Login

russian armor

M2HB .50 Cal Machine Gun

9 Feb 2015, 23:13 PM

Yeah I don't understand why the M2 and DShK are as weak as they are either, they should rip through light vehicles. Both cost more than an MG 42 but neither perform much better than it, and it's not all that impressive to begin with.

I think Relic just doesn't like Machine Guns all that much.
10 Feb 2015, 08:28 AM

Yeah I don't understand why the M2 and DShK are as weak as they are either, they should rip through light vehicles. Both cost more than an MG 42 but neither perform much better than it, and it's not all that impressive to begin with.

I think Relic just doesn't like Machine Guns all that much.

Well DShK has 2.5 penetration and M2HB has 3. The problem with these units (and other MGs) is that they are fragile.
10 Feb 2015, 08:37 AM

The biggest problem of this machinegun is that it dies to fast. It needs better health or one more model in squad. Currently, after using it several times in different situations, I can't see a good reason for using it in the future. As USF, I better spend my MP resources on something else.
10 Feb 2015, 08:45 AM

you guys know that the 50cal has the best dps aside from the dshka right? it has 3x the dps of an mg34 at max range and over double the dps of an mg42 at max range.

as with all hmgs stick it in green cover so the gunner doesnt get sniped and use infantry to screen for it.
10 Feb 2015, 08:47 AM

you guys know that the 50cal has the best dps aside from the dshka right? it has 3x the dps of an mg34 at max range and over double the dps of an mg42 at max range.

as with all hmgs stick it in green cover so the gunner doesnt get sniped and use infantry to screen for it.

When you use cover mg crew love to bunch up and get wiped by 1 nade.
10 Feb 2015, 08:49 AM

and thats why you have infantry in front so enemy infantry cant just casually walk up to them. also the 50cal has a really fast pack up and set up time so if you see the flank coming you can just walk away
10 Feb 2015, 08:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 08:47 AMVIPUKS

When you use cover mg crew love to bunch up and get wiped by 1 nade.

Ex_fuckn'_actely.
10 Feb 2015, 08:57 AM

and thats why you have infantry in front so enemy infantry cant just casually walk up to them. also the 50cal has a really fast pack up and set up time so if you see the flank coming you can just walk away

A lot of you say that you gotta do that, you gotta act like that. Sometimes (especially when you loosing) you need your squads to be able operate by themselves alone. Why I have to spend such amount of micro when my oponent just a moves everything
10 Feb 2015, 09:02 AM

because if you dont you lose the hmg. do it out of necessity
10 Feb 2015, 09:14 AM

because if you dont you lose the hmg. do it out of necessity

It doesn't answer my qquestion. Why anti infantry unit gets easily wiped by simple infantry and mostly so weak vs nades.
10 Feb 2015, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 09:14 AMVIPUKS

It doesn't answer my qquestion. Why anti infantry unit gets easily wiped by simple infantry and mostly so weak vs nades.

Because it fights units designed to fight against twice as durable squads then it is would be one answer.
And its wehr that got weapons balanced against 6 men. OKW have more firepower, which means what, OKW is designed to mow down 8-10 man support squad with their immense firepower?
10 Feb 2015, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 09:18 AMKatitof

Because it fights units designed to fight against twice as durable squads then it is would be one answer.
And its wehr that got weapons balanced against 6 men. OKW have more firepower, which means what, OKW is designed to mow down 8-10 man support squad with their immense firepower?

I had many of these moments when half suppressed obers wiped my 50 call with no sweat
10 Feb 2015, 10:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 09:36 AMVIPUKS

I had many of these moments when half suppressed obers wiped my 50 call with no sweat

Yes, this is also true.
That being said, against OKW you better not use this HMG. ...And against Ostheer, there are better things to do, like, dunno, skip LT and try to get shermann a.s.a.p. because you should profit of their slow and costly teching?

See what I mean? Why build it? Makes no sense. There are better things to do with your MP.
10 Feb 2015, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 10:01 AMJohnnyB

Yes, this is also true.
That being said, against OKW you better not use this HMG. ...And against Ostheer, there are better things to do, like, dunno, skip LT and try to get shermann a.s.a.p. because you should profit of their slow and costly teching?

See what I mean? Why build it? Makes no sense. There are better things to do with your MP.

l m f a o

getting Lt is the fastest way to get a sherman.
10 Feb 2015, 11:09 AM

What LemonJuice is right, BUT early game you will lose map control. What he says is HMG101, but at the current state HMGs are easy to counter. Riflegrenades, Molotovs, Smoke N nade (Shocks, Rifles) Snipe(Obers who already have Baled charge).

What I'm saying is, they should be counter at least 1 squad, no matter which squad it is. If the opponent is moving from different sides, we don't expect the HMG to suppress them all. But right now even one squad can counter the HMG (Rifles will SmokenNade, obers snipe, grens have riflenades etc. etc.)
10 Feb 2015, 11:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2015, 17:17 PMofield
.50cal provides probably the best mix of the HMG42 and the Maxim

Thats close to truth but fun fact .50cal reinforce cost 35 manpower when maxim and mg42 cost only 15 and 22. 50 cal reinforce is too overpriced.
10 Feb 2015, 12:24 PM
Patrion 14

My question is : why SHOULDN'T this MG have, say, 10 penetration?

This is the only MG in game locked behind teching. It was purposefully taken to be the heavy, .50cal monster (as opposed to .30cal which was in CoH1 and therefore a clear choice), which costs more than other MGs. It also has a reinforce cost closer to that of Sturmpio than of a Rifleman.

Meanwhile OKW get Kubel with no teching, no reinforce costs, and at arguably less price.

There is no reason why it should not shred light vehicles like MG42 with AP ability on. At least then I would be able to say "yeah okay, it's a bit lacking in direct infantry confrontation but its multipurpose role really makes up for the increased price".

It's in LT tier, after all.
10 Feb 2015, 13:43 PM

My question is : why SHOULDN'T this MG have, say, 10 penetration?

This is the only MG in game locked behind teching. It was purposefully taken to be the heavy, .50cal monster (as opposed to .30cal which was in CoH1 and therefore a clear choice), which costs more than other MGs. It also has a reinforce cost closer to that of Sturmpio than of a Rifleman.

Meanwhile OKW get Kubel with no teching, no reinforce costs, and at arguably less price.

There is no reason why it should not shred light vehicles like MG42 with AP ability on. At least then I would be able to say "yeah okay, it's a bit lacking in direct infantry confrontation but its multipurpose role really makes up for the increased price".

It's in LT tier, after all.

I wholeheartedly agree, when the DSHKA arrived i was astounded to find that, even with its AP ability the weapon platform couldn't reliably take out light support vehicles like the 251 halftrack and the mortar halftrack.

The arrival of the M2HB got me excited only to find that the m2 was severely lack luster on the anti-vehicle front. The thing that irks me is that the incendiary round ability on both of the Axis HMG's allow them to out perform the Allied HMG's that were DESIGNED to smash through material be it cover or metal skinned vehicles.
10 Feb 2015, 13:47 PM

M2HB come too late. USF dont have any starting suppresion unit (RE sup. dont work) and need M2HB in first tier for better unit diversity. (3-4 rifleman everytime is boring)
10 Feb 2015, 14:31 PM

Agreed the .50 fails to perform its job which is to lock down blobs. Instead it gets sniped away by obers or volks. Wehr just rifle nades it from a football field away.

For such an expensive investment it is underperforming mightily. Either it needs buffs all around or it needs to come out sooner.

Side not DSHK is also pathetic. Supposed to counter light vehicles, but gets soft countered by them instead.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★