Login

russian armor

Soviet T1 unbeatable?

19 Oct 2014, 14:32 PM

I don't want to rage or flame or anything like that but I really ask myself how to stand up against the current T1 as axis.
OKW suffers against all units because IMO penals are ridiculously strong. Their additional two men just break the neck of the volksgrens.
M3 kills everything and uncaps your fuel and there is literally nothing you can do against it in the first few minutes (especially with flamer).
Snipers are snipers don't want to write anything because everybody knows how they are.
Is ist pure l2p or am I somehow right about T1 being a little bit OP?
19 Oct 2014, 14:37 PM

Their additional two men
:huhsign:

Just get a Luchs or Puma....or wait for the Volks until 90munis....

T1 seriously isn't that hard to kill
19 Oct 2014, 14:51 PM

You should be able to deal with Penals quite easily.

I love to use flamer m3 vs okw myself. Its so much fun...

Consider either getting a raketen or a Schreck.

Snipers are snipers. There is no real counter to them. Which is why they are so much fun vs OKW.
19 Oct 2014, 14:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Speaking from 2v2 view T1 is definitely the better tier than tier 2, but purely because of the snipers.
Penals fight the same way conscripts do; they have to close in but dont do any real damage unless they have flamers. Keep your distance and let them walk into your sturmpio.
M3 can terrorize you yes but as long as you screen your mgs with faust or your kubel with sturmpios he can't really push in and kill anything.
With okw your first munitions should always be a schrek which makes the m3 thinkg twice about going in.
lastly snipers, 1 sniper is no problem but double snipers is extremely hard to kill. we never really manage to kill the snipers against good players until lucky stuka/mortar shots or luchs flanks. I see it more as enduring in the beginning, keep your squads close together but soviet snipers are just stupid design with 2 men and sprint
19 Oct 2014, 15:03 PM

[...]penals are ridiculously strong. Their additional two men just break the neck of the volksgrens.

Katitof gonna love this thread.

Volks cost 235 while penals cost 270.
Volks are 5 man squad, penals - 6 man. "additional two men"?

Try to hold less than a half of the map, but keep your squads close enough to fend off that M3A1 armored car if it run into your guys.

Use kubel + sturmpios against penals.

Rush to puma or luchs because soviet T1 has absolutely no AT capabilities.
Luchs especially good against sniper spam while it is still capable to take down M3A1.

Watch for mines. Upgrade at least one minesweeper after you get your first panzerschrek.
Don't chase enemy with your light vehicles though obvious mining positions or places where you've spotted Combat Engineers before.

Fallschimjaegers is another great option against snipers, but they are somewhat map dependant.

EDIT: I should add that I've never played OKW :p
19 Oct 2014, 15:14 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@ OP

Any chance of putting up at least one replay, please? It makes it so much easier, if we can see what is happening
19 Oct 2014, 15:18 PM

If soviets go with Snipers, as OKW spam 5/6 volk squads and cap the map around them, tech to a quick Luchs and gg. Same as ostheer, go 5 Grens into a fast Ostwind/P4.

As Ostheer, vs M3/Penals, 4 Grens and MG42 into a scout car or Pak depending on map. Get LMGS and go to town.

As OKW, i'm not quite sure, have not played them enough, but a quick Flaktrack would help I imagine or just hold out with Volks/Sturms into shrecks and t4.

Hope that helps, :)

19 Oct 2014, 15:23 PM

Permanently Banned
penals are strong when used in coordination. with flames they can become really good.

survive the first 10 min. and ur good
19 Oct 2014, 15:37 PM

Guys I gotta apologise for my raging behavior creating this topic. Had a -15 streak and everybody knows how this feels I guess :D

But honestly I really think that the Penalspam against axis is a bit too strong. Maybe it's bad luck but I always wonder why they receive so little damage. My grens and volksgrens seem to lose against Penals in every distance. And a Penalsquad is never alone.
19 Oct 2014, 15:39 PM

It is true that a heavy T1 opening can pressure you really good, especially as Ostheer. Penals + M3 + snipers is hard to deal with, and usually it's followed up by Guards. Still, you only to hold out until T2, the 222 at least soft counters his entire lineup, and unless he goes T2 he has no solid AT for some time. If you can retake the map, a fast P4 can end the day. Plus, Penals don,t scale as wel as grens/PGrens, so a T1 opening sacrifices late game use for a hefty early game advantage. Resist the first 10 minutes and you're in a good position.

Of course, Soviet snipers are still bullshit, and T1+T2 into call-ins is broken. But T1 in itself is mostly fine.
19 Oct 2014, 16:25 PM

snipers being snipers, they dont shoot fast and are shooting at cheap 5 men squad which makes them difficult to force a retreat. spam them volks, baby sit your kubel and dont commit sturmpios. stick around the kubel to repair and fend off flanking m3s. they are still quite effective at rifle range.

good sturmpio play is key to early game. seen too many players committing sturmpios into the fray only to retreat after getting focused down and leaving the kubel open to m3 at the point when volks dont have schrecks yet.

volks match conscripts and penals well at range and are cheaper than both of them and kubels swings ranged infantry play heavily into okw favour, just need to keep ur guys together and support each other.

then go luchs to end the infantry contest and watch him scramble for AT weapons.
19 Oct 2014, 16:37 PM

:huhsign:

Just get a Luchs or Puma....or wait for the Volks until 90munis....

T1 seriously isn't that hard to kill

bro, what about GuardSSS strat? It's still unbeatable
19 Oct 2014, 17:06 PM

bro, what about GuardSSS strat? It's still unbeatable

or my variantion of it - the 4es SS . I have yet to lose a game with it.
19 Oct 2014, 17:26 PM

Guys I gotta apologise for my raging behavior creating this topic. Had a -15 streak and everybody knows how this feels I guess :D

But honestly I really think that the Penalspam against axis is a bit too strong. Maybe it's bad luck but I always wonder why they receive so little damage. My grens and volksgrens seem to lose against Penals in every distance. And a Penalsquad is never alone.

Everybofy tells you to use sturmpios and kubel, and you go on and on with your volksgrenadiers. Just listen to them, man.
19 Oct 2014, 17:34 PM

I think the Clown Car and Penal battalion can be dealt with quite easily.

Soviet Snipers are cheese.

Make a small mistake with the Ost Sniper = lost sniper.

Make a mistake with the Soviet Sniper = it has good chances to get away.

This isn´t even offset by the faster ROF of the German sniper. Situations where the Soviet snipers escape horrible situations are standard gameplay. It´s frustrating.

This situation is even worse in 2v2s, where you can hide them behind your teammate. Here your best bet is getting them with a lucky mortar shell.
19 Oct 2014, 18:00 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Replays please. :)

This theorycraft helps little, if not allied to a replay of what the poster perceives to be a problem, (when often, it is not)

I am bound to say that I think this thread would have been better placed in OKW strategies.

19 Oct 2014, 18:18 PM

or my variantion of it - the 4es SS . I have yet to lose a game with it.

please elaborate
19 Oct 2014, 18:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2014, 17:26 PMJohnnyB

Everybofy tells you to use sturmpios and kubel, and you go on and on with your volksgrenadiers. Just listen to them, man.

Haven't played again, lol.
And btw shall I always start with double Pio? No capping power ftw.
19 Oct 2014, 19:28 PM

Penals are prettty bad, they can do good damge with flamer.
T1 is pretty easy to counter with puma unless the enemy use guards.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 1
Germany 644

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak