Login

russian armor

Lack of new playstyles

29 Dec 2014, 20:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

There is no smurfing, therefore nobody wants to test odd strats on their main account.
29 Dec 2014, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2014, 20:37 PMBudwise
There is no smurfing, therefore nobody wants to test odd strats on their main account.

I'm glad there is no smurfing. 4v4 is actually a decent place to try out new strats (as Axis :D). But the general lack of unique commanders and few stock units make any creative combination non-existant.
29 Dec 2014, 20:50 PM

Actually, there is.
Its extremely easy to do and is called Steam Family Sharing.
29 Dec 2014, 20:59 PM

Ladder>Fun
29 Dec 2014, 21:11 PM

Ladder>Fun

Rank>Ego>Dickyness>Spam>Call-Ins>Meta>Overused Doctrines>Fun>Non-Meta>Not Caring. :snfPeter:
30 Dec 2014, 01:16 AM

What are you talking about whole Automatch is smurf playground?

smurfing = hiding your true rank in order for unsuspecting players to engage into battle with far stronger enemy..

Anyone who plays automatch is smurfing, and having a team in team games automatch is equivalent to smurf noob stomping games...

Thats why I crack up laughing when Noun kept saying automatch is there and no custom lobby because they didn't want smurfing like in COH
30 Dec 2014, 05:05 AM

What are you talking about whole Automatch is smurf playground?

smurfing = hiding your true rank in order for unsuspecting players to engage into battle with far stronger enemy..

Anyone who plays automatch is smurfing, and having a team in team games automatch is equivalent to smurf noob stomping games...

Thats why I crack up laughing when Noun kept saying automatch is there and no custom lobby because they didn't want smurfing like in COH

i dont think you understand what smurfing is
30 Dec 2014, 05:41 AM

Smurfing = hiding your true rank in order for unsuspecting players to engage into battle with far stronger enemy..

Nope. Smurfing is when a skilled player goes uses a low level alternate account to get matches with people much lower rank, usually for trolling or for an easy win.
30 Dec 2014, 05:45 AM

I think I do, it just hurts your ego/feelings

or you think incognito dick slapping some unsuspecting person till they turn blue is cool?
30 Dec 2014, 05:48 AM

I think I do, it just hurts your ego/feelings

or you think incognito dick slapping some unsuspecting person till they turn blue is cool?
Rubbish. Smurfing is like how Mr.Someguy described it as.

30 Dec 2014, 05:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2014, 05:48 AMsteel
Rubbish. Smurfing is like how Mr.Someguy described it as.

I agree with Mr. some guy as well.
30 Dec 2014, 05:58 AM

just because you play automatch does not mean youre smurfing
30 Dec 2014, 06:02 AM

I think this thread should be titled "Lack of New Optimal Playstyles". You can definitely win with a variety of commanders and builds but ultimately there are just some strategies that are more optimal than others. For example, nothing is preventing American players from spamming RE instead of rifles and as Romeo has proved it is possible, albeit harder, to win that way. What we're talking about here is optimal strategies and those aren't all that varied in any RTS, particularly one that involves building a comparatively small number of units.
30 Dec 2014, 06:07 AM

Well I disagree.

I press automatch button, get matched up vs someone way less skilled. He has no idea what's in store for him because he thinks he got someone equal-ish skill wise.

Relic went to great lenghts to ensure that noob doesn't know my rank or cannot guess it.
And just in case he dosn't feel like being dick slapped instead of having fun, he cannot surrender until you troll and dick slapp him for 5 min or so.

Smurfing? not 100% exact, pretty damn close tho. Smurfers paradise with help from Relic (especially team games)

Whats your win ration 2v2 Lemon Juice? and how many close game achievements you got? not many I suspect

Please, At least you can be fair about it..
30 Dec 2014, 14:20 PM

Well I disagree.

I press automatch button, get matched up vs someone way less skilled. He has no idea what's in store for him because he thinks he got someone equal-ish skill wise.

Relic went to great lenghts to ensure that noob doesn't know my rank or cannot guess it.
And just in case he dosn't feel like being dick slapped instead of having fun, he cannot surrender until you troll and dick slapp him for 5 min or so.

Smurfing? not 100% exact, pretty damn close tho. Smurfers paradise with help from Relic (especially team games)

Whats your win ration 2v2 Lemon Juice? and how many close game achievements you got? not many I suspect

Please, At least you can be fair about it..
one.

well there's always the presumption that you will a fair match. the small playerbase means that it is difficult to get
30 Dec 2014, 14:44 PM

In an ideal world smurfing was done so someone could try new strats without the "opposition" seeing what they were trying and figuring out counters for any upcoming tourney. They would have to quickly level into high ranks though to see how this worked against skilled players. About a dozen people probably used it this way back when there were thousands of regular players.

In reality many more used it to hide their real ranks and wins so they could roflstomp others. Why? I don't know. Why did people back then sit in lobby games of Achelous, Scheldt, Lyon or Hochwald Gap with names like "Noob game" when they had 1000 games and a 10/1 win streak? (and how did they manage to lose those 1 in 10??)

If you were a noob and you somehow got matched against someone with officer rank you at least could gg and drop. Or ask for some pointers as you played. But running into a smurf wasn't fun and didn't teach you anything when the disparity in skills was so great.
30 Dec 2014, 14:48 PM

i feel like im derailing my own thread, but seems like people who smurf just enjoy the cheap and easy wins
30 Dec 2014, 15:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

In the final years of vCOH smurfing did not match you against lower level players, it took your highest account and matched you as if you were playing on it. Smurfing was useful for testing new unproven strats and to hone your skills without fear of prideposting or revealing an upcoming strat that you're working on. Of course it was annoying when certain people would remake their account after every game, but every plus has its minus.
30 Dec 2014, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2014, 15:56 PMBudwise
In the final years of vCOH smurfing did not match you against lower level players, it took your highest account and matched you as if you were playing on it. Smurfing was useful for testing new unproven strats and to hone your skills without fear of prideposting or revealing an upcoming strat that you're working on. Of course it was annoying when certain people would remake their account after every game, but every plus has its minus.

Thanks. I did not know that!

being a noob (particularly at that time!) I must have run up against the latter more than the former.

Or maybe I sucked so bad I didnt' realize the people who rolled over me were not too good themselves.

The noob stompers I get.... I don't understand it, but I get it. I don't get when a stack of decidedly good players who let a stack of noobs fill the side opposite them.
30 Dec 2014, 18:19 PM

Really?

Soviets have Urban Defence, Tank Hunters, Partisans, Soviet Industry and Defensive Commander.

All of which give you radically different abilities and next to no one wants to use them

If these commanders weren't outclassed by call in tank and other more effective cheese then people could actually expand their playstyle from rushing is-2 and t-34-85, resulting in a much more fun game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★