Login

russian armor

sWS Supply HT speed reduction

PAGES (8)down
10 Feb 2015, 15:03 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 14:02 PMMittens
I would just make it take more damage from small arms. like the equivalent of the Brits truck. That way the play has to secure the area knowing it won't get attacked.

This will also help with people who over extend with the flak hq as it would take more risk to set up in the middle of combat as well as the map.

The Brit truck was actually really slow as well, unless you upgraded it.
10 Feb 2015, 15:04 PM

Sorry to say that, but I think a complete speed reduction is the wrong way to fix it.
Especially on some maps, I think, one side has a clear disadvantage because you have to order your troops through fences. I know that is also a micro-issue, but even when you order your troops the direct way, over the fences, you are sometimes slower than your opponent and he can be able to get the better position.
That's why I use the truck to destroy the fences.

That pushing thing, on the other hand, is really stupid, that's why I think you have to patch it in that way, that it is more risky to use it offensive, make it more vulnerable, less armor, less hp.

Speed reduction in combat is the key.
10 Feb 2015, 15:11 PM

Speed reduction in uncapped territory would also prevent cover destruction on the allied side of the map and free scouting.
10 Feb 2015, 15:14 PM

Give it a high chance that bullets can dmg the front wheels => slow the speed down, makes it more difficult to maneuver or even retreat.
At least it should punish the player who is using it as a high risk strat. :)
10 Feb 2015, 15:43 PM

Once again, why Ket push, Jeep push, bike push is skill, truck push is stupid?

Dafug is this logic?
10 Feb 2015, 16:18 PM

If you remove the ability for the truck to push, also remove it from All scout cars and light vehicles. There is no reason a Heavy Halftrack shouldn't be able to push infantry when a scout car can, it already takes damage from small arms, and a single shock squad can kill it in about 3 seconds while it's setting up.
10 Feb 2015, 16:58 PM

If you remove the ability for the truck to push, also remove it from All scout cars and light vehicles. There is no reason a Heavy Halftrack shouldn't be able to push infantry when a scout car can, it already takes damage from small arms, and a single shock squad can kill it in about 3 seconds while it's setting up.

Pushing is kinda stupid with every unit, and worse than that is crushing. But, A free starting unit which is available from the beginning, can crush and can scout for you should bot be able to push your units out of cover. I'm not proud of it but I myself push those poor Cons and Rifles out of cover and suppress the hell out of them with my truck and suppress them. It's game changing.

Pushing and crushing with Scout cars or half-tracks is not good IMO, but at least it's risky and you have to Micro your unit. But sWS is something else, too early, can fall back easily, and it's not that risky. If it gets destroyed it's a huge blow for OKW, but people usually use it to push your first squad and then fall back.
10 Feb 2015, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 16:58 PMRMMLz

Pushing is kinda stupid with every unit, and worse than that is crushing. But, A free starting unit which is available from the beginning, can crush and can scout for you should bot be able to push your units out of cover. I'm not proud of it but I myself push those poor Cons and Rifles out of cover and suppress the hell out of them with my truck and suppress them. It's game changing.

Pushing and crushing with Scout cars or half-tracks is not good IMO, but at least it's risky and you have to Micro your unit. But sWS is something else, too early, can fall back easily, and it's not that risky. If it gets destroyed it's a huge blow for OKW, but people usually use it to push your first squad and then fall back.

It's extremely risky to push with it as it 1. take far more damage from small arms than it used it and 2. If it dies you cannot literally give you Volks shreks for a long period of time.

It can't even crush anymore, so if your going to get rid of the ability for it to push just take that away from all Half tracks and scout cars because it's dumb that a scout car can run right up to a shrek squad and push it around negating all the effort to put into getting anti-armor out on the field.
10 Feb 2015, 17:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 15:43 PMPorygon

Dafug is this logic?

it was never skill or cool. its abuse at its finest. would you like soviets or usf to also have a truck that wins them engagements instantly in the early game?
10 Feb 2015, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 15:43 PMPorygon

Dafug is this logic?

Am I missing something or are there Bikes, Jeeps and Ket in COH2? Thats what I thought. All the units you talked about had LOW HPs and cost resources. They werent free and given to you at the start of the game. With no punishment but time if you lose them. Nor did they have massive HP pools. Trying to kill a Truck in the early game (Pre shocks EARLY GAME HERE) is akin to using a Single Zis to try to kill a Tiger. It takes way too long and it will just retreat with its damage already done.

There is no need for it. COH can reserve the right to be less cheesy in certain regards then COH1.
10 Feb 2015, 17:23 PM

Its almost as if people think a building unit that costs no resources should have no impact in battles. Hmmmm imagine that...
10 Feb 2015, 17:25 PM
Patrion 14

a) The properties of an OKW building under setup have literally zero bearing on a halftrack's ability to push infantry.

b) Every scout car and light vehicle in the game must be purchased with fuel and manpower, and take time to accumulate fuel and build, literally none are available in the first crucial engagements when fuel is capped and map control gets carved out. I cannot wrap my mind around the fact you are trying to tie the elimination of this abusive strat to nerfing all other factions' light vehicles.

c) "Pushing with it is risky, exposes it to small arms fire" - so does pushing with light vehicles, which require teching, cost fuel and manpower, are not immediately available on the field, and whose counters can hit the field by the time they are on the field.

sWS IS COMPLETELY FREE AND IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE. Until you realize how this makes sWS pushing qualitatively different to all other light vehicles in the game, there is no point in discussing it any further.
10 Feb 2015, 17:38 PM

and a single shock squad can kill it in about 3 seconds while it's setting up.

At 3 VP. While its setting up and vulnerable guarded by no one because reasons.

---

And the difference between a shreck squad and the first units SU/USF field is that one is actually holding a weapon that takes out vehicles.

Its a truck that sets up bases; it shouldnt even be able to be seen by the enemy for its passive role.
10 Feb 2015, 18:13 PM

Its almost as if people think a building unit that costs no resources should have no impact in battles. Hmmmm imagine that...

Agreed, remove the machine gun nests from the HQ area's.

a) The properties of an OKW building under setup have literally zero bearing on a halftrack's ability to push infantry.

b) Every scout car and light vehicle in the game must be purchased with fuel and manpower, and take time to accumulate fuel and build, literally none are available in the first crucial engagements when fuel is capped and map control gets carved out. I cannot wrap my mind around the fact you are trying to tie the elimination of this abusive strat to nerfing all other factions' light vehicles.

c) "Pushing with it is risky, exposes it to small arms fire" - so does pushing with light vehicles, which require teching, cost fuel and manpower, are not immediately available on the field, and whose counters can hit the field by the time they are on the field.

sWS IS COMPLETELY FREE AND IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE. Until you realize how this makes sWS pushing qualitatively different to all other light vehicles in the game, there is no point in discussing it any further.

Pushing is dumb no matter what, remove it from all units expect tanks. This isn't paticularly about the sWS itself, rather, that pushing is insanely dumb.
10 Feb 2015, 19:05 PM

Agreed, remove the machine gun nests from the HQ area's.

Hmmm... I can't follow your logic.
10 Feb 2015, 19:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 19:05 PMRMMLz

Hmmm... I can't follow your logic.

Machine gun nests in the HQ area cost nothing, but can affect battles. If we are going by the logic things you don't pay for shouldn't have an effect on the game why do they exist?
10 Feb 2015, 19:16 PM

Ostheer starts with free Opel.

Soviets with free Zis truck.

USF with a free Deuce and a half.

This should be better than making the Sws halftrack unable to do anything other than set up base (which is the only reason why it exists as a unit)
10 Feb 2015, 19:18 PM

How about just removing the ability for non-tank's to push? It would literally solve this problem and many others.
10 Feb 2015, 19:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

So we have clipping vehicles?

Unless you delay the first SwS arrival, no matter what you do, you will still have a pushing truck. Either early-early game or late-late game.

There is no risk if you push against USF or soviets before his 3rd con (cause he can get AT nades) or T1.
10 Feb 2015, 19:30 PM

So we have clipping vehicles?

Unless you delay the first SwS arrival, no matter what you do, you will still have a pushing truck. Either early-early game or late-late game.

There is no risk if you push against USF or soviets before his 3rd con (cause he can get AT nades) or T1.

All vehicles can already clip through each other, it happens quite often actually. Just remove the ability for light armor such has HT's and Scout Cars to push, it's pretty simple.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS