Login

russian armor

A new way to think of Obsersoldaten.

30 Nov 2014, 10:13 AM

More like, wrong way to think of obsersoldaten[sic].

Obersoldaten are elite long-range infantry with high dmg output, nothing more or less.

Think about it.
30 Nov 2014, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 10:13 AMRupert

Obersoldaten are elite long-range infantry with high dmg output, nothing more or less.

Think about it.

-29% received accuracy at Vet 0 and that only gets higher with vet, means they are more than elite long-range infantry with high dmg output, they also laugh at long range small arms fire. It's funny to watch the Allied units try and hit these squads especially with the vet bonuses.

-29% plus the -40% or -50% from retreat and you can imagine how low the accuracy of Allied small arms will be.

To wipe them out you are going to have to blow them up, that's why you see so many ''I lost my high vet squad to a 1 shot explosion'' and why Russians are known for ''cheese''. That's how you wipe axis squads at that point, intended by relic or not.
30 Nov 2014, 13:52 PM

I personally think that Obers are killing as fast as they should I like seeing enemy units getting cut down to pieces from a machine gun it just makes coh look and feel more realistic.

The real problem is the other units are not killing as fast they should. Don't touch the obersoldaten, buff the other small arms.

*steel aprroved*

inb4 Unit preservation is number one, fast killing units are not allowed.
30 Nov 2014, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 10:13 AMRupert

Think about it.

With the way that damage is distributed they could be just as well called T-1000 sniper squad.
30 Nov 2014, 13:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 13:55 PMKatitof

With the way that damage is distributed they could be just as well called T-1000 sniper squad.
They're not shapeshifting though. :P
30 Nov 2014, 14:21 PM

Also it's funny if you think about having to have this fragility added on, I get what you guys are saying but does that mean the Russian sniper isn't a sniper because it's harder to kill than the OST sniper. It's a semi-joke, Obers are a 4 man squad with one guy with an mg34 which is as lethal as a sniper.

Russian sniper is to OST sniper what Obers are to Russian sniper.
30 Nov 2014, 19:21 PM

I always preferred to think of them as Walking KV8s. Thats what I called them on release when they were EVEN STRONGER and everybody was saying they were fine....good times.
1 Dec 2014, 10:03 AM

Yeah I always thought of them as 'human vehicles' as well, only they don't have a fuel cost. Maybe they should get one, it can't be cheap to keep shipping in what little veterans you have left from all corners of Europe.
1 Dec 2014, 20:21 PM

I prefer the Obers as they are right now. I just like the idea of paying for LMG upgrade comparable to Paratroopers. Somehow, I always think of the Paratroopers equivalent to Obers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★