Login

russian armor

Assault Engineers UP

9 Feb 2015, 05:10 AM

These guys are terrible. For 280 manpower they suck. Demo charges and flamethrowers are great. However, Soviets get this capability for a lot cheaper.

For 280 manpower Assault engineers should be able to do damage close in. They get destroyed by sturmpios even if they ambush them at point blank range with a flamethrower. When flanking volks assault engineers might do enough damage to make the flank worth it, typically they don't.

I would rather just have Soviet engies in the US forces. I don't care about history. k Relic? Thanks!
9 Feb 2015, 05:14 AM

I think they're balanced. If they manage to close the distance, they absolutely kill any infantry. Whenever I play Axis in CoH2, I always dread Assault Engineers because if they close in, I have to retreat my troops or they get squad wiped.
9 Feb 2015, 05:33 AM

I think they're fine. I use them a lot and can usually cause enough damage on the enemy.
9 Feb 2015, 05:42 AM
Patrion 14

i feel they are really hard to use. you literally have to ambush from point blank range to keep all 4 man alive when initiating combat. i rather trade demo for some received accuracy modifier bonus.
9 Feb 2015, 05:43 AM

Permanently Banned
they are fine
9 Feb 2015, 05:49 AM
Patrion 15

The 4 man squad against axis high dps makes them really, really situational and only effective in direct combat in the very early stages of the game. Demos make them a viable option into the late game though. If demos get changed to be less of an instagib/squadwipe mechanic then i'd like to see ass engies get a 5th model at vet 2 like the REs, this would make them really mean.
9 Feb 2015, 05:58 AM

They get destroyed by sturmpios even if they ambush them at point blank range with a flamethrower.

Sturmpioneers are a 320 Manpower CQB unit, which is more than 280 Manpower CBQ unit.

They could probably use a weapon nerf in exchange for a 5th member though.
9 Feb 2015, 06:06 AM

Sturmpioneers are a 320 Manpower CQB unit, which is more than 280 Manpower CBQ unit.

They could probably use a weapon nerf in exchange for a 5th member though.

Well I was under the impression that a unit with smgs in face slapping range should still win even with a cost difference unless it is a huge difference (pios vs rifles). Maybe that is incorrect.

Well if they are considered balanced they are extremely hard to use.
9 Feb 2015, 06:17 AM

Well I was under the impression that a unit with smgs in face slapping range should still win even with a cost difference unless it is a huge difference (pios vs rifles). Maybe that is incorrect.

Well if they are considered balanced they are extremely hard to use.

Sturmpioneers and SMG's in general are designed weirdly. Sturmpioneer's Assault Rifles are less effective than Panzergrenadier's at every range except point-blank (~5 meters), where they're superior. Submachine guns are weird because they have high flat DPS out to 10 meters, where it suddenly drops sharply.

Regardless, there was a patch where Assault Engineers were superior to Sturmpioneers, and it just lead to every USF player spamming Assault Engineers and decimating every axis early-game unit including Kubelwagens and Light Armoured Cars (due to the fact that all small arms have max DPS vs vehicles at all ranges).
9 Feb 2015, 06:26 AM

FFS, if they suck, what are assgren? Potato?
9 Feb 2015, 07:01 AM

AE are good. With right use, you can whipe enemy squads.
9 Feb 2015, 07:04 AM

They are fine, They deal high damage, can repair, LAYS DEMOS (Wehr and OKW dosen't even get anything equivalent) and can lay crap mines. One of the better things in that doctrine.

Really that doctrine is pretty good aside from the M10
(Plz dear god buff this thing)
9 Feb 2015, 07:42 AM

They are fine, They deal high damage, can repair, LAYS DEMOS (Wehr and OKW dosen't even get anything equivalent) and can lay crap mines. One of the better things in that doctrine.

Really that doctrine is pretty good aside from the M10
(Plz dear god buff this thing)

You never saw what an M10 spam can do, did you?
9 Feb 2015, 07:43 AM

FFS, if they suck, what are assgren? Potato?

assgren have 5 men squad, and have significantly more dps than Assengi.

assgrens are still very competent for the first 10mins, until the LMG start appearing.
assengi however has more utility ability and able to be equipped with RNG flamer.

comparatively, assengi is not good in combat.
9 Feb 2015, 08:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2015, 07:43 AMy3ivan
assgren have 5 men squad, and have significantly more dps than Assengi

Actually despite the smaller squad size, Assault Engineers have superior DPS. In fact Assault Grenadiers are the lowest DPS assault unit in the game, they just beat Assault Engineers because they're more durable.
9 Feb 2015, 08:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2015, 07:43 AMy3ivan

assgren have 5 men squad, and have significantly more dps than Assengi.

assgrens are still very competent for the first 10mins, until the LMG start appearing.
assengi however has more utility ability and able to be equipped with RNG flamer.

comparatively, assengi is not good in combat.

Assgren Squad does 42 DPS at point blank, Assault engineer squad does 48. Assault Grenenadier leader has 1.5 armor which is negligible. I can't see any "Significant DPS difference" here sir. #getyourfactsstraight

They are fine, they are doctrinal units, and will win you the game on maps like Ettlebruk or Stalingrad. It's a L2P problem, they are NOT shock units, you can't break the enemy line with them. They also do wonders when protecting your flanks.
The have a good utility and scale very well.

9 Feb 2015, 08:21 AM

Permanently Banned
Jesus if they could get 5 men at vet2 like RE's. they would be rangers
9 Feb 2015, 09:32 AM

I don't usually talk for american infantry buffs but,This unit is quite weak to be honest,unlike assgrens they have 4 models and lose 1/4 Dps just closing,maybe even half.Lack grenades.Overall quite lacklustre.They need either 1 more man with a CP pushback and increase cost.
Or they need to do dmg at a little further than current range.4 man smg squad is very difficult to use.
9 Feb 2015, 13:26 PM

This guys is just like pioneers but cost 280 manpower and 32 to reinforce.

If you want real flamethrower go rifle company, if you want democharges play soviets.

No reason to buy them.
9 Feb 2015, 13:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2015, 13:26 PMNEVEC
This guys is just like pioneers but cost 280 manpower and 32 to reinforce.

If you want real flamethrower go rifle company, if you want democharges play soviets.

No reason to buy them.

Except pioneers do 21 DPS, Assault engineers do 48. More than twice. Get your facts straight please.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 44
United Kingdom 31
United States 25

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak