Login

russian armor

Will they ever fix the kubel?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
12 Oct 2014, 11:42 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I highly commend ComputerHeat's cast between Siberian (OKW) and Aimstrong (SU), which included a double Kubel start.
12 Oct 2014, 11:52 AM

If Sib hadn't made the mistake of building wire while under fire, thus removing his Sturmpios from play, I'm not sure Aimstrong could have broken out with just Conscripts. Good play from Aimstrong though.

Still the Kubel isn't a huge problem vs Soviets (as both T1 and T2 have units that can chase it off), it's USF who get wrecked by it.
12 Oct 2014, 12:11 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

If Sib hadn't made the mistake of building wire while under fire, thus removing his Sturmpios from play, I'm not sure Aimstrong could have broken out with just Conscripts. Good play from Aimstrong though.

We're agreed at least that the SU can deal with the problem, played with flanking and stalling.

Still the Kubel isn't a huge problem vs Soviets (as both T1 and T2 have units that can chase it off), it's USF who get wrecked by it.

And TBH, is the tactic that different for the USF? You can access the M20 Scoutcar via Lt, and if necessary dismount the crew with a bazooka, or skip Lt and tech to the Captain quad, who are similarly equipped. The principal thing is to spread out, capture and stall, surely?
12 Oct 2014, 12:12 PM

Try a fast M20 (as you should always do as USF atm) - works wonders!
12 Oct 2014, 12:19 PM

Try a fast M20 (as you should always do as USF atm) - works wonders!

If by "works wonders" you mean "turns into smoldering wreck after meeting Puma that was already there due to loss of map control and OKW fuel advantage" then you are 100% right.
12 Oct 2014, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2014, 12:19 PMKatitof

If by "works wonders" you mean "turns into smoldering wreck after meeting Puma that was already there due to loss of map control and OKW fuel advantage" then you are 100% right.

L2P. use the m20 mines or vehicle crew to your advantage. if you can force an okw player to get the puma then that is a win. you do not want to deal with the luchs or obersoldaten before 10 minutes.
12 Oct 2014, 12:28 PM

The thing about the Puma is some kind of true, no doubt Katitof.
But in a somehow even early game (where you manage to cap points where the Kübelwagen is not) you get the M20 minutes before the Puma arrives.
If you you can get a M1 Howitzer or a Jackson.
(If I talk bullshit please ignore me I'm not the great US-player but my last 5 games went very well with this strategy)
12 Oct 2014, 12:44 PM

We're agreed at least that the SU can deal with the problem, played with flanking and stalling.

And TBH, is the tactic that different for the USF? You can access the M20 Scoutcar via Lt, and if necessary dismount the crew with a bazooka, or skip Lt and tech to the Captain quad, who are similarly equipped. The principal thing is to spread out, capture and stall, surely?

Yeah it is but it's very map dependant. On some maps the Kubel is that quick it can scoot around and deal with capping units in most spots, after all, it only has to deny the fuel and USF are at a disadvantage straight away.

Then it gets that bullshit OP ability that allows it to scout for incoming flanks at the insta click of a button absolutely free!

I'm sorry, but the Kubel doesn't need that ability and it should be removed or made 50 munitions per use and make it last for a short period of time. The Kubel should be nothing more than a scout vehicle capable of delivering enough damage to snipers to deal with spam from Soviets, OKW don't need a unit to deal supression when they have Sturm Pio's and Volks in green cover to focus down rifle squads. If anything give volks a slight damage buff with Kar 98's and then nerf Kubel into the ground, but give it sniper killing damage. Job done.
12 Oct 2014, 13:24 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2014, 12:25 PMJaigen

L2P. use the m20 mines or vehicle crew to your advantage. if you can force an okw player to get the puma then that is a win. you do not want to deal with the luchs or obersoldaten before 10 minutes.

WAT? Puma will LITERALLY come out around the same time as the m20.

Do the math. OKW get free tech. then puma is 70 fuel

USF (if u havnt got nade,BARS, or zooks) Will cost 50 fuel plus 20 for m20.

Bare in mind, u WONT have ur fuel due to Kubel Jesus

12 Oct 2014, 13:35 PM
Donator 11

WAT? Puma will LITERALLY come out around the same time as the m20.

Do the math. OKW get free tech. then puma is 70 fuel

USF (if u havnt got nade,BARS, or zooks) Will cost 50 fuel plus 20 for m20.

Bare in my u WONT have ur fuel due to Kubel Jesus

OKW has 66% fuel income. So at the time you got 70 fuel, he still only has ~46.
Besides the disadvantage of no healing for quite some time.
12 Oct 2014, 13:41 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2014, 13:35 PMkamk

OKW has 66% fuel income. So at the time you got 70 fuel, he still only has ~46.
Besides the disadvantage of no healing for quite some time.

The 66% fuel doesnt help ur agrument. U forget. that allies wont have thier fuel due to the kubel. OKW get free tech and nades.

In a team game with wehr helping. its GG
12 Oct 2014, 14:18 PM

Yup Puma comes waaaaay too early for how effective it is. Another thing wrong with OKW, plus with the truck that Puma comes in, you get to transfer muni to fuel, so meh.

Sorry Kamk, your argument doesn't hold up well.
12 Oct 2014, 14:53 PM

The kubel is simply broken. It compeletely slaugthers USF early game, and makes it impossible to fight in the mid-late game.

One way to fix it is to put the WC 51 at 0 CPs, that way atleast USF can go mechanized company and kill the kubel.

USF might need more units in T1 or a tier restructure if the kubel is to keep it's role of a T0 mobile suppresion unit, however.

12 Oct 2014, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2014, 14:53 PMBurts
The kubel is simply broken. It compeletely slaugthers USF early game, and makes it impossible to fight in the mid-late game.

One way to fix it is to put the WC 51 at 0 CPs, that way atleast USF can go mechanized company and kill the kubel.

USF might need more units in T1 or a tier restructure if the kubel is to keep it's role of a T0 mobile suppresion unit, however.

0 CP WC 51 isn't a good idea because in 1 vs 1 the Wehrmacht players will have much fun and it will change the USF to "go mechanized company or die".

In my opinion the Kübelwagen should be like the Motorrad in vcoh: a non-supression unit which is a cheap scout that supports MGs.
12 Oct 2014, 15:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

^^ ^^

Kettenkrad ;)
12 Oct 2014, 15:02 PM

0 CP WC 51 isn't a good idea because in 1 vs 1 the Wehrmacht players will have much fun and it will change the USF to "go mechanized company or die".

In my opinion the Kübelwagen should be like the Motorrad in vcoh: a non-supression unit which is a cheap scout that supports MGs.

This is what i suggest. Simply remove its suppresion, give it more damage on the move, and let it cap points.

The design flaws of the game are quickly becoming apparent, sadly.
12 Oct 2014, 15:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Bare in my
u WONT have ur fuel due to Kubel Jesus

Meaning what exactly?

12 Oct 2014, 15:07 PM

^^ ^^

Kettenkrad ;)

Kettenkrad - Panzerelite

Motorrad - Wehrmacht ;)
12 Oct 2014, 15:08 PM

I seriously don't mind the suppression, it's the fact it has basically zero set up time, and absolutely zero tear down time.

It should be scout, but if you want it in suppression mode, it should live by same rules as HMG's.
12 Oct 2014, 15:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2014, 14:53 PMBurts

Sadly the design flaws of the game are very quickly becoming apparent.

The best way would be to simply give the kubel a role change. It should become some thing like a jeep or bike copy from vcoh. Useful for scouting and hunting snipers (and pushing). And not much beyond that.

Have you ever considered that you are just a bad player. what works against the maxim works against the kubel play defensively and stay in buildings till the m20 arrives.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak