Login

russian armor

sWS Supply HT speed reduction

PAGES (8)down
10 Feb 2015, 19:30 PM

Why not simply reduce the hp of the truck by loads? Basically, if it gets caught by a single infantry squad it should die.

10 Feb 2015, 19:35 PM

Permanently Banned
I posted a replay of a truck destroying a house with a cons squad inside at 2:30 into the match, and everyone just told me to l2p. Lol
10 Feb 2015, 19:36 PM

Why not simply reduce the hp of the truck by loads? Basically, if it gets caught by a single infantry squad it should die.

But then it would be like the much more expensive (read not free) ambulance! Just faster...wheres the fun in that?
10 Feb 2015, 19:39 PM

But then it would be like the much more expensive (read not free) ambulance! Just faster...wheres the fun in that?

Im not following what you mean, the setting/setted truck should remain unchanged hp wise, the sws' hp should be greatly reduced, so nothing changes outside the fact that if they attempt to use it to push infantry it pretty much dies instantly.
10 Feb 2015, 19:40 PM

Im not following what you mean, the setting/setted truck should remain unchanged hp wise, the sws' hp should be greatly reduced, so nothing changes outside the fact that if they attempt to use it to push infantry it pretty much dies instantly.

I suppose I should have put some of these :banana::crazy::lolol:

Now read it again with that in there.

Edit: In case I am unclear this is the reason no one would ever push with an ambulance. That and it costs something.
10 Feb 2015, 19:47 PM

I like how pushing is an obvious issue in the game and people are more than happy to say we should nerf this one particular unit that's already been nerfed several times rather than just removing the pushing mechanic for light vehicles and solve a bunch of problems at once.
10 Feb 2015, 19:48 PM

I like how pushing is an obvious issue in the game and people are more than happy to say we should nerf this one particular unit that's already been nerfed several times rather than just removing the pushing mechanic for light vehicles and solve a bunch of problems at once.

Could be because of the Thread topic. You could always start a thread that says no light vehicles should push...
10 Feb 2015, 19:50 PM

Could be because of the Thread topic. You could always start a thread that says no light vehicles should push...

Why clutter up the forums when removing pushing for light vehicles is such an obvious solution for this problem and many others?
10 Feb 2015, 19:51 PM

Why clutter up the forums when removing pushing for light vehicles is such an obvious solution for this problem and many others?

Because that tends to drag threads off topic. Similar to what we are doing now and shouldnt.
10 Feb 2015, 19:53 PM

I agree with him, this topic about a Free truck for teching making an impact in a game. I have no problem with light vehicles pushing because it requires micro, makes the vehicle vulnerable, cost fuel and tech.
10 Feb 2015, 19:53 PM

Because that tends to drag threads off topic. Similar to what we are doing now and shouldnt.

How is proposing a solution for the problem raised in the thread off topic? Removing pushing would make it so the sWS Supply HT could no longer affect the game by pushing, end of story.
10 Feb 2015, 19:55 PM

I agree with him, this topic about a Free truck for teching making an impact in a game. I have no problem with light vehicles pushing because it requires micro, makes the vehicle vulnerable, cost fuel and tech.

Actually pushing makes the vehicle far far less likely to die, as you can easily negate a large amount of volks/pgrens ability for fire their shreks by just driving into the middle of them and pushing them around.

It's dumb, and makes very little sense.
10 Feb 2015, 19:57 PM

Because bringing up units off the topic of the specific unit cited tends to cause folks like Wingzero to want to respond as he did and then others and next thing you know we are 50 pages deep and no one remembers the OP is having issues with the SWS truck.

10 Feb 2015, 19:59 PM

Because bringing up units off the topic of the specific unit cited tends to cause folks like Wingzero to want to respond as he did and then others and next thing you know we are 50 pages deep and no one remembers the OP is having issues with the SWS truck.

I'm pretty sure people will know what the thread is about because the thread is literally named "sWS Supply HT speed reduction".

The point isn't to bring up units off topic, the point is to understand that pushing is more than just a problem in relation to the sWS.
10 Feb 2015, 20:01 PM

Actually pushing makes the vehicle far far less likely to die, as you can easily negate a large amount of volks/pgrens ability for fire their shreks by just driving into the middle of them and pushing them around.

It's dumb, and makes very little sense.

Not if you have faust with Grens or you keep your Volks at distance, you are talking about situation where you are caught off guard by a M3 rush, than its L2p.
10 Feb 2015, 20:02 PM

I'm pretty sure people will know what the thread is about because the thread is literally named "sWS Supply HT speed reduction".

The point isn't to bring up units off topic, the point is to understand that pushing is more than just a problem in relation to the sWS.

No that is not the point that is your opinion. Many others take issue not to the pushing but to the pushing with the crushing with the HPs with the speed with the cost and the risk to the units doing it etc etc etc.

You are trying to make pushing the point of the thread in general. Which is why I suggest you just start a thread on THAT topic.
10 Feb 2015, 20:04 PM

Not if you have faust with Grens or you keep your Volks at distance, you are talking about situation where you are caught off guard by a M3 rush, than its L2p.

Golly gee keeping volks at range is quite the good idea, and one that you can accomplish pretty well on any map that isn't urban with a lot of sight blockers and sharp corners. Still, you should not be able to rush your half track into the middle of 4-5 squads and win just because you take advantage of the games poor hitbox management.

Not that is not the point that is your opinion. Many others take issue not to the pushing but to the pushing with the crushing with the HPs with the speed with the cost and the risk to the units doing it etc etc etc.

You are trying to make pushing the point of the thread in general. Which is why I suggest you just start a thread on THAT topic.

The last patch made it so it can't crush, and the one before that nerfed it's acceleration and armor. Before that it got an HP nerf.
10 Feb 2015, 20:07 PM

The last patch made it so it can't crush, and the one before that nerfed it's acceleration and armor. Before that it got an HP nerf.

And yet here we are with it happily pushing units without exploding on site of Rifles. And if it does costing 0 to replace. See where this is going?

Its a non combat unit. Much like an Ambulance. How many ambulances do you see pushing? Do you ever question as to why that might be?
10 Feb 2015, 20:09 PM

And yet here we are with it happily pushing units without exploding on site of Rifles. And if it does costing 0 to replace. See where this is going?

Its a non combat unit. Much like an Ambulance. How many ambulances do you see pushing? Do you ever question as to why that might be?

Because the ambulance is a small truck and not a very large half trak? How on earth does it make any sense for the most important unit OKW has, the one they need to have anyting more than Volks, Rackten and Pio's, should just explode the minute an enemy unit sees it.

You know how broken that is right?
10 Feb 2015, 20:09 PM

Golly gee keeping volks at range is quite the good idea, and one that you can accomplish pretty well on any map that isn't urban with a lot of sight blockers and sharp corners. Still, you should not be able to rush your half track into the middle of 4-5 squads and win just because you take advantage of the games poor hitbox management.

You have to show me a replay where a scout car can push 4-5 squads and survive. Pushing 1-2 squads I am fine with it because it requires micro and risk for "unexpected elements" such as fast Puma or other squads coming from distance, not to mention limiting micro for capping.

The underlying point is, OKW player has it easy with a free truck pushing with kubel and sturm combo to outright win through clutch play.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS