Login

russian armor

Stormtroopers

21 Feb 2015, 21:53 PM

I like hipster units.

I consider them to be hipster as i very rarely see them being used.

What is the difference when comparing them to PG's?

Stats are very appreciated.
21 Feb 2015, 21:58 PM

Boils down to pretty much PGs being deffensive and storms offensive, that is reflected with vet bonuses, storms ability with STG44, being able to move in stealth and being cheaper to reinforce, while PGs have more cost effective shrecks, rec acc modifier and better defensive scaling.

Weapons have exactly same stats, it all comes down to the use(and the fact that you need munis to give sturms stg44).
21 Feb 2015, 22:56 PM

they are just weak.

THey lost to regular gren. I checked. (yes Wehrm Gren vs Wherm Stomrtr)
22 Feb 2015, 00:03 AM

I like hipster units.

I consider them to be hipster as i very rarely see them being used.

What is the difference when comparing them to PG's?

Stats are very appreciated.

They use the same Kar 98 file as Grenadiers and upgrade to the same StG as Panzergrenadiers. I don't know if they get the lower received accuracy bonus that Grenadiers benefit from, so they might be slightly worse. I've also heard once that Grens have increased accuracy but I cannot confirm, but if they do it's another thing Storms may lack.
22 Feb 2015, 01:15 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Storms have the best received accuracy bonuses of any ostheer unit in-game at 0.75, iirc. In comparison grenadiers have 0.91 and pgrens 0.87. So in their stock state they are grenadiers with slightly higher reinforce (33) and slightly higher survivability, with cloak and regular nades instead of the riflegrenade. After they get their STG44s, they become a superior pgren squad, being more survivable, with a bunch of useful abilities, for significantly cheaper reinforce cost.

Shreck isn't worth it I think, they can't kill anything on wheels with just one shreck and can't beat squads with three rifles either, and for 340MP they aren't spammable like volks to make up for it.
22 Feb 2015, 01:58 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

PG changed to 0.8 on the september patch. Did they change it back?
1 May 2015, 16:33 PM

Any opinions on this unit?

I see them as very muni costly for the benefits, so they are very much a later game or unit to get when time is of the essence.
1 May 2015, 16:37 PM
Patrion 14

High risk for when you are playing for a fast T1 - T3 transition and have fuel control. Quick and dirty AT.

Better versus Americans.

Of course I am a large-game scrub but I can imagine it being pretty situational for 1 v 1. I've used them in 2 v 2 as described but like I say, very risky.
1 May 2015, 17:07 PM

High risk for when you are playing for a fast T1 - T3 transition and have fuel control. Quick and dirty AT.

Better versus Americans.

Of course I am a large-game scrub but I can imagine it being pretty situational for 1 v 1. I've used them in 2 v 2 as described but like I say, very risky.

I don't have this commander but tried it when it was free. Try skipping T2 and go for fast T3 as you said, you can get T2 if you want it later. Instead of calling them in behind enemy lines call them in with your own units as they move up through a city center. That way you can ignore queuing up time and having PG's have to walk to the front.

The real purpose of this commander is to get to Close the Pocket. I find Sturms are ok, but giving up all sorts of abilities just for one arty ability too extreme.

The Shreks are ok, but definitely get the STG's and have them hold fire until you need them. Try having them sit in a lightly guarded vp to punish lone capping squads.
1 May 2015, 17:15 PM

Too little too late, too expensive. They might be viable in multilayer matches though.
1 May 2015, 18:27 PM

Too little too late, too expensive. They might be viable in multilayer matches though.

da fuck?
1 May 2015, 18:31 PM

if only these guys were with a better commander
1 May 2015, 18:42 PM

if only these guys were with a better commander

Like a Tiger commander!
1 May 2015, 18:47 PM

Honestly, the commander is great. Its hard to use and you really need to plan things out. But jager light inftry really fits the profile better. Imo. You need like a skirmisher unit with this doctrine. Its a great idea that they implemented.

I would like to see the stormtroopers with a single g43 and five guys. Upgrade to shrecks or quadruple g43.

Or just jager light inftry.
1 May 2015, 18:52 PM

Like a Tiger commander!

that WOULD make it instantly playable, but anything better than break supply line or breakthrough.
1 May 2015, 20:55 PM

Permanently Banned
They are bad. Same kar98k stats as grenadier but cost 340 manpower. Camo in cover doesn't make a real difference. Received accuracy is .87 compared to panzergrens .80. Stg upgrade is overpriced at 100 munitions and they only give them the stats of pgrens.

Overall their only benefits are: decent abiltiies, situational, but definitely useful. Can spawn from buildings.

Cons out weigh benfits.
Cons are: Overpriced upgrades. Lower received accuracy than pgrens, same kar98 dps as grens.

Possible buffs:

Change stg44 damage profile to IR stg profile without the cover negating bonus, and dps distributed to 4 guns rather than 2.

Give ober ka98k profile over gren.

Increase cost from 340 to 360.

Give received accuracy modifier of .80

Vet 3 bonus makes camo in cover behave like ambush camouflage from jaeger light inf doctrine.
1 May 2015, 21:13 PM

Received accuracy is .87 compared to panzergrens .80

Storms have the best received accuracy bonuses of any ostheer unit in-game at 0.75, iirc. In comparison grenadiers have 0.91 and pgrens 0.87

wait, which is it? also can someone explain exactly what this stat does? I'm assuming an opponent's accuracy is multiplied by this number and thus a lower number is better (for the unit getting targeted) but i'm not sure.

1 May 2015, 21:55 PM
Patrion 28

1 May 2015, 23:08 PM

Permanently Banned

wait, which is it?

I would fact check if I could. But it is for certain that panzergrenadiers have .80 received acc. .87 is what it used to be but was changed.

As of september 9th 2014: Received accuracy modifier from 0.87 to 0.8
1 May 2015, 23:20 PM

I think this commander is heavy muni based but I love to use Stormtroopers!! 5 storms 2 with STG and 3 with Schreks!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★