Login

russian armor

sWS Supply HT speed reduction

PAGES (8)down
10 Feb 2015, 20:12 PM

You have to show me a replay where a scout car can push 4-5 squads and survive. Pushing 1-2 squads I am fine with it because it requires micro and risk for "unexpected elements" such as fast Puma or other squads coming from distance, not to mention limiting micro for capping.

The underlying point is, OKW player has it easy with a free truck pushing with kubel and sturm combo to outright win through clutch play.

A scout car can't but a M5 can. And you shouldn't be able to push 1-2 squads with an M3 either because it makes no sense as a game mechanic, and can entirely negate enemy infantry for very low cost.

Why should a scout car be able to kill pgrens because it can just push them around despite pgrens being a perfect anti-armor counter? Not to mention how easy it is to kill a gren squad before they fire their faust, or after they do.
10 Feb 2015, 20:19 PM

A scout car can't but a M5 can. And you shouldn't be able to push 1-2 squads with an M3 either because it makes no sense as a game mechanic, and can entirely negate enemy infantry for very low cost.

Why should a scout car be able to kill pgrens because it can just push them around despite pgrens being a perfect anti-armor counter? Not to mention how easy it is to kill a gren squad before they fire their faust, or after they do.

Here Ill just save you many posts:

I Alexandvar think its perfectly ok for the SWS to push and win early engagements. Negating the value and need for a strong allied early game in certain situations with no real economic risk for OKW while doing so.Unless of course the units that have risk and cost cannot do so either. There!

10 Feb 2015, 20:20 PM

It just needs to be very, very vulnerable for small fire and gets normal durability while converting.

Truck pushing out of cover, suppress by Kubel, wiped by Stormpio - GG.

This.
10 Feb 2015, 20:27 PM

I Alexandvar think its perfectly ok for the SWS to push and win early engagements. Negating the value and need for a strong allied early game in certain situations with no real economic risk for OKW while doing so.Unless of course the units that have risk and cost cannot do so either. There!

pretty much.
10 Feb 2015, 20:33 PM

The point I was trying to make (as other users in this thread have pointed out) is that the truck comes out at the start of the match, and can impact the gameplay in ways that I'm pretty sure Relic never intended it to.

Regardless about your feelings about pushing for other units like SCs, HTs, etc. pushing with the sWS HT should be fixed regardless of whether other units have this "ability" removed or not as it was not intended by Relic to be a front line unit pushing around an enemies infantry to gain an advantage.

I've played about 7 matches so far, mostly 3v3 and 2v2 in which an OKW player used the sWS to push units at the very start of the match. 5 out of those 7 times I was unable to defeat the truck before it pulled back for repairs.

It can be countered if you do it right and the OKW player isn't that good at the strategy, and destroying the truck means the OKW player is very much delayed and gives the allied player a tremendous advantage for a few minutes. That said, it can be very successful in simply pushing back the allied players first units, allowing the OKW player to cap basically everything and set up defensive positions.

I think a lot of the suggestions in this thread would work. If not reduce its speed, then make it more vulnerable to small arms, or make the truck very slow while in combat. I don't think making it unable to move in combat would be a good idea, because I think that would have a lot of negative consequences such as catching an unbuilt truck off guard and being unable to retreat it.
10 Feb 2015, 20:35 PM

Alexzandvar, I feel like you are missing the point. Since you have issues with other vehicles pushing, I support the suggestion that you go start your own thread.
10 Feb 2015, 20:39 PM

Am I missing something or are there Bikes, Jeeps and Ket in COH2? Thats what I thought. All the units you talked about had LOW HPs and cost resources. They werent free and given to you at the start of the game. With no punishment but time if you lose them. Nor did they have massive HP pools. Trying to kill a Truck in the early game (Pre shocks EARLY GAME HERE) is akin to using a Single Zis to try to kill a Tiger. It takes way too long and it will just retreat with its damage already done.

There is no need for it. COH can reserve the right to be less cheesy in certain regards then COH1.

The first Ket are free, so screw people think this kind of micro is abuse, this is game mechanic included in game so deal with it and L2P.
10 Feb 2015, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 20:39 PMPorygon

The first Ket are free, so screw people think this kind of micro is abuse, this is game mechanic included in game so deal with it and L2P.

Yea lets keep Call ins and all other things broken in the game cause its "game mechanic" and L2p.
10 Feb 2015, 20:46 PM

so deal with it and L2P.

Every single feature of this game was purposely implemented including every bug,

Therefore this game is balanced, it no longer needs new patches, and everyone needs to adjust to play the game in order to have fun.

-Wait, who's left playing CoH2 in order to hear this awesome balance proclamation?
10 Feb 2015, 20:56 PM

There was a time when Truck was crushing squads. I guess it was L2P as well.
10 Feb 2015, 20:59 PM

Are you seriously considering truck pushing as some feat of Micro? I am sure your a much better (younger) player then me and can probably Micro quite well! But using an OKW truck to push and controlling a Sturm and a Kubel are hardly taxing and some MASTERY of the COH2! As even lowly old me can do it...

Its about as skillful as the RNG whipes you seem to love so much....
10 Feb 2015, 21:14 PM

You know that is the text book definition of a straw man argument yes? I said I don't think it should be able to push, you can remove it's ability to push with how further nerfing it's health and durability!
10 Feb 2015, 21:51 PM

You know that is the text book definition of a straw man argument yes? I said I don't think it should be able to push, you can remove it's ability to push with how further nerfing it's health and durability!

Which would solve this. You did however go on to say that you think it would be unfair that it CANT push but other light vehicles can.

So its not a Straw Man argument but a summation of your posts. I could give you a Straw Man as well as a Fallacy of Composition if you like?

10 Feb 2015, 21:52 PM

Which would solve this. You did however go on to say that you think its not fair that it CANT push but other light vehicles can.

So its not a Straw Man argument but a summation of your posts. I could give you a Straw Man as well as a Fallacy of Composition if you like?

It's a straw man because I never said I was okay with it being able to push, rather, I have stated multiple times I don't think it or any other light vehicle should be able to push.
10 Feb 2015, 21:58 PM

It's a straw man because I never said I was okay with it being able to push, rather, I have stated multiple times I don't think it or any other light vehicle should be able to push.

We could argue this all day. Definition of straw man means I took a part of your context and attacked that part ignoring other more important parts.

I did not I summed up what you said. And I didnt attack it. If anything it would fall under misrepresentation. I dont think you fully understand how specific those rules flow.

But I digress.

10 Feb 2015, 22:08 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 15:43 PMPorygon
Once again, why Ket push, Jeep push, bike push is skill, truck push is stupid?

Dafug is this logic?

A Ket doesn't come with a suppression platform, neither does a Jeep, and a bike doesn't come with a strong unit like the sturm pio. It's the combination of the kubel, sturm and free truck you get that's just stupid.
10 Feb 2015, 22:20 PM

I don't remember PE starting with most powerful starter unit AND ketten.
I also don't remember ketten being more durable then 221, which truck is.
And lastly, I don't remember this being coh1 we talk about, which had completely different balance.

Also, if something in game is broken, you fix it, not scream L2P while abusing it. Old ISU and ele/jt/TA/sov industry ring a bell for you? These were also clearly intended game mechanics.
10 Feb 2015, 22:21 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 22:08 PMCptEend

A Ket doesn't come with a suppression platform, neither does a Jeep, and a bike doesn't come with a strong unit like the sturm pio. It's the combination of the kubel, sturm and free truck you get that's just stupid.

This, plus the fact that Ket, jeep and bike dont have 320hp with a 5.4 frontal armor rating. And only the Ket comes free but at least if you lose it you have to pay for another, unlike the truck.
10 Feb 2015, 22:22 PM

Why not just make it so Sturms can make the builds themselves if it annoys you so bad. I really don't see the point of the truck existing if you want to force it to just die instantly the minute a single infantry unit looks at it.
10 Feb 2015, 22:28 PM

Why not just make it so Sturms can make the builds themselves if it annoys you so bad. I really don't see the point of the truck existing if you want to force it to just die instantly the minute a single infantry unit looks at it.

I dont think thats everyones opinion. I think the truck needs to stay durable as it is. So it can get to Point A to B as slow as it goes. But I like the idea if the Area is uncapped it moves REAL SLOW like Engine Damaged Truck Slow. This way if you want to be cute with it you stand a really good chance to lose it. If you are smart and use it to place a building in connected territory as it requires then its not in as much risk.

I hate the idea of ultra fragile Ambulance type units in this game. Its just dumb.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS