Login

russian armor

Moderation in Game

22 Dec 2014, 06:45 AM

Why is there moderation in this game? its and M (mature) rated game. Kids/people that cant see those words shouldnt be playing the game. Its swearing the automated voices in the game swear. They should have to get rid of those too if there going to do it right. This game is so fisher price its unbelievable.
22 Dec 2014, 08:13 AM

I m 26 and I dont wanna see losing people swear. They can swear theirself using their mouth not using keyboard..
22 Dec 2014, 08:21 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

:snfQuinn: it up, you :snfQuinn:ing :snfQuinn:. If the :snfQuinn:ing moderation bothers you so :snfQuinn:ing much why don't you go :snfQuinn:ing run to your :snfQuinn: of a :snfQuinn::snfPeter: and :snfQuinn:ing :snfQuinn: to someone who might actually give a :snfQuinn:ing :snfQuinn: of a :snfPeter::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfBarton::snfCHVGame:
22 Dec 2014, 08:29 AM

:snfQuinn: it up, you :snfQuinn:ing :snfQuinn:. If the :snfQuinn:ing moderation bothers you so :snfQuinn:ing much why don't you go :snfQuinn:ing run to your :snfQuinn: of a :snfQuinn: :snfPeter: and :snfQuinn:ing :snfQuinn: to someone who might actually give a :snfQuinn:ing :snfQuinn: of a :snfPeter: :snfQuinn: :snfQuinn: :snfBarton: :snfCHVGame:
Too much swearing in one post. Mods!:snfCHVGame::jk:
22 Dec 2014, 08:47 AM

Optional is good, and I would also like a complete hide chat feature.
22 Dec 2014, 08:50 AM

Gotta say I love the gardening censorship.
But yeah you're right, an option to enable/disable the moderation would be nice.

But come on! Isn't it the best feeling when you own your enemy and he calls you a motherflowering cheater :D
22 Dec 2014, 14:39 PM

I would just like the option to turn chat off entirely.
22 Dec 2014, 14:52 PM

Why are people upset about this gardening bot - moderator? I find it funny. You are winded and want to write something "nice" to your opponent and... surprise! :D. This is funny. Curses have now a new meaning. They are even cute.
22 Dec 2014, 15:02 PM

Permanently Banned
There should absolutely be an option to enable/disable the chat moderation. Yes, I find it funny, but I simply find it incredibly hypocritical to have an M-rated game (as it is known here in USA) which contains a GRATUITOUS amount of profanity:

"Kick their fucking teeth in!" - USF Paratrooper
"To the last fucking man!" - Ostheer Grenadier
etc...

Yet the developers feel the audience which consumes the product they create should be moderated more strictly than their own voice actors/in-game characters. It's honestly very scumbaggish.

"Here guys, play this game about war, death, blood and violence with profanity, but you can't swear for yourself :)" - Quinn and Cynthia trolling CoH community

:facepalm:
22 Dec 2014, 15:43 PM

I agree with sneakking, there's some serious cognitive dissonance in the game right now because of the chat censorship. I don't mind seeing people use existing words to display whatever it is they're feeling during that time.

Relic wants to moderate the chat? Keep an eye on actual threats or serious attempts at abuse. If someone just constantly keeps launching swear words over and over and over again without even playing the game, do something about it. Someone wants to pepper in a sentence with a word EVERY unit in the game shouts in my ear on a constant basis? LET THEM.

Or maybe I'm just playing this game wrong now. I should put my pinkie up and sip on a cup of tea, and as another one of my units screams that his leg is missing and that a Sherman needs to "fucking move", I should comment in chat, "Gentlemen, how very droll."

Look, I get what Relic is trying to do. But doing it with an M-rated game with this much focus on the language? Feels real forced and rather strange.
22 Dec 2014, 16:08 PM
Patrion 14

Chat moderation should be a switch on / off option, not a nanny-knows-best imposition in a mature-rated game with plenty of swearing.

I'm sure I'm not the only person to get pissed off about being told not swear by a fucking chat program.
22 Dec 2014, 16:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2014, 14:39 PMboc120
I would just like the option to turn chat off entirely.

Agree 100%. Changing curse words does nothing to prevent actual harassive players. A squelch option for these kinds of people, or simply an option to completely turn of chat would be welcome.
22 Dec 2014, 16:11 PM

^This, if people are offended or something they can send the replay where they were verbally "abused" to relic and then they can give a warning/ban to the guy.
22 Dec 2014, 16:59 PM

Permanently Banned

Agree 100%. Changing curse words does nothing to prevent actual harassive players. A squelch option for these kinds of people, or simply an option to completely turn of chat would be welcome.

Not to mention that the censor is easily avoidable by simply misspelling the words. I'm pretty sure most people will be able to figure out what a "fcking idiiot" is.
22 Dec 2014, 17:00 PM

Not to mention that the censor is easily avoidable by simply misspelling the words. I'm pretty sure most people will be able to figure out what a "fcking idiiot" is.
Couldn't figure it out. Explain? :snfBarton:
22 Dec 2014, 17:05 PM

Permanently Banned
Also, double post, but WHY IS "IDIOT" CENSORED? IT'S NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO PROFANITY.

Relic, if people being called "idiots" is such a problem that it has to be censored maybe that's the fault of the game that prevents people from fully excising their full intelligence, which results in them being called idiots, and not the person who is calling them that name.

Besides, there are literally hundreds of words that replace "idiot", mean the same thing, but aren't censored.
Nincompoop.
Moron.
Imbecile.
Dumbass.
Retard.

Relic clearly cares more about being politically correct than it does making a good functional game.
22 Dec 2014, 17:14 PM
Coder Red Badge

It's silly, it should be opt-in, just like it was in CoH1. Best of both worlds.
23 Dec 2014, 01:54 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Also, double post, but WHY IS "IDIOT" CENSORED? IT'S NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO PROFANITY.

Relic, if people being called "idiots" is such a problem that it has to be censored maybe that's the fault of the game that prevents people from fully excising their full intelligence, which results in them being called idiots, and not the person who is calling them that name.

Besides, there are literally hundreds of words that replace "idiot", mean the same thing, but aren't censored.
Nincompoop.
Moron.
Imbecile.
Dumbass.
Retard.

Relic clearly cares more about being politically correct than it does making a good functional game.

Thanks for noticing that those words aren't still on the blacklist. We will divert resources so this issue gets fixed as soon as possible.
-Relic-

While it should be optional, i found it interesting how people care more about the chat than the game :D
23 Dec 2014, 03:09 AM

there should be an option to disable the chat moderation, but the people who want there to be no filters are probably the ones flaming others while in-game
23 Dec 2014, 15:39 PM

Who are they trying to protect with the censors?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★