Login

russian armor

Ninja Changes - Post findings here

18 Nov 2014, 04:12 AM

Is the fuel cost for the jagd still the same?

So the Jagd is only operational on desert maps where there are no mountains around.

WE NEED DESERT MAPS RELIC

Unit is fine.. still rapes tanks, but now you won't be able to just hide behind a wall or forest all day. Plenty of good maps to still use it on. I think the ISUs aoe damage got adjusted a bit too after testing it out a little
18 Nov 2014, 04:15 AM

I tested it and I've found two issues, one minor and one existing but exacerbated. But first I want to state that Concrete Piercing Round functions exactly the same regardless of what you have loaded.

1. The ISU no longer aims the gun, instead it points forward and shells just curve-ball their way to where it was aiming. Looks funny, but it's only a cosmetic issue.

2. Concrete Piercing round can be fired instantly after an HE or AP round, this is exacerbated with AP allowing you to hit a tank, then follow-up with another hit immediately after.
18 Nov 2014, 04:20 AM

I tested it and I've found two issues, one minor and one existing but exacerbated. But first I want to state that Concrete Piercing Round functions exactly the same regardless of what you have loaded.

1. The ISU no longer aims the gun, instead it points forward and shells just curve-ball their way to where it was aiming. Looks funny, but it's only a cosmetic issue.

2. Concrete Piercing round can be fired instantly after an HE or AP round, this is exacerbated with AP allowing you to hit a tank, then follow-up with another hit immediately after.

ISU has always been able to fire concrete round right after a normal round - it has been a bug for a long time unfortunately.

As I was saying in the shoutbox though - if this ISU is the one Relic had us testing on the balance servers these changes for the ISU and the JT are hugely welcomed. The ISU should now rarely, if ever, 1 shot a full health squad. I'm sure it'll happen every once in a while to some bad RNG or being hella clumped up but it certainly isn't going to be wiping 10+ squads per game as it does now.
18 Nov 2014, 04:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2014, 04:12 AMNinjaWJ

Unit is fine.. still rapes tanks, but now you won't be able to just hide behind a wall or forest all day. Plenty of good maps to still use it on. I think the ISUs aoe damage got adjusted a bit too after testing it out a little

Haha baby is happy the JagdTiger got nurfed. I never used it. Too slow and easily flankable.

A jagdpanzer is all you need. "displace, displace dammit!"
18 Nov 2014, 04:29 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2014, 04:20 AMCieZ
...The ISU should now rarely, if ever, 1 shot a full health squad...

That would be really great news, and finally (maybe) end the annoying late game meta.
18 Nov 2014, 04:39 AM
Patrion 15

From a realism standpoint, HE shells doing no damage to tanks is concerning.

From a gameplay perspective, it sounds like an awesome change. I'll have to spam ISUs just to test it.

I guess it needs more testing and experience from other players too because I played another game and the HE round did a ton of damage to a tank :huh:
18 Nov 2014, 05:30 AM

^^ that's definitely not what you want...
18 Nov 2014, 05:45 AM

I was messing around with the ISU on some custom games and:

HE round functions like the old ISU vs infantry. Lots of damage but seems the squad wipe radius seems to be a bit smaller. Dos virtually no damage versus tanks

AP round either does better or the same as the old ISU round versus tanks. I wonder if someone has the numbers to confirm this?

Overall it is a good change.

EDIT: HE round seems to have high damage but low penetration.
Vaz
18 Nov 2014, 06:04 AM

I'm sure the HE round does do high damage to tanks. What it doesn't have is high penetration. This would likely work the same as the Sherman, which has a super low penetration for HE, but it is still able to penetrate sometimes. When it penetrates, it will do full damage. So if ISU damage is still 240, count on either nothing happening or nice chunk being taken out of target health.
18 Nov 2014, 06:12 AM
Donator 11

I dont understand why they didnt make ISU just have terrible accuracy vs Infantry. Its basicly a Artillery gun inside a assault gun... how could that be accurate? It should have average penetration against tanks and function as an artillery vs infantry... why does it hit like sniper?

I like that you have to micro and use abilities for it to be good however I find most people will still just have it on HE all the time and surround it with AT guns and mines.
18 Nov 2014, 06:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2014, 06:12 AMspajn
I dont understand why they didnt make ISU just have terrible accuracy vs Infantry. Its basicly a Artillery gun inside a assault gun... how could that be accurate? It should have average penetration against tanks and function as an artillery vs infantry... why does it hit like sniper?

I like that you have to micro and use abilities for it to be good however I find most people will still just have it on HE all the time and surround it with AT guns and mines.

I thought this would also solve a lot of problems. It would also make perfect sense... From 1000 meters away, what is easier to hit: a panther or a few soldiers? So shooting at targets super close would be successful, but at infantry at max range would be very difficult.
18 Nov 2014, 06:54 AM

The return of the Tiger Ace
18 Nov 2014, 06:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2014, 06:54 AMarmatak

Tiger Ace, really?

It's not like ISU was best counter to this anyway, so no.. I don't see that it's gonna make any big comeback. :D

But good changes, now I feel like leaving from work and go straight to automatch.. Oh well.
18 Nov 2014, 07:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2014, 06:12 AMspajn
[...]however I find most people will still just have it on HE all the time and surround it with AT guns and mines.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read these changes :D
18 Nov 2014, 07:00 AM

If you mean by that "no change for wehr and OKW will have to L2P and counter armor without super imba no brainer and with actual positioning" then you are right.
18 Nov 2014, 07:14 AM

Coincidentally, I just played a match with both an ISU and a Tiger Ace. Feel free to see how each one fared.

18 Nov 2014, 07:24 AM

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT :foreveralone:

:hyper: :banana:
18 Nov 2014, 08:01 AM

There will be so much russian tears on the forum :D:D:D
18 Nov 2014, 08:04 AM

what were the changes to tiger ace?
18 Nov 2014, 08:06 AM

Exactly what I was thinking when I read these changes :D

probably should switch to ap when you know there are tanks. HE is really bad at penetrating tanks, unless you are using your ISU strictly for AI duties
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 789
unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment