Login

russian armor

The Jackson TD desperately needs smoke dischargers.

16 Feb 2015, 23:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 23:12 PMPorygon
Only noobs think this OP bullshit sucks.

TD having spotters themselves is the most insulting bullshit to competitive RTS.

I could say the same about self-spotting Panthers :snfCHVGame:
16 Feb 2015, 23:39 PM

The only Panther in the game that can self spot with out upgrades is the Command Panther. And the Panther isn't a TD, it's a Tank Hunter.
16 Feb 2015, 23:41 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 23:34 PMPorygon

Flank a speedy, turreted TD, Sir, you high?

I got some news for you, coh2 was supposed to be a game of flanking, but axis players dont bother to flank becouse they dont need to. Just charge frontally, do damage, get back, repair and repeat. Pather getting away with main gun crit is the meta.
16 Feb 2015, 23:43 PM
Donator 11

The only Panther in the game that can self spot with out upgrades is the Command Panther. And the Panther isn't a TD, it's a Tank Hunter.

Tank what?
17 Feb 2015, 00:32 AM

If you dont destroy 260 Fuel worth of Shermans they will do the same as a KT. Not sure what your getting at. Heavies make Mediums not viable. Similar to how the Jackson makes Ostheers T3 not AS viable or desirable considering they have a heavy option.

The Jackson comparison stands on the AT level. Why would you bother to go Medium if you knew it was voluntarily putting yourself on the backfoot? I sure as hell wouldnt. Give me a Tiger clone as the USF that I can stall for! I would pick it 9/10 times.

I'm saying p4 - jackson matchsup is NOTHING like a KT - sherman matchup..jackson keeps tanks at bay. KT ends the game if you dont immediatly have something to deal with it.

A nice viable counter to a jackson is simply to not even use your p4 on the frontlines and just wait for the jackson to die. The jackson is a huge risk because if theres no armor to shoot at its wasted resources.

the KT is good against all targets, it doesnt have to wait for its prey to appear, and you cant just opt to build units that the KT isnt good against like you can when going against the jackson.
17 Feb 2015, 00:37 AM

Tank what?

A Tank Destroyer is a tank mainly focused around fighting enemy armor with support. Tank Hunters are highly mobile turreted tanks built for killing enemy tanks one on one. The T34/85 for example is a Tank Hunter.
17 Feb 2015, 01:15 AM

It's still 4 more options for sight range than Americans get. Also shouldn't a "Tank Destroyer" get the first blow as a vehicle meant to snipe tanks, rather than the "Tank Hunter" which is meant to chase them down? You're own explanation is flawed for that reason.

I'm not saying the Panther should be nerfed, but one of the most mobile and durable tank-killers in the game also has more options to increase it's sight than a fragile tank-destroyer which IRL was the one with good sight.
17 Feb 2015, 01:34 AM

It's still 4 more options for sight range than Americans get. Also shouldn't a "Tank Destroyer" get the first blow as a vehicle meant to snipe tanks, rather than the "Tank Hunter" which is meant to chase them down? You're own explanation is flawed for that reason.

I'm not saying the Panther should be nerfed, but one of the most mobile and durable tank-killers in the game also has more options to increase it's sight than a fragile tank-destroyer which IRL was the one with good sight.

Self sighting TD's in COH2 are seen as fine in some cases, for example the Elefant and SU-85, because both are not highly mobile. The reason the Jackson being able to self sight is silly is because it already has such a number of advantages over the other TD's in the game in mobility. I would be fine with it being able to sight for itself if it had to slow down or it took more damage while "sighting", but it being able to have excellent sight with out giving something up is bad form.

I'm fully in favor of giving more upgrades to all factions to increase variety, when WFA was first being announced I was hoping USF would have the option to hull down tanks as tank crews often covered their tanks in sandbags and what not.

The issue at the moment however, is not that the Jackson cannot see as far as it can shoot, rather it's that it has made all non-heavy tanks useless.
17 Feb 2015, 02:06 AM

I got some news for you, coh2 was supposed to be a game of flanking, but axis players dont bother to flank becouse they dont need to. Just charge frontally, do damage, get back, repair and repeat. Pather getting away with main gun crit is the meta.

News hur? Shoo away.
I played like more 3000+ COH1 games since 2009, only US paper-like armour and Wehr Puma can do this "flanking" effectively. Germans armour was slow and can never do a good "flank" unless they pop Blitzkrieg, but anyway Allies tin can can be penetrate from front, who bothers to flank? :mellow:

Now in COH2 USF can got their paper thin armour but able to stand ground against those big catz frontally if you have skill to handles those TD. And now you try to teach me a lecture of flank?
Neo
17 Feb 2015, 02:21 AM

This is yet another in a serious of ridiculous polls.

What's next? "Obersoldaten desperately need jetpacks and kevlar! Plx vote now!"
17 Feb 2015, 03:44 AM

26 people said Jackson "OP as fuck" 4Head no words ... but what answers did u expected since it's 90/10 axis / allies ratio almost all the time .. however .. they could at least fix it's god damn pathfinding so it doesn't do 360 rotations when it's in deep shit .. defensive smoke is a dream .. though it would make sense considering it's armor is made out of cardboard
17 Feb 2015, 03:47 AM
Benefactor 115

I don't really think the Jackson needs a buff. Heavies need a nerf though or a redistribution of stats. (less armour, more HP) you could increase their target size which makes them easier to hit.
17 Feb 2015, 03:54 AM

A Tank Destroyer is a tank mainly focused around fighting enemy armor with support. Tank Hunters are highly mobile turreted tanks built for killing enemy tanks one on one. The T34/85 for example is a Tank Hunter.

btw- all tanks that arent tank destroyers are basically tank hunters, except maybe the luchs..
17 Feb 2015, 05:53 AM

btw- all tanks that arent tank destroyers are basically tank hunters, except maybe the luchs..

Eh, not in game. The T series is far more generalist and the Sherman is just a glorified support weapons platform, same goes for the heavies. The Panther is really the only Tank Hunter in the game in function.
17 Feb 2015, 08:00 AM

I voted for "Other Ideas" because none of the proposed ones will solve its issue I guess.

Health increase, that's the key. Rising it's DPS or RPM or penetration would make it to powerfull against ostheer T3. Increasing it's survivability will be the best way.
17 Feb 2015, 08:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 17:37 PMKatitof

You've got something confused.
Puma is dirt cheap tank destroyer.
StuG is dirt cheap.
M10 is dirt cheap.
Jackson costs as much as best stock medium tank and I haven't seen you boasting about P4 being dirt cheap.

Puma pathetic 80 penetration and 320 health.Killed in 2 shots.
Also 50 range and not monstrous 240 dmg like jackson.Comparison is wholly delusional.If it was a lategame viable machine you would see pumas,u don't coz they can't compete past midgame without superb micro and babysitting.
Both stug and m10 are shit as well.
We know very well what happens when pz 4 meets jackson -3 shot gone.first shot out of sight,second one trying to close or flee.Third shot either u escaped or died after getting a shot off maybe.P4 extinct due to jackson and call-ins.
17 Feb 2015, 08:27 AM

Permanently Banned

You are being intentionally misleading.

The puma fights vehicles with less armor and HP than axis tanks

The only time ive seen a puma shot bounce was off of an EZ8 and IS2
17 Feb 2015, 08:46 AM

First of all, I have no idea why Jackson is so fragile because it had very good armor, better than Pz4.

• Damage from 240 to 160
  • Armor from 130 to 190
  • Penetration from 200/180/160 to 260/230/200
  • Cost from 350/125 to 360/140
  • HP from 480 to 640
  • Reload from 7.25 to 6.50

Or give it this damn smoke.
17 Feb 2015, 09:14 AM

First of all, I have no idea why Jackson is so fragile because it had very good armor, better than Pz4.

• Damage from 240 to 160
  • Armor from 130 to 190
  • Penetration from 200/180/160 to 260/230/200
  • Cost from 350/125 to 360/140
  • HP from 480 to 640
  • Reload from 7.25 to 6.50

Or give it this damn smoke.

150 fuel and ur on.Can't have all that AND 60 range.Or u can have above at 140 fuel but 50 range.
17 Feb 2015, 09:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 23:24 PMPorygon

I didn't defend this, Elefant, SU85, Zis, 57mm, are all like that, nubs friendly.

Zis? You for real?
You sure you have used it in the last... 8 months, because its pretty much that long since its vet ability was hard nerfed to be pretty much only infantry detection?

Learn stuff before posting.
This line alone completely discredits rest of your post as you simply have no clue what you are talking about.
For such a hardcore axis player one would expect you would know basic stats of units.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★