Login

russian armor

Shreks need long range accuracy nerf

30 Nov 2014, 23:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 21:11 PMButcher
1) I know what I´m talking about. I´m serious.

2) Pak and Jackson are different... one is a vehicle, the other one an AT gun. I´m confident even you know that. if you want to compare them (which really stretches it) I have to see a Pak driving off at the speed of a Jackson until I believe your statement.

3) Paks haven´t proven effective since the latest patch. I hardly use them. better invest in Schrecks. It´s ridiculous how people want Schrecks nerfed now. Sounds more to me like Ostheer isn´t allowed to have anti tank at all.

You arent using them right. Speed or no Speed both are defensive. One can be killed by a Panther with ease. The other cannot be killed at all by a Jackson and should be guarded by Grens with Fausts.

I am sure that many many more tanks have been killed by Pak guns since WFA then by Jacksons. If you cant use the Pak with its 100% Pen and better than Jackson DPS I dont know what to tell you. Face the pointy end at the tank :megusta:
30 Nov 2014, 23:26 PM

You arent using them right. Speed or no Speed both are defensive. One can be killed by a Panther with ease. The other cannot be killed at all by a Jackson and should be guarded by Grens with Fausts.

I am sure that many many more tanks have been killed by Pak guns since WFA then by Jacksons. If you cant use the Pak with its 100% Pen and better than Jackson DPS I dont know what to tell you. Face the pointy end at the tank :megusta:
I know how to use them... I´m rank 1 in 2v2 autoteam with Ostheer. Paks have failed me often... too often. They get off one shot and that´s it. Schrecks didn´t disappoint me however.
30 Nov 2014, 23:28 PM

Whoever says the pak40 is garbage has been spoiled.

It is still the best AT gun.

just like those people who say current jagdtiger is complete garbage
1 Dec 2014, 00:56 AM

Re: "useless paks", as Soviet I will always try to capture enemy paks. 
Enough said.
1 Dec 2014, 02:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 23:28 PMNinjaWJ

just like those people who say current jagdtiger is complete garbage

current jt is complete garbage, considering it price and the commander u have to choose (which limits ur access to other useful units)
1 Dec 2014, 02:34 AM

MG42s, 8cm mortars, PaKs....

All weapons that will immediately be stolen if I get the chance. I never see my enemy taking ZiS guns or maxims. Those are more useful as salvage apparently.
1 Dec 2014, 03:39 AM

MG42s, 8cm mortars, PaKs....

All weapons that will immediately be stolen if I get the chance. I never see my enemy taking ZiS guns or maxims. Those are more useful as salvage apparently.

Nailed it, Nailed it hard. I have NEVER seen a Axis player steal a 50 or a 57.
1 Dec 2014, 04:03 AM

Why are these threads being made? Its not youre saying anything new. Everyone including Relic knows this, yet does nothing about it.

Only one way to beat OKW retard blobs - blob them harder. Rifle+BARs, Lt., M20 (keep it alive!) and Airborne with LMGs, keep 1-2 M36s ready to come out when the Tiger/Panther arrives.

The game desperately needs Schrek nerf, viable Heavy armor counters for USF (that dont involve ONE commander, final power, 240 ammo use), and a slight dmg/suppression buff to MGs to dissuade the mega infantry blob meta.

But is Relic listening?
1 Dec 2014, 04:21 AM

Nerfing the long range accuracy, or, heck, anything to do with the Shrek would make this game so much more interesting. Combine it with CieZ's idea of making the mid-game longer and this would be incredible for the meta.
1 Dec 2014, 05:04 AM

Best way to nerf shrecks is to make shrecks unaffected by vet. Before units like volks have vet they have ok accuracy and misses long range shots.
1 Dec 2014, 05:09 AM

Best way to nerf shrecks is to make shrecks unaffected by vet. Before units like volks have vet they have ok accuracy and misses long range shots.

I like this idea, it makes shreks the same against light/med vehicles early game mid game and late game, they don't underperform early but they do overperform late.
1 Dec 2014, 05:31 AM

Schreks (esp on Volks) need an accuracy nerf so that OKW players actually invest in other hard vehicle counters. Right now, Obers counter infantry, Volk blob counters Tanks, and then the KT counters all. Absolute BS.

And while we're at it, can the OKW T3 building please be looked at? A 200 MP 80 Fuel building that the opponent has to invest all his resources on to destroy when it is aggressively positioned. What's even funnier is the fact that it can sight for itself. To actually have AT Guns fire at it reliably (without attack ground) you have to have it in sight. As soon as in Inf unit spots it, the flak gun starts shooting.
1 Dec 2014, 06:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2014, 05:31 AMKhan
Schreks (esp on Volks) need an accuracy nerf so that OKW players actually invest in other hard vehicle counters. Right now, Obers counter infantry, Volk blob counters Tanks, and then the KT counters all. Absolute BS.

Well part of the problem is that OKW doesn't any reliable vehicle counters early on, except the Panzerschreck. The Raketenwerfer is dreadful, the gun is short ranged and cumbersome with long aim times, while the crew is small and highly vulnerable. The Puma works against light vehicles but is fragile and struggles against medium tanks. And the Jagdpanzer IV is blind everywhere but its front end and has terrible accuracy, and must be supported (by Panzerschrecks) at all times because any flank is almost certain death.
1 Dec 2014, 06:35 AM

current jt is complete garbage, considering it price and the commander u have to choose (which limits ur access to other useful units)

What the hell?? The Breakthrough Doctrine is great
1 Dec 2014, 07:59 AM

What the hell?? The Breakthrough Doctrine is great

The Breakthrough Doctrine was great indeed, mostly because of the JT. jt is still the same tank, but with losing its ability to shoot through blocker it just doesn't justify the price of this tank considering the OKW's economy (JT's performance now depends a lot on the map). Breakthrough is still a good doctrine but that change definitely reduced its value significantly in comparison with other OKW commanders. Anyways, I believe there's another thread for this topic.
1 Dec 2014, 08:25 AM

(JT's performance now depends a lot on the map). Breakthrough is still a good doctrine but that change definitely reduced its value significantly in comparison with other OKW commanders. Anyways, I believe there's another thread for this topic.

That was one of the main problems with the JT. It was good on every single map, even on maps where it should've been at a disadvantage (urban or forested areas). Its ability to ignore shot-blockers made it OP in team games. It behaves more like the Elefant now, potent in certain environments and when supported.

Not all commanders can be equally valuable, although it should be that way. There are doctrines which can be useful in any circumstance and some niche ones that fit certain situations.
1 Dec 2014, 09:24 AM

That was one of the main problems with the JT. It was good on every single map, even on maps where it should've been at a disadvantage (urban or forested areas). Its ability to ignore shot-blockers made it OP in team games. It behaves more like the Elefant now, potent in certain environments and when supported.

Not all commanders can be equally valuable, although it should be that way. There are doctrines which can be useful in any circumstance and some niche ones that fit certain situations.

This is a shrek thread but with JT there is hardly a reason to inveset 430~ish fuel in JT anymore except langres maybe....

Shreks are potent but OKW has no anti-armor that does not wipe in to single sherman HE round that does not spend fuel....

Again, all results of a failed faction design.
1 Dec 2014, 09:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2014, 09:24 AMRupert

This is a shrek thread but with JT there is hardly a reason to inveset 430~ish fuel in JT anymore except langres maybe....

Shreks are potent but OKW has no anti-armor that does not wipe in to single sherman HE round that does not spend fuel....

Again, all results of a failed faction design.

Push idea to switch Panzer IV from Elite armor with King Tiger and you will have mid-game anti-armor ^_^

And btw, HE Sherman wipes really rare.
1 Dec 2014, 10:48 AM
Donator 11

That someone actually said they rather take shreks than paks is indication something is not as it should be.
1 Dec 2014, 11:08 AM

Poor raketen is main reason of shreck.To change one,change the other.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★