Login

russian armor

GrayHound Preformence

29 Sep 2014, 18:55 PM
Donator 11

I would just like to get peoples opinions on it. its a good counter to kubals but I feel like it comes out SUPER late and isn't that effective.

Anyone else feel like this unit could use a decrease in cp or something sort of buff
29 Sep 2014, 19:09 PM

Come too late and is completely useless outside of canister shot.

I like it, but not advise it.
29 Sep 2014, 19:13 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

it would be pretty ok if it did like 4x its current damage. Right now puma makes it look like a bad joke.
29 Sep 2014, 19:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 19:13 PMRomeo
it would be pretty ok if it did like 4x its current damage. Right now puma makes it look like a bad joke.

Well, it got exactly the same gun as Stuart and still does 50% of its damage. Upgunned 222 is a fair game against it, thats how bad default fire is.

Abuse canister shot or forget about the doctrine.

Adding smoke to it either as default or vet ability would go a LOOOONG way for the viability of this vehicle.
29 Sep 2014, 19:18 PM

I would be more than happy to see the m8 make a triumphant return. If it does receive a series of buffs I would like to see the canister shot removed or toned down. Abilities like that should not be in this game. It sucked back in vCoH and continues to do so here.
29 Sep 2014, 19:32 PM

I would be more than happy to see the m8 make a triumphant return. If it does receive a series of buffs I would like to see the canister shot removed or toned down. Abilities like that should not be in this game. It sucked back in vCoH and continues to do so here.

Yea this ability is retarded, fix the m8 performance and then remove it.

On a general note, I would not use this unit/commander against okw.
29 Sep 2014, 19:52 PM

The Greyhound is awful, I just looked at the stats, I'm not sure why this thing exists. I don't doubt Katitof's claim that a 222 will beat it.
29 Sep 2014, 20:18 PM

Problem is, its very similar to the M20 Utility Car but I feel like M20 is a better option. It doesn't have canister shot, but it is cheaper, available earlier, more survivable (thanks to smoke), has the amazing AT mine ability and even gives you a Bazooka squad for emergencies.

Abusing Canister Shot is OK, but you are pretty much relying on RNG at that point since if you don't get squad wipes, use of the ability isn't sustainable. Also, if Recon Support ever somehow became popular I'm pretty sure Canister Shot would be nerfed, since on its own it is kinda OP. Then again, they never really fixed it on the Stuart in CoH1, so...
29 Sep 2014, 20:24 PM

Shitty unit, shitty commander. End of story.
29 Sep 2014, 20:53 PM

It's not a shitty unit lol.
The canistor shot is sick.

But indeed, it comes a little bit too late.
29 Sep 2014, 21:26 PM

It's not a shitty unit lol.
The canistor shot is sick.

But indeed, it comes a little bit too late.

Where do you like to park yours when canister is on cooldown??
29 Sep 2014, 21:36 PM

could one of the number guys give me the stats for the greyhound vs the Stuart?. considering they come out at around the same time. greyhound 40 dmg Stuart 80 a shot is about all i can remember off the top of my head
29 Sep 2014, 21:40 PM

Well, the damage is pretty much main difference as they got similar survivability when M8 is upgraded(2 PaK or 3 shreck hits), except Stuart is actually useful against both infantry and vehicles and scales quite ok, while greyhound is completely useless when canister is on cooldown. Stuart also got better penetration, reloads faster and have more then twice the DPS of M8 that goes for both, main gun and coaxials.
29 Sep 2014, 21:54 PM

The M8 is slightly more accurate than the M5, but less than a T-70. The M5's shell is more damaging than the M8's and has 5 more penetration. The M5 has twice the damage, a larger area of effect, and a faster reload average.
and
29 Sep 2014, 23:03 PM

The M8 is a joke compared to the CoH1 version. What the fuck Relic, you wrecked this iconic vehicle.
30 Sep 2014, 04:33 AM

I don't know, some matches this things my MVP. mind you I don t really know the ranks of the people im fighting from them all scaling, from the OKW kubel buff. I do think it comes out too late for the strength of the unit itself. if you go t1, you got the m20 for mines, witch is a better investment so you have some sort of at snares or kills, as well as it comes much earlier. Going Captain first, you could manage to pump out a stuart before 3cps. (with building a fuel cache) in most cases. for the extra cp (xp) And the Stuarts pretty much better in every way, doesn't need an ammo upgrade to survive 3 hits, double the dmg of the m8.

Im always hard pressed to use it, but I personally love using this little beast, tied to a commander that isn't verry popular for multiple purposes, no late game
-no elite inf. (the less equipped versions of airborne[less wepons/skills] And RNG on your types of wepons)
-no tanks . but usf doesnt :p

now for some of the pros.
-Intel is the name of this commander, and you need to play its game to be effective
-vet 3 m8, has super vision. and speed.( I used this thing to block a Kt =D )
-Better in team games. info helps everyone. knowing where units are, if a tank is coming, etc.
-canister shot.. need I say more?
[after using canister shot alot. you learn the AoE of the shot alot better the guessing and praying to the RNG gods]
-One of the FASTEST artys in the game as far as I know , And its got a really small scatter (also known as best)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★