Login

russian armor

New faction British??

PAGES (23)down
10 Feb 2015, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 09:29 AMJohnnyB

Japanese tanks were shittiest ever, more shitty than shermans and every tank from WW2 you can imagine (except maybe from german satelites country's tanks). So it will be verry hard to fit japanese faction into a game were tanks are so important. More than this, Japan didn't have effective AT infantry. They were good at planes, ships, artilery. That's all. They would fit into a scenary that would involve alot of water. Like battles for islands and peninsulas.

And no, COH2 doesn't need more factions.

When COH3 will be issued, they can focus on Pacific war. That's were they fit best. But tbh, I would like COH3 to be focused on Afrika. Afrikakorps, italians, british and americans. That's a theater where 4 factions would go verry well both from balance and historycal point of view.

Agree, but Italians have shitty tanks as well, unless they will focus on defensive AT emplacments like 88s, and elite inf.

10 Feb 2015, 09:39 AM

what do you want more? Britons and fifth Germans fraction.
Come on. Besides Japan there are no alternatives.
10 Feb 2015, 09:50 AM

what do you want more? Britons and fifth Germans fraction.
    Come on. Besides Japan there are no alternatives.

Yep, because Italy is the same as Germany ... Seriously?
    10 Feb 2015, 10:01 AM

Yep, because Italy is the same as Germany ... Seriously?

I understand you, I'll want more Soviets.
      But the Italians will mix with the Germans.
      Japan has everything to become a full-fledged faction.

I am not against Italy, but she does not pull a full faction.
      10 Feb 2015, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 09:30 AMExardus

Americans and Soviet playing together in City 17 or Kholodni ferma come on. They will kill each other :D

Don't act like you were stupid.

It's Europe and they both were fighting agasint nazi.
      10 Feb 2015, 10:58 AM

British and Afrika Corps can join the game under one or many commanders with their dedicated units. There is no need to add 2 new specific faction in game.

And for Japan, that's sound too alien to me. Pacific theater is more adequate for a naval strategic game than field one.

10 Feb 2015, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 10:58 AMEsxile
      British and Afrika Corps can join the game under one or many commanders with their dedicated units. There is no need to add 2 new specific faction in game.

And for Japan, that's sound too alien to me. Pacific theater is more adequate for a naval strategic game than field one.

OKW can join the game under one or many commanders with their dedicated units.
      Oh, wait...
      10 Feb 2015, 12:41 PM
      Patrion 14

People are right, if you can include Italians, then faction-design-wise, you can include the Japanese.

Multiplayer skirmishes are not meant to reflect historical scenarios, they tossed that out the window the moment they decided it's ok to have Americans in Kholodny Ferma or Soviets in France. A decision I fully agree with, by the way.

Still, not gonna happen. The two new introduced factions will most probably be thematically appropriate to one another. From what we see, Brits are in, so the other faction, if any, will be something Brits fought. In my opinion Brits did not clash with Japanese enough in the Asian theatre to merit an entire expansion around this scenario.
      10 Feb 2015, 12:50 PM

If coh3 were to be set in Africa, yes armys and units would be cool, but the terrain is a worrying point for me. Just don't see how desert can work well for coh.
      10 Feb 2015, 13:15 PM

we need the 4 factions to be balanced first. 6 factions is going to be a whole another story..
      10 Feb 2015, 13:19 PM

In my opinion Brits did not clash with Japanese enough in the Asian theatre to merit an entire expansion around this scenario.

You are entitled to your opinion, but in this instance it does not correlate with History.
      10 Feb 2015, 13:21 PM

From what we see, Brits are in, so the other faction, if any, will be something Brits fought. In my opinion Brits did not clash with Japanese enough in the Asian theatre to merit an entire expansion around this scenario.

Look up the Japanese campaign into Burma and India. The British Army clashed quite heavily with the Japanese there, and while it ended in disaster for the Japansese, the number of troops employed by either side was far from small.
      There was also e.g. the Battle for Singapore (which was a disaster for the Brits, but still).

As for those saying that the Japanese don't really have ground combat worth mentioning.. the Pacific theater saw some of the bloodiest battles of the entire war.
      10 Feb 2015, 13:23 PM
      Patrion 14

You are entitled to your opinion, but in this instance it does correlate with History.
      I am aware of the south east Asian theatre, and the British/Japanese battles in WW2. I would not mind if a campaign was made of it. I just don't think Relic will do it.
      10 Feb 2015, 13:30 PM

People are right, if you can include Italians, then faction-design-wise, you can include the Japanese.

Multiplayer skirmishes are not meant to reflect historical scenarios, they tossed that out the window the moment they decided it's ok to have Americans in Kholodny Ferma or Soviets in France. A decision I fully agree with, by the way.

Still, not gonna happen. The two new introduced factions will most probably be thematically appropriate to one another. From what we see, Brits are in, so the other faction, if any, will be something Brits fought. In my opinion Brits did not clash with Japanese enough in the Asian theatre to merit an entire expansion around this scenario.

so my choice - USSR against Japan
      10 Feb 2015, 13:35 PM
      Senior Editor Badge

the japanese LOBBY reached coh2.org.

sad day :(
      10 Feb 2015, 13:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 13:35 PMnigo
      the japanese LOBBY reached coh2.org.

sad day :(

I have a cunning plan, lobbying Japanese in the hope of acquiring a second fraction of the Soviets :D
      10 Feb 2015, 13:40 PM

we need the 4 factions to be balanced first. 6 factions is going to be a whole another story..

The time since last balance patch proves that don't really care about balance much anymore, so we might just as well throw another pair into the mix.

I doubt it'll happen, but I wouldn't cry if it did.
      10 Feb 2015, 14:29 PM
      Patrion 14

Yeah, the game can be ultra-balanced tomorrow. And then 2 new factions will completely piss on that balance anyway.

In short, MOAR FACTIONS. Game will never be balanced, at least give us more stuff to have in-game diversity .
      10 Feb 2015, 15:36 PM

Don't act like you were stupid.

It's Europe and they both were fighting agasint nazi.

Seams someone is humourless, this is still a game so do not pretend it needs to follow some facts.

Moreover Japan fought against Soviets and USA

10 Feb 2015, 15:39 PM

Yeah, the game can be ultra-balanced tomorrow. And then 2 new factions will completely piss on that balance anyway.

In short, MOAR FACTIONS. Game will never be balanced, at least give us more stuff to have in-game diversity .

+1
      PAGES (23)down
      1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
        Steam Alias
        W
        L
        %
        Streak
      Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight