Login

russian armor

Why don't USF tanks have heavy crush?

3 Jan 2015, 19:38 PM
Donator 11

Often times the USF suffers very heavily from path finding issues. While this may be related to just code itself, often times I see Shermans and other USF tanks get stuck due to their lack of heavy crush. Old tank caucuses cause HUGE path finding issues making the units very hard to micro as well as keep alive. Does anyone else feel the same or am I the only one?
3 Jan 2015, 19:41 PM

Because the only thing that requires heavy crush are hedges and tank traps and USF doesn't have it, because they do not have heavy tanks?
3 Jan 2015, 20:35 PM

The only vehicles with Heavy Crush are Heavy Tanks (The Panther is classed as a heavy tank in-game so it has heavy crush, although it was classed as a medium tank IRL).
3 Jan 2015, 22:28 PM
Patrion 14

bulldozer sherman... does it have heavy crush? i think it should have it at least.
3 Jan 2015, 22:29 PM

what is the crush that the OKW truck has?
3 Jan 2015, 23:00 PM

bulldozer sherman... does it have heavy crush? i think it should have it at least.
The bulldozer does have heavy crush.
3 Jan 2015, 23:00 PM

It doesn't, in fact the plow doesn't even have collision.
3 Jan 2015, 23:02 PM

It doesn't, in fact the plow doesn't even have collision.
I could've sworn it did. I'm going to go double check.
3 Jan 2015, 23:03 PM

I could've sworn it did. I'm going to go double check.

I can say from experience it doesn't. I know this because once I spammed Tank Traps on Ettelbruck thinking I'd just be able to drive through them later. I was wrong, I restricted the enemy's movement but also sealed his flanks from myself.
3 Jan 2015, 23:15 PM

I can say from experience it doesn't. I know this because once I spammed Tank Traps on Ettelbruck thinking I'd just be able to drive through them later. I was wrong, I restricted the enemy's movement but also sealed his flanks from myself.
yup just tried it. It's pretty stupid not to have it considering it has an actual plow and no other american unit has it. It has far more right to have it then the panther.
4 Jan 2015, 00:47 AM
Honorary Member Badge

yup just tried it. It's pretty stupid not to have it considering it has an actual plow and no other american unit has it. It has far more right to have it then the panther.

No tank can crush tank traps in COH2. This goes for the KT, JT, IS2, all the other tanks that could crush tank traps in COH1, and the Bulldozer.

Heavy crush involves being able to drive over hedges like those found the centre of Langreskaya. The aforementioned tanks, and the bulldozer, can drive over these hedges.
4 Jan 2015, 00:59 AM

Oh, I didn't know that Tank Traps were separated from Heavy Crush.

Just another reason Axis should get Demolitions, no way to deal with Tank Traps.
4 Jan 2015, 01:15 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Oh, I didn't know that Tank Traps were separated from Heavy Crush.

Just another reason Axis should get Demolitions, no way to deal with Tank Traps.

Attack ground? They have so few HP.
4 Jan 2015, 01:26 AM

90 munitions to destroy a few free easy to destroy tank traps? That does not sound efficient. Shooting at it with a tank/AT gun and being stalled for 15 seconds gets you the same result.
4 Jan 2015, 01:29 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Attack ground? They have so few HP.

using attack ground instead of attack move on objects?
thats on teh same level as losing a kt on semoisky
4 Jan 2015, 02:17 AM

No tank can crush tank traps in COH2. This goes for the KT, JT, IS2, all the other tanks that could crush tank traps in COH1, and the Bulldozer.

Heavy crush involves being able to drive over hedges like those found the centre of Langreskaya. The aforementioned tanks, and the bulldozer, can drive over these hedges.
So tank traps can actually stop tigers and panthers? I might start using them more.
4 Jan 2015, 02:46 AM
Patrion 27

I think Shermans should get "tusks" as they called them at vet 2 granting them heavy crush.

4 Jan 2015, 03:04 AM
Donator 11

They should at least be able to run over a dead tank caucus
4 Jan 2015, 03:05 AM
Patrion 14

So tank traps can actually stop tigers and panthers? I might start using them more.

really really weak though. hp pool wise. i think that is why community defensive commanders were so unpopular even when it first came out (for free i believe). just attack move the trap and its gone faster than you can build them ffs.
4 Jan 2015, 03:24 AM
Patrion 27

Theybuffed the health of tank traps a while back.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 728

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight