Login

russian armor

Lack of new playstyles

23 Dec 2014, 07:58 AM

I feel that the game is getting a little stale and boring due to the lack of strategic options. I play 4v4s which the general meta doesn't affect much, but even that mode is getting boring. There are very few commanders that actually alter the way you play. These include Close Air Support, Soviet Industry, Urban Defense, and maybe Joint Operations (for the arty and artillery officer). The small roster of nondoctrinal troops doesn't help as well. Overall it feels like every player is doing the same thing over and over choosing either Strategy A or Strategy B.
23 Dec 2014, 08:13 AM

I'd add that the commanders who do change up things are often extremely easy to defeat. (Specifically Urban defense, which has zero late game)
23 Dec 2014, 08:19 AM

the nature of human being is win.
Any other options in current meta can't help people to win.
23 Dec 2014, 08:23 AM
Benefactor 392

Last 4v4 i played it was 30 minutes in i did not make a single tank, won the game because we had more infantry then tanks
23 Dec 2014, 08:32 AM

Last 4v4 i played it was 30 minutes in i did not make a single tank, won the game because we had more infantry then tanks

Axis?
23 Dec 2014, 08:59 AM

The players are doing the same things because you lose if not.
That's the sad thing about CoH2. Factions mostly depend on 1 or 2 tactics to have a chance to win against decent players.

It's not that hard on axis sides but on allies. Axis can play some different ways but US has to blob because it's the most promising thing to do while Sov need their Call In units because their standard stuff sucks.

Sadly it's blobbing most of the time as OKW aswell though their units have so much potential for different strategies. But people want to win so they blob because that's the easiest way to win.
23 Dec 2014, 13:20 PM

Permanently Banned
Axis in 4v4 can do what ever they want.

I love spammimg my 17 minute KT's or just spamming brummbars

its tough for allies. few strats work. kv-2 spam can be fun sometimes

my issues is mainly that axis can bring a match into the late game and the fun increases.

the complete opposite for allies

As Sov, stick to ur guard mortor ans shock rifle

As USF go airborne, until that pershing and rangers come :megusta:
24 Dec 2014, 00:35 AM
Benefactor 392

Axis?

allies, because USF has godly awesome AT guns. I'm not joking.
24 Dec 2014, 00:44 AM

Relic should create more commanders that offer radically different playstyles. THings that come to mind are tank riders for the Soviets, an air power commander for the USF, and other special commanders.
24 Dec 2014, 05:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Really?

Soviets have Urban Defence, Tank Hunters, Partisans, Soviet Industry and Defensive Commander.

All of which give you radically different abilities and next to no one wants to use them
24 Dec 2014, 06:26 AM

you dont read carefully
24 Dec 2014, 06:47 AM

Really?

Soviets have Urban Defence, Tank Hunters, Partisans, Soviet Industry and Defensive Commander.

All of which give you radically different abilities and next to no one wants to use them

You're right, but they're all terrible because of how awesome Axis non-doctrinal hardware is and how crap Soviet non-doc is...
24 Dec 2014, 06:54 AM

You're right, but they're all terrible because of how awesome Axis non-doctrinal hardware is and how crap Soviet non-doc is...

You are aware of the fact that you can't make Soviet non-doctrinal hardware as "awsome" as Axis aren't you? Because then you will have to change all those excellent soviet doctrines and transform them into "no go" doctrines. Like, mmm .... german infantry doctrine.... storm doctrine.... and so on.... further, you will have to accept completely useless "doctrinal abilities" like "ambush camo".... "tactical movement"...."mechanized grenadiers/pgrenadiere group"... and so on.
24 Dec 2014, 06:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2014, 06:54 AMJohnnyB

You are aware of the fact that you can't make Soviet non-doctrinal hardware as "awsome" as Axis. Because then you will have to change all those excellent soviet doctrines and transform them into "no go" doctrines. Like, mmm .... german infantry doctrine.... storm doctrine.... and so on.... further, you will have to accept completely useless "doctrinal abilities" like "ambush camo".... "tactical movement"...."mechanized grenadiers/pgrenadiere group"... and so on.

you realize that Soviets have their own set of terrible doctrines?

Axis have good nondoctrinal units and some good commanders as well
24 Dec 2014, 06:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2014, 06:57 AMNinjaWJ

you realize that Soviets have their own set of terrible doctrines?

Not as much as ostheer, i'm sorry.
24 Dec 2014, 07:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2014, 06:59 AMJohnnyB

Not as much as ostheer, i'm sorry.

debateable, but i would rather have solid nondoctrinal options and then commander stuff as bonuses than what Soviets currently have
24 Dec 2014, 07:28 AM

"ambush camo"

killer of snipers, also try mg 42 arp rounds with first strike bonus from camo.

"tactical movement"

how sprint on shreck pgrens could be useless?

"mechanized grenadiers/pgrenadiere group"

Super situational, but nonetheless very hight impact ability

Generally, balance in 4v4 so broken that Axis can play without doctrines and have good pool of reactionary builds while for Allies it shrink to b4+mark target isu+is2+usf inf/airborne and same double t2 maximspam+t1 units for kubel counter snipers and flamers+classic usf riflespam into jacksons and situational scotts.

Relic should release new USF commanders, which will make double or even triple usf playable for something more than 15 minutes. Allied war machine, rangers and other juicy stuff.
24 Dec 2014, 07:36 AM

What USF needs, if Relic will not buff them in any way, is some doctrinal changes that would assure them more air support. It's not realistic for USF to have one air strike in one doctrine. They should have in almost every doctrine an air strike. Preferably an AT one.
24 Dec 2014, 08:33 AM

The reason for the lack of new playstyles is most of them don't work, unless you're better than you're opponent in which case they're great for gimmick-strategies. Earlier as Ostheer I tried to go T3 vs USF, didn't work at all. StuG's and Panzer IV's proved to be way too fragile with Jacksons around, and I gave up and called in a Tiger tank, because that's what works.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 38
Germany 748
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak