Login

russian armor

ostheer CAS overperforming.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
10 Mar 2015, 19:42 PM

The loitering CAS is fairly powerful (and better than the P47 when it decides to shoot a tanks instead of passing seagulls!) but the CAS doctrine is countered by you know...

Moving

The most powerful part of CAS is the fuel to munitions which lets you spam LMG's/bunkers/minefields. Coating the map in mines and bunkers can really fuck your opponent over when he needs to always have an AT gun or tank with him in order to cap a point. But it's still a trade off, with you obviously not having fuel for tanks if you spam it to much.

It's a gimmick doctrine, much like Oustruppen, except easier to use.
10 Mar 2015, 20:28 PM
Senior Caster Badge

It's the best option for take down though really, not perfect but it does work. I'm not sure that the AA in the game needs fixing if i'm honest, but CAS maybe needs balance in the form of ability costs, that's all
10 Mar 2015, 20:39 PM

just change out the fuel to ammo transfer with the supply drop from the other OST air commander, problem solved.
10 Mar 2015, 20:53 PM

just change out the fuel to ammo transfer with the supply drop from the other OST air commander, problem solved.

That's not a bad idea. Adds some risk to spamming muni over and over. Not sure if the manpower cost on supply drop will work with this commander though.
11 Mar 2015, 00:43 AM

Fuel transfer moved to 4cp
Fuel transfer gives less muni (does it give 150? If so, reduce to 120).

Transfers shouldn't ever be so efficient imo.
11 Mar 2015, 03:19 AM

USF > AA Halftrack > Vet 1 ability > Anti Aircraft mode = CAS useless

This isn't true. I thought so for the longest time but the anti-armor run starts firing off map, the AA truck does not have an opportunity to kill it before the plane fires. It only takes 4 shots for the AA HT to die. The Soviet AA HT doesn't stand a chance period.
11 Mar 2015, 03:45 AM

Permanently Banned
USF > AA Halftrack > Vet 1 ability > Anti Aircraft mode = CAS useless

AT strake will kill half track

Did i mention it CANT move while its on its ability? :snfPeter:
11 Mar 2015, 08:56 AM

My only three problems with CAS are that I got it like a week prior to the event and thus I really wish they would just have made different commanders. Like a Soviet CAS commander and a German Advanced Warfare commander instead of being lazy like they were.

Which brings me to my other point, Advanced Warfare's pathetic strafe isn't 1/3rd as usable and it might as well deal no damage. Which is clearly not the case for the CAS powers.

And finally, Axis gets all the cool and viable new playstyles and gimmicks, while Soviets depend on call-ins every time. I don't think that is fair, nor that certain things like the CAS commander, far superior TD that can cloak, Artillery Field Officer and the better medium generalist are Axis things in the first place. Or the far superior midgame infantry blobs that OKW has, but that's derailing the thread so I won't go there.
11 Mar 2015, 09:40 AM

Well CAS for OH is pretty historically accurate. The 1944 German armies were famous for having air superiority, which is why they get so many doctrines with airstrikes and a commander dedicated to spamming infinite numbers of airstrikes.
11 Mar 2015, 10:37 AM

This game hasn't been design for Air strategies... At the beginning it was for reco + strafing/bombing runs working like a faster arty.

It has always been a problem to balance the strafing run till they finally implement a system taking account covers.

But Relic, the only company that doesn't learn from his past experiences, decided to do it again and convert the strafing run into an AT strafing run, more powerful, no cover, ripe out all kind of units etc...
11 Mar 2015, 11:47 AM

There should be like an "air superiority" ability that lasts for a couple of minutes and doesn't let the enemy use any air callins :D
11 Mar 2015, 11:50 AM

My only three problems with CAS are that I got it like a week prior to the event and thus I really wish they would just have made different commanders. Like a Soviet CAS commander and a German Advanced Warfare commander instead of being lazy like they were.

Apparently its too hard to give soviets air support commander despite the fact that sturmoviks were wrecking havoc on the axis units all the way to berlin with all types of different bombs and gun fire.
And ostheer default weapon upgrades and T4 is advanced warfare already, axis got 44-45 stuff for their late game while allies use mainly early war units(excluding USF which have pretty standard equipment).
11 Mar 2015, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 11:50 AMKatitof

Apparently its too hard to give soviets air support commander despite the fact that sturmoviks were wrecking havoc on the axis units all the way to berlin with all types of different bombs and gun fire.
And ostheer default weapon upgrades and T4 is advanced warfare already, axis got 44-45 stuff for their late game while allies use mainly early war units(excluding USF which have pretty standard equipment).
How about Ancient Warfare Doctrine for the Germans. Just to mix things up a bit. If advanced equipments appear everywhere in OKW, how about some ancient stuff? :snfBarton:
11 Mar 2015, 12:08 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 11:50 AMKatitof

imagine of soviets had an anti-air intercept run.

Where La-7's came to counter Axis air units

11 Mar 2015, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 11:53 AMsteel
How about Ancient Warfare Doctrine for the Germans. Just to mix things up a bit. If advanced equipments appear everywhere in OKW, how about some ancient stuff? :snfBarton:

PI call-in, thin armor, slow movement, greyhound potency main gun :snfPeter:

If done by relic and for soviets, it would probably end up being Polikarpow I-153 Czajka :) if we are to follow M-42, KV-1 and PTRS al being doctrinal theme :foreveralone:
11 Mar 2015, 12:26 PM

I was saying about something similar for a quite long.
Ability for 100-150 to load a figther which will hunt down any plane that shows up. Little risky cause you dont know if you will kill cheap recon or expensive strafe.
11 Mar 2015, 12:29 PM

I repeat my statement from some pages ago.

I love CAS because it offers a playstyle that hasn't been in CoH2 before.
Sure, I have no tanks, but I usually get 2-3 Shreck PzGrens, a mortar, 1-2 MG42, 3 Grens and sometimes even a Sniper. Microed well and in good cover it is a very strong army.

JUST MY OPINION but I think many players complaining about CAS jsut complain because they can't A-move their blobs and kill everything in sight.

Move your units away from each other, seek some cover and dodge the planes. That's it.
There is no CAS ability that can't be dodged. AI strafe is pretty hard to dodge that's true.
But the AT strafe? Guys, there is smoke, you can see the airplane offmap about 2-5 seconds before it will even start shooting, your units scream something like "AIRPLAAAAANE!!!" and everything is over when you move your tanks away for some meters, which takes about one second.

Don't blob, move your units away from each other and move when you hear an airplane.
Your biggest advantage is heavy armour, use it.

The thing is that you have a blob that can a move and kill everything in sight.
11 Mar 2015, 13:11 PM

Oh look a whole gaggle of allied fanboys complaining about ostheer stuff that is actually working as intended.
11 Mar 2015, 13:18 PM

In 4vs4, this is one of the best commander to have on your team as AXIS. It will counter all US tanks and cannot be shot by AA track.(Rarely)

What's broken is that it come too often, so often that it has to become your main focus if you want to keep some units alive. So you cannot do much of anything left.

Thanks
11 Mar 2015, 13:19 PM

Allied cannot bring anything to compete with german late war technology. If you are showing me this, I'm going to show you this little fellow:

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 40
unknown 29
Poland 14
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W