Login

russian armor

Notes for 4/2/15

PAGES (7)down
5 Feb 2015, 00:48 AM

So you can just click target weakpoint and kill a tank.. well my sherman/jackson casualty rate just went through the roof

Pretty much, Sprice was a visionary, the pakwall will rise again to put the filthy slavs and spineless yanks back into their place. It's a good thing they also nerfed the shit out of the pack howitzer to make sure USF has nothing with which to clear said pak wall with :foreveralone:
5 Feb 2015, 00:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 00:48 AMCruzz

Pretty much, Sprice was a visionary, the pakwall will rise again to put the filthy slavs and spineless yanks back into their place. It's a good thing they also nerfed the shit out of the pack howitzer to make sure USF has nothing with which to clear said pak wall with :foreveralone:

Sherman smoke with a Offmap on top...what red smoke? :megusta:
5 Feb 2015, 00:56 AM

Sherman smoke with a Offmap on top...what red smoke? :megusta:

You can attack ground stun with the new stun rounds. Your smoke is largely meaningless against better players.
5 Feb 2015, 00:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 00:56 AMCruzz

You can attack ground stun with the new stun rounds. Your smoke is largely meaningless against better players.

Woops missed that part I understood it as Pak with TWP that actually tracked instead of fired at the last place something was. As it has been working forever. Not that you could attack ground with it. Thats BS...
5 Feb 2015, 01:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'll be devils advocate here and say that OKW equivalent never had any negative effects to begin with.
Oh well, no more floating 700+munis when not building B-4.

Team weapons:
+0.5 armor
ATGuns, Mortars and heavy artillery: +50% extra damage
HMGs: +50% accuracy

Infantry:
+0.5 armor
+50% accuracy
+2 speed

Debuff for 60 seconds afterwards:

Infantry:
+50% received damage
0.66 accuracy
-1 speed

Team weapons:
+50% received damage
0.66 damage on ATGuns, Mortars and heavy artillery
0.66 accuracy on HMGs

I'm pretty sure they are not the same.
5 Feb 2015, 01:32 AM
Benefactor 115

target weakpoint change is dumb as shit, nacho managed to get it back to how it was pre WFA where it would just fire off one stun shot. Now I just activate this brainless stun-lock a tank ability. Goodbye quite a hefty amount of resources at the press of a button, something that this game DOESN'T need more of.
nee
5 Feb 2015, 01:43 AM

Were these changes at least demosntrated in the beta?

what is the decal system?>

Some War Spoils kind of feature. Only instead of bulletins it's cosmetic things like Stars and Swastikas.

So be prepared to get fifteen duplicate drops of one Decal and no drops for the ones that look cool.

-Removed the negative effects from Soviet "For Mother Russia!" Commander ability.

I know the answer.

NDA.
5 Feb 2015, 02:04 AM

About fucking time Relic! These bugs unfluence balance greatly and it will be good to test balance with a clean slate. Hopefully, no new bugs come to the surface!

target weakpoint change is dumb as shit, nacho managed to get it back to how it was pre WFA where it would just fire off one stun shot. Now I just activate this brainless stun-lock a tank ability. Goodbye quite a hefty amount of resources at the press of a button, something that this game DOESN'T need more of.

Agreed.
5 Feb 2015, 02:11 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Main question for the pak 40, can it double shot with the new TWP as in the reload being reset when the ability activates? If I'm looking at the numbers right, the pak 40 will still only ever get one TWP shot off unless vetted, maybe. To me it seems like the old TWP except now it's activated on press rather than selecting a target. Minimum fire-time after the first shot, unvetted is already over four seconds.

When I mean old, I mean before TWP began hitting the ground all the time.
5 Feb 2015, 02:13 AM
Patrion 28

i'm going to say that the patch was a good start and hope it gets a LOT better.
5 Feb 2015, 02:57 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

just tried the new TWP with a stolen pak on a panther and im not sure if i didnt kill said panther because the ability glitched and didnt fire a follow up shot or because the panther had slid behind a shot blocker...

All i did was panic-press TWP. Feels like another german get out of jail free card.

This patch is gonna suck for those that love allied medium armor.

5 Feb 2015, 03:41 AM

Did I miss something and Ostheer is competitiv again?

You seem to be in a pretty big panik just because an ability FINALLY works again. If I've read it correctly it just means it will hit now (and you can use it with attack ground). If its about attack ground ignoring smoke, maybe thats the first thing we should change for all factions...?
5 Feb 2015, 04:18 AM
Benefactor 115

yes it works again but its been highly buffed. effectively allowing you to stun lock a vehicle in place. It's bullshit.
5 Feb 2015, 04:33 AM

Forget balance issues, I just want my Ostheer P4s back. The P4J one's look so much worse.... What reason could they possibly have changed them?
5 Feb 2015, 04:39 AM

Found a Bug: When using ostheer's P4 variants Hull down has no visual effect.
5 Feb 2015, 06:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 00:48 AMCruzz

5 Feb 2015, 06:08 AM
Donator 33

With a 3.5-4.1 reload, how many shots is TWP actually getting given there is aim time, and also that it's usually engaged between shots.

At least the ability won't be wasted every time the target leaves vision for a fraction of a second.
5 Feb 2015, 06:19 AM

Holy jesus relic, how did all the 3 balance changes you did all happen to be completely retarded?

1. For mother russia buff - this is going to be insane
2. Pack howitzer nerf - why????
3. PaK 40 is now horribly OP, once again.....
5 Feb 2015, 06:29 AM
Patrion 14

Sooo b4 + mother russia and stug e + pak wall time it is :snfBarton:
5 Feb 2015, 06:53 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 00:23 AMCruzz
Ninja things:

Pack Howitzer Heat Barrage (vet2 barrage) range reduced by 10, lowered scatter. Added barrage cooldown decrease and range increase to default barrage on pack howitzer vet2 like for other attack types. AND NO LONGER GAINS HEAT ROUNDS FOR THE BASE ATTACK. Goodbye Pack Howitzer being useful, back into the trash heap with the LEIG and SU76.

As a Pack-Howitzer mega-enthusiast these changes sound like a buff to me. I never even realized the auto-fire was shooting HEAT at vet 2 to begin with but the cooldown reduction being moved to vet 2 will potentially be OP. It will give more of an incentive for me to build a 57mm though.

Do you know what is happening at vet 3 now that they moved cooldown and range to vet 2?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS