Login

russian armor

Blobbing? - Remove the dragbox

28 Dec 2014, 22:33 PM

Problem with blobbing? Lets move the game to year 1994 and call it a balance derp!
28 Dec 2014, 23:00 PM

Taking away a control tool that has been essential since the dawn of RPS games can't be the solution.

Honestly, I think they should just make the received accuracy modifier in a squad change dynamically dependent on how many other squads are in close proximity. This would make blobs more vulnerable and would also make sense in terms of realism.
28 Dec 2014, 23:45 PM

Other good ideas:

Lets remove the guns from FPS
MMOs should be single player only
Mario shouldn't be able to jump anymore
29 Dec 2014, 00:21 AM

Lets remove the guns from FPS

I'm all for this, I'm sick of guns ruining my first person stabbers.
29 Dec 2014, 01:12 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm all for this, I'm sick of guns ruining my first person stabbers.

Knife OP. Doing 0HK and shit.
29 Dec 2014, 02:23 AM

Sorry but i think removing the box is not the solution. Maybe adding more splash damage to tanks could work.
29 Dec 2014, 03:30 AM
Donator 22

No way, shit idea. RTS standard
29 Dec 2014, 03:42 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2014, 02:23 AMMessi
Sorry but i think removing the box is not the solution. Maybe adding more splash damage to tanks could work.

"OMG that sherman with AP rounds keeps wiping my Vet 3 LMG grens in one HIT. WTF NERF"
29 Dec 2014, 03:52 AM

"OMG that sherman with AP rounds keeps wiping my Vet 3 LMG grens in one HIT. WTF NERF"

As if it's not already the case:rolleyes:
29 Dec 2014, 03:57 AM

MG damage could ramp up vs. blobs rather than suppression, might be a good option. maybe a slight suppression increase too.
29 Dec 2014, 04:05 AM

Lets just add shit pathing for infantry units^^
Like in SC one.
Starcraft 2 added better pathing, and its the reason they got deathballs.

Honestly, instead of such stupid Ideas, I would rather give troops a debuff when they are blobbed.

As I see it there are 3 ways to reduce blobbing:

1. Give them a direct debuff. We could call it whatever we want :D Not enough supply in the area, enemy shots will hit somebody, enemys get a moraleboost when being outnumbered, logistics or the chaincommmand get disturbed, whatever. But that would be pretty radical, and somewhat lazy.

2. Better options to deal with blobs/ greater risks with blobbing. This could be mortars who get cheaper flaming barrages, or generall bigger (and maybe weaker) aoe. Or better MGs. The biggest problem here, is to find the fine balance, where the units are specifically better against big blobs, not against everything.

3. More incentives to spread out. Mostly through mapdesign, or broader mechanic changes. For example maybe you get bonus ressources when you have a unit in a territory (enemy or friendly), but more than one in the same area gives no advantage. It could be a supply thing, lets say the upkeep gets reduced for 1 unit per sector?

1, would be the easyest solution, but not very refined.
2 would be relative easy, but will require some balancing.
3 is the most complicated, and would need the most balancing afterwards.

So I would just go for 2. Just buff some AOE units. Its relative easy, then the Meta will adjust, and you can balance it a bit.
29 Dec 2014, 04:32 AM

Like in SC one.
Starcraft 2 added better pathing, and its the reason they got deathballs.

Honestly, instead of such stupid Ideas, I would rather give troops a debuff when they are blobbed.

As I see it there are 3 ways to reduce blobbing:

1. Give them a direct debuff. We could call it whatever we want :D Not enough supply in the area, enemy shots will hit somebody, enemys get a moraleboost when being outnumbered, logistics or the chaincommmand get disturbed, whatever. But that would be pretty radical, and somewhat lazy.

2. Better options to deal with blobs/ greater risks with blobbing. This could be mortars who get cheaper flaming barrages, or generall bigger (and maybe weaker) aoe. Or better MGs. The biggest problem here, is to find the fine balance, where the units are specifically better against big blobs, not against everything.

3. More incentives to spread out. Mostly through mapdesign, or broader mechanic changes. For example maybe you get bonus ressources when you have a unit in a territory (enemy or friendly), but more than one in the same area gives no advantage. It could be a supply thing, lets say the upkeep gets reduced for 1 unit per sector?

1, would be the easyest solution, but not very refined.
2 would be relative easy, but will require some balancing.
3 is the most complicated, and would need the most balancing afterwards.

So I would just go for 2. Just buff some AOE units. Its relative easy, then the Meta will adjust, and you can balance it a bit.
No. 2 seems like the CoH1 mortar which I really liked. Big AoE, not enough damage to kill. At least it will scare the blobs away.
29 Dec 2014, 04:45 AM

I could see something like that working; just give the MG a suppression bonus vs. grouped units.

Basically, give each MG an "AOE" (invisible) that centers around where they are firing (easy to figure this out via bullet path). For every unit inside that AOE Oval (centered on the firing target, but stretched out behind and infront of the target), suppression increases by X.

As a result, if you try to run a blob of infantry through a choke-point (any of those "bridges" on semois), you'd end up with a huge number of units in that AoE-Oval, and as a result, suppression would be massive (I would be fine with Launch-MG42-With-Supression-Bulletin levels).

For gameplay, this would be good; it would stop blobs of death running right up to an MG. It would also make the MG an area-denial weapon, like it's supposed to be and re-introduce the clever placement of MGs. It also wouldn't be that tricky to beat, as simply flanking it, or spreading your units out (outside the AoE) would nullify it. Queue mine usage and proper support.

For realism, it just makes sense; if you're an MG-gunner, and you see a huge blob of guys in front of you (right in your direct LoS firing arch), you're going to hold down the trigger until the barrel melts and/or you run out of ammo. Against a single guy or two, you'd want to conserve ammo and fire in short bursts.

Alternatively, you could just give a movement and damage nerf (negative zeal, anyone?) to blobs. The guys at the back aren't going to be able to see/shoot anything, and the guys in the middle will have no idea where they're going.

29 Dec 2014, 05:23 AM

Control A + A + click, blobbing will still exist

Stupidest change ive ever heard.

Maybe u can also suggest changing everything's damage to 0 so everything is balanced.
29 Dec 2014, 05:58 AM

1. It's dumb idea as pointed by many :facepalm:

2. Vast majority of players doesn't, and never will have skills to micromanage their units. They find blobbing and :spam: the only possible and :banana: fun way to play. Forcing people to micromanage units will result in :( and >:( and :*(

I understand your frustration but Relic has to make game play appealing to everyone
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★