Login

russian armor

Hetzer coming? Ambush Assault Doctrine

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
3 Oct 2014, 02:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2014, 22:15 PMKatitof
I'd be surprised if it wasn't simply photoshopped.

Why?

Because grens shrecks make as much sense as giving penals mosin nagat upgrade-it simply makes none.

And yea, no source also means no creditability.

Don't know, having the choice to get shrecks on your basic infantry rather than the overspecialized double shrecks on the PGrens could be useful.
3 Oct 2014, 03:01 AM

It'd be more useful if they were an option for Pioneers.
3 Oct 2014, 05:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2014, 20:29 PMnigo
another FAKE:

That is an awesome doctrine!

I'd reinstall the game just to play that.
But because the community thought of it, Relic shan't ever do it.

Oh well... :(
nee
6 Oct 2014, 01:29 AM

I can't imagine how this would work with Ostheer: Panzergrenadiers can already get panzershrecks, so what's the point of giving Grenadiers the same ability as a doctrinal slot, even if it is alongside LMG?
The Hetzer has no place for neither Ostheer or OKW, so there's no way this is legit. Th StuG and JagdP4 are hardier versions of the Hetzer, so unless this is some fantasy super tank destroyer lol this isn't going to be the reason why you'd choose this *fake* commander.

In any case, I'd think a true tank hunter doctrine would include the JagdPanther. You might as well get a doctrine called "super tanks" and have their penultimate call-in Panzer 38ts.

Relic said they weren't going to cease support for the existing factions. Just because OKW and USF are out doesn't mean the old factions are going to be completely abandoned.
I have the real feeling that i order to focus more attention on OKW and USF, they'll need to spend less time on the RU and Ostheer. Which leads to abandoning the latter.

This is the company that made a doctrine based around Conscripts with PTRS's. The worst AT weapon in the game on the worst scaling infantry in the game.
And payable DLC, no less. Even the free Defensive Tactics is preferable to this.
6 Oct 2014, 02:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2014, 01:29 AMnee

The Hetzer has no place for neither Ostheer or OKW, so there's no way this is legit. Th StuG and JagdP4 are hardier versions of the Hetzer, so unless this is some fantasy super tank destroyer lol this isn't going to be the reason why you'd choose this *fake* commander.

I hold hope for a hetzer, if USF get a wolverine when they have Jackson, I want hetzer, it would probably be a little better than jagdpanzer iv since it has an mg to semi-deal with infantry.
6 Oct 2014, 03:22 AM

I would like to see a commander for OKW or OST that allows for this to be called in:

Maybe being towed by a Sd.Kfz. 7 would be fucking awesome. Maybe comes with an Engineer group seated in the vehicle for setup. This would make me bussa bussa nut.
6 Oct 2014, 03:35 AM

I would like to see a commander for OKW or OST that allows for this to be called in:

Maybe being towed by a Sd.Kfz. 7 would be fucking awesome. Maybe comes with an Engineer group seated in the vehicle for setup. This would make me bussa bussa nut.

Ive been waiting for this since i bought CoH2. Instead, we have the Pak 43. :/

Id still like to see that implemented, though.
6 Oct 2014, 04:00 AM

I feel ya bro.. I bought this game late.. and I was for sure they would have one of these available.. so disappointed..
nee
6 Oct 2014, 05:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2014, 02:32 AMSeeker

I hold hope for a hetzer, if USF get a wolverine when they have Jackson, I want hetzer, it would probably be a little better than jagdpanzer iv since it has an mg to semi-deal with infantry.
And by logic of realism has much weaker armour except at the front. This makes it as durable as a Jackson but with even less range than the typical tank destroyer unit in this game.

In reality the Hetzer was a light tank destroyer with a highly sloped armour design, this makes it as much a glass cannon unit as the Jackson, but with less range than even the gun of the Jagdpanzer4. Rear and side armour was only enough to stop AP bullets, anything bigger can kill this thing. If one is to seriously consider this as a unit in the game, it must have high resistant to penetration but very low health when hit so that a few successful hits can kill it. Gun range was good but only as much as a StuG, and its size makes it an ideal camouflage ambush vehicle rather than dependent on long range. In this case it doesn't fill a niche besides a fragile version of the StuG, which is debatable even in terms of cost.

All this is irrelevant anyways since the commander is fake and not specific for which Axis faction.
6 Oct 2014, 06:36 AM

The tank is basically already in the game. From what I have read, Hetzer was a nickname given to the Jagdpanzer by the troops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetzer
6 Oct 2014, 14:17 PM

much better front armor stug,tech free that's all I need
6 Oct 2014, 14:28 PM

The tank is basically already in the game. From what I have read, Hetzer was a nickname given to the Jagdpanzer by the troops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetzer

All german tank destroyers were called "jagdpanzers".

This is the one in game

they want the hetzer based on panzer38t chassis in game which would be some kind equivalent to the USF M10 I guess in terms of timing
6 Oct 2014, 21:50 PM

Yeah I looked at that page too. I know they are all called jagdpanzers. What I am saying is they basically already have that tank type represented in the game. The only real difference is the one in the game is based on the Panzer IV and not the Czech chassis. Although the "Hetzer" would have a lower silhouette and from what I have read a longer range 75mm main gun.

I think this would be a good addition: Mareșal tank destroyer

I read it was only used in small quantities though, but when did that matter in this game lol.
19 May 2016, 09:37 AM

Actually Hetzer is a real thing - I've received this bulletin yesterday
19 May 2016, 09:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2016, 09:37 AMGodrick
Actually Hetzer is a real thing - I've received this bulletin yesterday
you realize this thread is 2 years old, right?

And the bulletin is just a bug. It's not the first time a bulletin not meant for release slipped through the cracks. The hetzer was never made a TD because it overlapped with the stug and jagdpanzer to much, so they made it a flame vehicle.
19 May 2016, 11:20 AM

Didn't know that, thanks for info.
19 May 2016, 18:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Minions, servants, soldiers of the cold dark, obey my call and let this thread rest.
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS