonna happen. Period.
12 Mar 2015, 01:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2015, 01:20 AMRMMLz

Don't wanna go off-topic, but that's pretty much what they need. Some teching tweaks, maybe units swaps and balance tweaks. Except OKW, all other faction need only small tweaks. OKW on the other hands, needs some basic changes regarding their line infantry, but no drastic changes are needed.

Total redesigns are not gonna happen. Period.

This is exactly what I said and he still disagreed with me, so go figure.
12 Mar 2015, 01:27 AM
Donator 11

Absolutely no to anything that's basically a copy of another factions item.

Instead of crap like this i'd prefer Relic working on existing commanders & units, and keep soviet gameplay unique.

Or we gonna start topics all day long about stuff that might be cool to have in another faction?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 75
unknown 26
unknown 0
United States 21
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L