Login

russian armor

M2HB .50 Cal Machine Gun

10 Feb 2015, 16:23 PM

The .50 cal is an offense machine gun, it's supposed to follow your rifle blob around suppressing enemy infantry to help you fight things like Obers in the late game. It's also the best machine gun in the game if you crew it with a powerful model unit like Shocks/Obers.
10 Feb 2015, 16:53 PM

Yeah I almost always disagree with Lemon but he is correct. The .50 is pretty good in my opinion. Folks thinking that a single .50 is going to suppress a blob is nuts. Build multiple .50 cals.
10 Feb 2015, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 16:53 PMNapalm
Build multiple .50 cals.

But you might as well build as many rifles and give them all m1919's to suppress wherever they want and murder everything. :S
Its good but doesnt belong.

Because of this, its trivial for many people to make when you have much better stuff to buy that wont get annoyingly decrewed.

Nerf rifles, Kappa
10 Feb 2015, 17:52 PM

Guys Guys Guys, we all know what the problem is really. The main problem is how OP OKW is.
10 Feb 2015, 17:54 PM

It's also the best machine gun in the game if you crew it with a powerful model unit like Shocks/Obers.

You want me to crew it with shocks/obers as American?

Why would you crew a weapon with Obers ever? Their DPS is all tied up in the MG34.

Also shocks on support weapons is also useless since their DPS is all at ranges <10 m. All you get is really high reinforcement costs and slightly more armor, which is partly negated by a received accuracy bonus the opposing side gets for free.

Blobs should be suppressed by a single MG if the blob walks right into it. It should not take multiple MG's to suppress an a-move blob. Without this feature punishment for blobbing is not very strong, as it is now, and requires huge amounts of micro and gimmicks (demo packs) to punish blobbers.

When you ask for multiple MG's to stop a blob you are asking me to put all my eggs in one basket, since the MG fields must overlap considerably to gain the advantage of both being present. As such the other player is quite capable now of a simple flank with minimal skill or talent required.
10 Feb 2015, 18:02 PM

You want me to crew it with shocks/obers as American?

Why would you crew a weapon with Obers ever? Their DPS is all tied up in the MG34.

Also shocks on support weapons is also useless since their DPS is all at ranges <10 m. All you get is really high reinforcement costs and slightly more armor, which is partly negated by a received accuracy bonus the opposing side gets for free.

Blobs should be suppressed by a single MG if the blob walks right into it. It should not take multiple MG's to suppress an a-move blob. Without this feature punishment for blobbing is not very strong, as it is now, and requires huge amounts of micro and gimmicks (demo packs) to punish blobbers.

When you ask for multiple MG's to stop a blob you are asking me to put all my eggs in one basket, since the MG fields must overlap considerably to gain the advantage of both being present. As such the other player is quite capable now of a simple flank with minimal skill or talent required.

I said it was the best MG in the game due to the stats it gets from Shocks/Obers such as armor, accuracy, ect. Didn't really have much to say other than that, and I agree MG's should punish blobs.
10 Feb 2015, 19:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I said it was the best MG in the game due to the stats it gets from Shocks/Obers such as armor, accuracy, ect. Didn't really have much to say other than that, and I agree MG's should punish blobs.

This is just a stupid idea, unless we are playing a year and half patch ago. You don't want to recrew support weapons with elite units, due to reinforcement cost.
10 Feb 2015, 19:17 PM

This is just a stupid idea, unless we are playing a year and half patch ago. You don't want to recrew support weapons with elite units, due to reinforcement cost.

A .50 cal with a Pathfinder crew is insanely good due the accuracy modifier Path's get. Should you spam Pathfinders and .50 cal's? Of course not, but it's worth stating it's a okay idea.
10 Feb 2015, 19:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

A .50 cal with a Pathfinder crew is insanely good due the accuracy modifier Path's get. Should you spam Pathfinders and .50 cal's? Of course not, but it's worth stating it's a okay idea.

Theres a difference between crewing with pathfinders because you want to use the increased sight and doing so with Obers/Shocks (this is what you said).
10 Feb 2015, 19:31 PM

Theres a difference between crewing with pathfinders because you want to use the increased sight and doing so with Obers/Shocks (this is what you said).

Obers have quite high model health and shocks have armor. So if you really want an MG that won't get it's gunner sniped in the first shot those are your options, that is all I was saying.
10 Feb 2015, 19:45 PM

10 Feb 2015, 19:48 PM

All infantry have the same model hp.
Do Ober's have a received accuracy modifier or something? Because I notice they are quite durable.
10 Feb 2015, 20:40 PM

Do Ober's have a received accuracy modifier or something? Because I notice they are quite durable.

Yes they do, but so do several other units. Some units like Conscripts also have an increased modifier.
10 Feb 2015, 21:13 PM
Patrion 27

By vet 4 obers have - 58% received accuracy. Ridiculous.

1 unlocks smoke grenade
2 +40% accuracy -25% weapon cooldown
3 -29% received accuracy Passive healing
4 -29% received accuracy now deals suppression
5 Sprint when out of combat
10 Feb 2015, 21:15 PM

What's crazy about the Ober is how amazing the MG34 is, not really that they have good vet bonus's, almost every OKW unit has excellent veteran bonus's (except the ISG for some reason).
10 Feb 2015, 22:52 PM

My question is : why SHOULDN'T this MG have, say, 10 penetration?

This is the only MG in game locked behind teching. It was purposefully taken to be the heavy, .50cal monster (as opposed to .30cal which was in CoH1 and therefore a clear choice), which costs more than other MGs. It also has a reinforce cost closer to that of Sturmpio than of a Rifleman.

Meanwhile OKW get Kubel with no teching, no reinforce costs, and at arguably less price.

There is no reason why it should not shred light vehicles like MG42 with AP ability on. At least then I would be able to say "yeah okay, it's a bit lacking in direct infantry confrontation but its multipurpose role really makes up for the increased price".

It's in LT tier, after all.

This. For a T2 unit, it's no better and worse than Axis T1 units. That just ain't right. Again, for what it SHOULD be, a .50 gun, it should be better than the MG 34/42. My $0.02.
10 Feb 2015, 23:22 PM
Benefactor 115

the vet bonuses are supposed to be applied to the squad, not the entities. the received accuracy modifiers are applied to the squad as well.

So when you crew an MG with say a vet5 ober it's basically an MG team made up four vet 0 obersoldaten entities (aka four 80hp entities) with the 1.25x received accuracy modifier from MGs.

however vet and modifiers could be bugged and its applying to entities when it shouldn't. nothing surprises me with this game might need to test it out.
11 Feb 2015, 00:28 AM
Patrion 14

(faulty post, please remove)
11 Feb 2015, 01:26 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Obers:
Vet 0: 0.7 RA
Vet 4: 0.35287 (2.834 armor)

Shocks:
Vet0: 0.6666 (1.5 armor)
Vet2: 0.5533 (1.8 armor)

And i'm think theres no difference on which unit mans the MG, the only difference is the firepower of the crew and the resistance of it.
11 Feb 2015, 03:01 AM

Shocks body armor is penetrated by MG fire and any weapon with penetration, IIRC. I'm not sure what does / does not get pen other than MGs though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★