Login

russian armor

Patch 08/12/14

PAGES (11)down
9 Dec 2014, 22:08 PM

If my game is installed in the windows drive (C:\), should I defrag it to get better performance?

Only if you have a mechanical disk (HDD), if it is an SSD it gives zero performance boost and might lead to shortening of the lifetime of the drive (if defrag is done often)
9 Dec 2014, 22:21 PM

9 Dec 2014, 22:33 PM

This patch has increased my in game frame rate increased by about 4-5%, not bad. There is less lag spike also. Overall smoothness of gameplay feeling is better.

Thanks Relic.
9 Dec 2014, 22:42 PM

By the way, JT 30sec ability is broken as garden! Sometimes at the beggining or at the end of the ability Jadgtiger can shoot 2 shells in 1-2secs.
9 Dec 2014, 22:43 PM

I think people are mostly just upset because we were told they would be returning to balance patching, and they did not.
9 Dec 2014, 23:40 PM

I think people are mostly just upset because we were told they would be returning to balance patching, and they did not.

10 Dec 2014, 08:21 AM
Patrion 28

If my game is installed in the windows drive (C:\), should I defrag it to get better performance?

not if you have a SSD or windows vista or newer.

also, NVIDIA users, are your drivers up to date and do you have SLI?
10 Dec 2014, 08:43 AM

This patch has increased my in game frame rate increased by about 4-5%, not bad. There is less lag spike also. Overall smoothness of gameplay feeling is better.

Thanks Relic.

Performance fix, checked. Bravo, Relic! Pleeeeeeease don't change this with a new patch that would screw performance again. I am the UNhappy user of an Nvidia vid card, and it really seems, like someone said before, that the game hates Nvidia video cards. I don't think my GTX 570 it's that bad, it runs perectly on other games. It doesn't matter anymore though. I am waiting for my new R9 280 x these days....:hyper:
10 Dec 2014, 09:41 AM

not if you have a SSD or windows vista or newer.

also, NVIDIA users, are your drivers up to date and do you have SLI?

Yes I keep my drivers up to date with Geforce experience, as soon as a new WHQL driver is out I update. I don't run SLI just the single GTX 580. However one of my CoH 2 mates runs SLI, but disables it before launching CoH 2, not surprisingly he gets the pink vehicles and transparent houses bugs the most often, even with SLI disabled. Don't think the drivers are to blame, because Nvidia can't do much on their end, CoH 2 is not their product, it's up to Relic to work with Nvidia on tailored drivers for a solid performance increase and an SLI profile.

Just had a couple of games last night and I did notice a solid FPS increase and overall smoothness, FPS were in the 50-60 range in 1v1s at high textures, medium image quality, low AA, high setting for Snow, high setting for physics,Ambient Occlusion at 1920x1200. Need to test some more just to rule out the placebo effect. Also need to test on 4v4s as my average FPS was 30 and as low as 15-20 when things got hectic.

So far good patch!
10 Dec 2014, 09:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2014, 09:41 AMFrencho

Yes I keep my drivers up to date with Geforce experience, as soon as a new WHQL driver is out I update. I don't run SLI just the single GTX 580. However one of my CoH 2 mates runs SLI, but disables it before launching CoH 2, not surprisingly he gets the pink vehicles and transparent houses bugs the most often, even with SLI disabled. Don't think the drivers are to blame, because Nvidia can't do much on their end, CoH 2 is not their product, it's up to Relic to work with Nvidia on tailored drivers for a solid performance increase and an SLI profile.

Just had a couple of games last night and I did notice a solid FPS increase and overall smoothness, FPS were in the 50-60 range in 1v1s at high textures, medium image quality, low AA, high setting for Snow, high setting for physics,Ambient Occlusion at 1920x1200. Need to test some more just to rule out the placebo effect. Also need to test on 4v4s as my average FPS was 30 and as low as 15-20 when things got hectic.

So far good patch!

Run the performance test in your game graphic settings. Also, in your Geforce Experience tool you should have a tab with supported games. Your video card will recognize the game and Geforce Experience will recommend you the best settings. Don't chose those settings entirely though, they will recommend you verry low settings in general, you can modify 1-2 settings. You have a good video card, but 500 generation from Nvidia doesn't "know" as much as newer generations "know" so you may have the surprise that a video card like 760 for instance to run the game far better than your current video card, even if it's "60" type and yours is "80". About one year ago, Nvidia issue a driver for COh2 though, that increased performance with 15% for 500 series, so they can do more but of course Relic has its role.
While running the performance test in game, I aalways keep eye on MINIMUM frame rate. That is the most important, and it should not drop under 30 if you want game running smoothly and not have surprise with one command that wasn't recorded.
10 Dec 2014, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2014, 09:54 AMJohnnyB

Run the performance test in your game graphic settings. Also, in your Geforce Experience tool you should have a tab with supported games. Your video card will recognize the game and Geforce Experience will recommend you the best settings. Don't chose those settings entirely though, they will recommend you verry low settings in general

Not really, they are in general too high.
10 Dec 2014, 10:08 AM

After testing it yesterday I can say that overall performance is better for me. However those lag spikes seems worse when they hit. For me it's like every second game.

Also I dropped out from one game which hasn't happened in so long. It was Relic server error or so.
10 Dec 2014, 10:17 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2014, 09:41 AMFrencho

So far good patch!

ok, then this relates to him and not you.

around 6 months ago NVIDIA introduced a bug with CoH2 to SLI systems that caused texture corruption. It took a couple of months but i worked with them and got it fixed so your friend can leave SLI on and it will have no negative affects, the game never used it anyway.

as for the pink, it's either a missing texture or texture corruption. i have no idea what causes it, i've seen it once or twice and not recently.
10 Dec 2014, 10:54 AM

Not really, they are in general too high.

Yes, you're right, but for my "battlestation" :) it's different. Game runs ok with settings a little more higher than Geforce Experience recommends.
10 Dec 2014, 16:57 PM

does anybody know if they further nerfed the ISU with this patch?

I tried to use it a couple of times to check it out and this thing misses 2 out of 3 times. I thought it was me but I had a game earlier today and today my teammate got 2 of them I dont think he managed to got more than 10 kills before losing them.

Also performance is back to what it was before the WF so kudos for that.
10 Dec 2014, 17:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2014, 16:57 PMmrako

I tried to use it a couple of times to check it out and this thing misses 2 out of 3 times. I thought it was me but I had a game earlier today and today my teammate got 2 of them I dont think he managed to got more than 10 kills before losing them.

Decreased the mid AOE damage of the high explosive shell from 0.3 to 0.25
Decreased the near AOE distance of the high explosive shell from 1.5 to 1.25
Decreased the mid AOE distance of the high explosive shell from 3 to 2.75
Decreased the penetration of the high explosive shell from 260-200 to 90-30
Removed ability that allows ISU to transform into
Decreased the deflection damage of the high explosive shell from 80 to 40 damage
Increased accuracy on the armor piercing shell from 0.025/0.0375/0.05 to 0.03/0.0425/0.055
Decreased the AOE radius of the armor piercing shell from 6 to 1.5
Decreased the near, mid, and far AOE distance of the armor piercing shell from 4.5, 3, 1.5 to 1.125, 0.75, 0.375

Need Cruzznotes to be sure but no nerfs in accuracy department.
10 Dec 2014, 18:05 PM
Donator 11

This patch was like getting coal for Christmas =(
The preference increases have been negated by the lag spikes and other issues.
10 Dec 2014, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2014, 17:49 PMRupert

Decreased the mid AOE damage of the high explosive shell from 0.3 to 0.25
Decreased the near AOE distance of the high explosive shell from 1.5 to 1.25
Decreased the mid AOE distance of the high explosive shell from 3 to 2.75
Decreased the penetration of the high explosive shell from 260-200 to 90-30
Removed ability that allows ISU to transform into
Decreased the deflection damage of the high explosive shell from 80 to 40 damage
Increased accuracy on the armor piercing shell from 0.025/0.0375/0.05 to 0.03/0.0425/0.055
Decreased the AOE radius of the armor piercing shell from 6 to 1.5
Decreased the near, mid, and far AOE distance of the armor piercing shell from 4.5, 3, 1.5 to 1.125, 0.75, 0.375

Need Cruzznotes to be sure but no nerfs in accuracy department.

.....aaaaaandddddd nerfs to everything else :lolol:
10 Dec 2014, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2014, 16:57 PMmrako

yes i would like to know if it got more nerfed even after ninja change
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 1
United Kingdom 169
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L