Login

russian armor

Found sth interesting

1 Nov 2014, 12:10 PM

This is quite old picture, but including some very nice new features,
if you choose guard army, you can have AT gun as base defensive structure.
For politruk, it is HMG, but for shock, it seems like you can have very cool radar, maybe airrecon support??

It is pity they give this up, otherwise it would be pretty fun
1 Nov 2014, 12:17 PM

Permanently Banned

This is quite old picture, but including some very nice new features,
if you choose guard army, you can have AT gun as base defensive structure.
For politruk, it is HMG, but for shock, it seems like you can have very cool radar, maybe airrecon support??

It is pity they give this up, otherwise it would be pretty fun

A faction with in-base defenses that prevents an early-game base rush? Nope, too OP for Soviets, only OKW can have this. :snfBarton:

Jokes aside, I don't see how this would be much help, since Soviets don't really struggle with enemy units entering their base (other than fast Luch to kill snipers). Would be cool though.
1 Nov 2014, 12:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Looks like only three doctrines were planned for initially, like coh1... or maybe 'armies' and commanders were separate entities which stacked? Who knows.

There's a lot of some interesting coh2 concept art available online, namely here:
http://davidchambersconcepts.blogspot.sg/2013/06/company-of-heroes-2-concept-art.html

of note is this soviet truck base concept, which got resurrected for the OKW:

1 Nov 2014, 12:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

how the hell did we end up with these ugly base buildings for ostheer and soviet then :(
1 Nov 2014, 14:07 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

how the hell did we end up with these ugly base buildings for ostheer and soviet then :(

Exactly! I mean I like the idea of the roughly build Ostfront Headquarters but those buildings that we have right now are really poor. I just miss the good old farmhouses which were turned into Headquarters.
1 Nov 2014, 16:12 PM

I like the first Ost building somehow because it goes into the ground. But it is simply too "simple". There is a chair in it and that's it. Great infantry company :D
1 Nov 2014, 18:29 PM
Patrion 14

After checking out that blog i really think SEGA screwed this up big time. That artwork is amazing!
EDIT: But i still enjoy playing this game :p
1 Nov 2014, 18:54 PM
Donator 33

After seeing the concept art there for the base structures, I wonder who was inhaling what unknown substance when both the Soviet and Wehrmacht bland holes in the ground adorned with logs won over the cool designs around the trucks. Only OKW have anything remotely eye candy as base units, and god forbid they even perform in game roles besides unit unlock/construction :loco:.
1 Nov 2014, 19:03 PM

I would like to think at the time they chose the current bleak base structures to represent hastily built forward HQs in the single player campaign.

But the USF/OKW base structures show that you dont need a pile of junk to represent your HQ...
1 Nov 2014, 19:15 PM

WHAT THE HECK SOME OF THIS ART LOOKS AWESOME!!! how did this not make it into the game? The soviet one looks great! Looks a lot better than the current Soviet design we have now....

1 Nov 2014, 19:28 PM

WHAT THE HECK SOME OF THIS ART LOOKS AWESOME!!! how did this not make it into the game?

Its easy-because its not axis concepts.
1 Nov 2014, 19:33 PM

Its easy-because its not axis concepts.

Slow down Katitof, you're becoming satire of yourself.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 41
unknown 27
Poland 13
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L