Login

russian armor

Notes for 4/2/15

PAGES (7)down
6 Feb 2015, 08:51 AM

If a tank now runs into a PAK40 at vet2 or 3, and the stun ability is activated after the first shot, it will land a total of 4 shots = 640 damage = dead medium tank without any chance to counter. Well played relic you ducking retards

You are wrong. It's only working properly now, that is what it actually does.
6 Feb 2015, 09:06 AM

Lol they didn't replace the old Pz IV to get decals to work or some shit, they replaced it because the old model was shitty and outsourced. Besides looking more like an actual Pz IV, the new one is just a higher quality model made by Relic themselves.
6 Feb 2015, 09:38 AM

No, I like it, please don't put back the old one. And it's PZ IV ausf i. :p

Just a heads up, there is no such thing as a Panzer IV Ausf I. The old Panzer IV was likely meant to be a Model G dispute having several characteristics of the Model J due to being ported from CoH1's Model J. The new one is most likely a late Model G. If it were an early Model G it would retain the shorter barrel and older muzzlebreak of the replaced model, whereas a Model H would have schurzen as soon as it entered the battlefield, not at Vet 2.
6 Feb 2015, 10:07 AM

Just a heads up, there is no such thing as a Panzer IV Ausf I. The old Panzer IV was likely meant to be a Model G dispute having several characteristics of the Model J due to being ported from CoH1's Model J. The new one is most likely a late Model G. If it were an early Model G it would retain the shorter barrel and older muzzlebreak of the replaced model, whereas a Model H would have schurzen as soon as it entered the battlefield, not at Vet 2.

Well I know something about panzers me too. I dont' know for sure if a model i existed, but clearly it's not a "G" late or no late model, nor an "H" because of the reasons you point it out. The gun cache (top) it's same as ausf j model, but the turret seems to be a little different. So it's not a J model either. So, if it's not an i (??) model, I don't know what it is... Maybe Pz IV ausf. RELIC. A new Panzer IV type. :rolleyes:
6 Feb 2015, 10:34 AM

Well I know something about panzers me too. I dont' know for sure if a model i existed, but clearly it's not a "G" late or no late model, nor an "H" because of the reasons you point it out. The gun cache (top) it's same as ausf j model, but the turret seems to be a little different. So it's not a J model either. So, if it's not an i (??) model, I don't know what it is... Maybe Pz IV ausf. RELIC. A new Panzer IV type. :rolleyes:

A Model I did not exist, I can assure you of that. The turret is 100% identical to the OKW version; they are the same exact model, just different units. Imo a late Model G is the closest match for a Panzer IV with the L/48 gun but no standard Schurzen.

As far as the Model J goes, the Panzer IV is technically all wrong. Off the top of my head a Model Jshould lack the view ports on the side and turret, have 3 return rollers, and simplified exhaust (See Ostwind / Sturmpanzer) :P
6 Feb 2015, 10:54 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2015, 08:35 AMtuvok
could it be that it's only related to the p4 then?
they forgot the J version didn't have a model with sandbags

I guess that command panzer IV that is on the first screenshot still uses old model and it should get it's sandbags if it was the case.

I'm not sure but for me it's just model H with schurzen ripped of until vet 2. They probably model it as H from the beginning but wanted to visualize that it "gets" more armour.
6 Feb 2015, 11:23 AM
6 Feb 2015, 11:25 AM

This bugpatch did some confusing stuff. Now, even activating the "tank only" ability the ZiS keep shooting infantry - didn't test with other models or other factions to see if that ocurred consistently.

Also, I had some bad RNG, or something changed with the soviet anti tank grenade or the panzer IV, since I threw it a lot and got a lot of bounces.

This patching work of Relic seems like they are trying to dry ice with a piece of cloth - there's always something appearing after each update
6 Feb 2015, 11:34 AM

The 'Prioritize Vehicles' abilities have always been notoriously buggy. It seems pure RNG as to if they work properly. Very odd.
6 Feb 2015, 11:55 AM

The 'Prioritize Vehicles' abilities have always been notoriously buggy. It seems pure RNG as to if they work properly. Very odd.

Thanks for the reminder of the ability's name - jeez, I play this game a lot and keep forgeting pretty much everything. No wonder my playercard sucks :lol:

OT, when I used it, it was very reliable. Indeed, so odd
6 Feb 2015, 11:57 AM

No, I like it, please don't put back the old one. And it's PZ IV ausf i. :p

Maybe I am wrong, but as far as I know there exists no Ausf. I. It went directly from H to J.

edit: Nvm it already was mentioned. I had the site opened ages ago and didn't see comments since.
6 Feb 2015, 21:53 PM

If anyone is interested, I just remembered I have these old comparison shots of the Ostheer P4 and OKW P4, taken after WFA came out:

6 Feb 2015, 22:08 PM
Patrion 28

the new one is definitely more detailed but for some reason i like the old one more... maybe it's the colour...
6 Feb 2015, 23:20 PM

the new one is definitely more detailed but for some reason i like the old one more... maybe it's the colour...

The colour is unchanged on the stock Ostheer version, like how Ost and OKW have their own Panther colours.

Pictures, tagged as to not clog up the page:

6 Feb 2015, 23:27 PM

Today i finally tried out the new patch. Played a 2 vs 2 as Wehr on Rails versus a Sov and a USF. The Sov player got 4 Shock squads, blobbed them up and spammed for the motherland. My infantry stood no chance against the big roving blob of death. It blows my mind how Relic could think this was a good change.

Seriously, WTF?

Luckily the opponents wasn't very good and my dual Brummbärs and elefant made short work of the enemy but it was a close game due to the US player spamming LMG-paras and P47's.
7 Feb 2015, 03:04 AM

Prioritize vehicle is even more bugged on the pak than it was. It used to mess up if you manually targeted something or used twp, now it just gives no fucks as to which mode it's in. Retoggling the ability used to fix it, no longer works.

I don't think twp is working right on it either. I tried clicking the button the manually targeting the tank and it fired a shot but nothing happened
7 Feb 2015, 05:45 AM
Patrion 28

the shot could still roll a miss if you only tried it once. or it could fail to pen. or did you not see a projectile?
nee
7 Feb 2015, 07:39 AM

SO this is what happens when your balance team members leave.
7 Feb 2015, 10:02 AM

Whilst the Soviet fanboy in me is giggling gleefully at the changes to For the Motherland, the only way I can see it being fair that it has no downside is if it wasn't in a doctrine which had shocks. If it were in a doctrine like NKVD rifle disruption then it'd be an awesome and maybe balanced addition.

As it stands now however, it sounds frankly ridiculous. It was fine before. Why change it now?

Same deal with the PaK 40. The target weakpoint is borderline OP already, now it sounds crazy. :/ Not impressed that we've had no real balance changes and what we have had has just mad things worse...
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS