Login

russian armor

In Game Store???

PAGES (12)down
25 Feb 2015, 13:21 PM

Why is everyone so sure it's going f2p. An in-game store and currency system doesn't mean it's f2p.
25 Feb 2015, 13:35 PM

HA ... ya .. it probably means ... pay and PAY MORE.
25 Feb 2015, 13:36 PM
Coder Red Badge

It's literally CoHO all over again.
25 Feb 2015, 13:47 PM

Maybe we get cool hats like those TF2 players got back then.
However this game would definitely benefit from a larger player base:

+more patches
+more balanced match ups
+more content
+bigger community
+seal clubbing for about a month when f2p really gets introduced
+daily wtf balance threads instead of weekly ones.

Relic moreover proved that they don't shit over the loyal community members, we are the people who kept them alive at all.

Inb4 any pessimistic post that denies it.
25 Feb 2015, 13:49 PM

This game was near perfection a few months before WFA got released, montly balance patches, near bug extinction, then suddenly we got a stop on those, instead we got.... ardennes assault and two broken factions.
25 Feb 2015, 13:52 PM
Coder Red Badge

Well, if they do the in-game store thing and go with a system like they had in CoHO, the good news is you'll be able to get everything in it for free if you save up enough supply. The bad news is you won't be able to use all of the best items/commanders/whatever every single game unless you pay for supply, because you won't gain enough supply from playing to be able to repair all of the top-level items.
25 Feb 2015, 13:56 PM

where did it all go so wrong ;__;
25 Feb 2015, 13:57 PM
Donator 11

#MIRAGELEAKs

Also I called that its gonna go f2p
25 Feb 2015, 14:01 PM
Patrion 14

was COHO store mechanic good?
25 Feb 2015, 14:05 PM

game is going f2p, without a doubt

i wonder what customers like myself (who spent 120$ AUD on this game) will get

A game with all the DLC you got for how many hours have you played already since 2 years early if you haven't noticed yet.

And I wouldn't say anythings going f2p before its officially announced.
Its not like there aren't buy to play games with in game stores already *cough*Guild wars*cough*
I'd rather see a balance patch we've been promised since months ago.
25 Feb 2015, 14:10 PM

Sales are one thing, giving away a game after loyal fans were screwed by the most worthless CE of all time is another. They still need to do something to comp the people that paid $40 extra for $5 worth of content. You hardly ever see a paid game go f2p, but giving something as a thank you to the people that actually paid money for it is just common courtesy.

Be honest: is there really any difference in why people pay less than you? ;)
If you still think there is a substantial difference: would a Steam sale with 1$ for CoH2 be fine for you? I mean - in this case it is not free, but just a sale ;)

Disappointing content of the CE is annoying, I understand that, but it has nothing to do with this.
25 Feb 2015, 14:13 PM

Wait, are there still people expecting something more then vanity out of CE editions in these times?
25 Feb 2015, 14:13 PM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 14:01 PMpigsoup

Depends on your perspective. If you were a casual player it was great, you could get everything for free eventually. If you were a competitive player it was shit, you couldn't use the best stuff every game unless you paid money for supply because you didn't get enough free supply to be able to constantly repair the good stuff.

It was like, you'd get 2000 free supply on average after every game. That was enough to ensure you could use, say, common and uncommon items every game (in CoHO those were things like intel bulletins and hero units, in CoH2 it'll likely be bulletins and commander abilities, though we don't know yet). However, the most effective items were rare and extremely rare, and they cost more to repair. Therefore, if you wanted to consistently use those rarer, better items, you had to purchase supply from the store. If you didn't purchase supply, you would have to cycle out rare items with less rare ones some games until you saved up enough supply to repair the better items.

This was a big problem in tournaments, because you were obviously playing a lot of games in quick succession and wanted to be able to use the best stuff every game, which was difficult without paying because items would last around 5 games before they broke and couldn't be used until they got repaired.

Ultimately, it was great for your average player because everything was available for a price (there might have been drop-only items, I can't remember) and you had something to constantly work toward, but it was pretty awful for anyone trying to compete because if you didn't pay money and your opponent did you would often be at an item disadvantage.
25 Feb 2015, 14:23 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 14:01 PMpigsoup

The functionality of the store itself was good.
But the system as a whole seemed rather moronic as there was nothing to spend your money on.

You got a good amount of supply after you had won a match and still a fair amount of supply if you lost.

As i remember it there was absolutely no need to actually buy anything ever. The items/units themselve could not be bought but dropped randomly after games. You gained more supply from playing than you ever needed. For some strange reasons (probably liquor) i bought 10e worth of ingame credits at one point. When the game got cancelled a couple of weeks later i still had not spent a dime.

25 Feb 2015, 14:31 PM
Coder Red Badge

You could buy everything from the store actually, except for a few specifically drop-only items if I recall correctly.

You also couldn't consistently use rare bulletins/units unless you paid for supply because you couldn't afford to repair them all with the supply you got after games. If you saved up a decent supply bank you could go for a while, but you would be spending more than you were receiving and eventually you would run out.
25 Feb 2015, 14:39 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 14:31 PMInverse
You could buy everything from the store actually, except for a few specifically drop-only items if I recall correctly.

i might remember it wrong then though i am pretty sure about what wrote about me seeing no use spending the supply i bought for 10 bucks.

my guess would be that it would go something like this if such a system would be established in coh2:

over the first couple of weeks nobody needs to worry because prices will be low and there will be plenty of promotional "double supply weekends".

after that prices will go up and you will have to leave your pink tiger at home every other match. If you want to field the pink tiger in every multiplayer match you will either have to play a couple of scirmishes now and then to grind some supply or you will have to spend a couple of bucks.
25 Feb 2015, 14:39 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Coh Online - the horror... the horror...
25 Feb 2015, 14:41 PM
Patrion 14

that's awful. no commanders and their abilities should be limited
25 Feb 2015, 14:43 PM

I support this. Maybe more players will start appreciating beautiful doctrines like Festung Support and Festung Armor, while building the doctrine of their dreams. It also means Relic would have a horse in the race and an actual reason to keep the game going.
25 Feb 2015, 14:49 PM

It's great news !

But, here are the minimal conditions i see for it to succeed:

-Keep the game balanced and as much bug free possible.

-In game supply can be used to buy everything and it's acquisition must come from normal gameplay without the need to do heavy grinding.

-Spending money must not be an obligation to play the game to stay competitive, but rather be an «act of love» to support someone's favorite game. (Love money marketing's concept)

-The money «needed» to support the game for a year of play must stay within the price of a average new game. (Around 20-30 CAD$ ) with that you should have «nearly» everything you want.

-The money would be spent to supply our «favorite pet units» or to speed up new units acquisition. But nothing to be more competitive, only to increase gameplay's flavor and variety.

With those requirements fulfill, i will play more then ever !!!!!

Long live to New COHO, sorry i mean COH2 the king of all team RTS !

PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS