Login

russian armor

USF Assault Engineers (A.K.A. GODS)

10 Sep 2014, 14:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 13:53 PMCruzz

I don't think they're an issue as OKW, sturmpios deal with them just fine if the AssEngies have to run up to you and they're not exactly cheap to reinforce. But starting with 3 assengies against ostheer on a map that isn't langres or crossing is stupidly powerful because grens and pios don't do anything to the engies (you need two grens far away from each other to force off one assengie squad) and the only way MG42s will be effective is if you guess exactly where your opponent is going to be for the first few engagements. Map control ends up being even worse than against rifles and then you get the usual lieutenant light vehicle rush to seal the deal.

Hey you are supposed to be allies biased no matter what! My whole world beliefs are falling apart
10 Sep 2014, 15:10 PM

Permanently Banned
There soo good. screw rifles i dont even build them anymore. INSTANT high dps squad at the beggining of every game. IS WHAT USF NEEDED. Just spam. USE SUPREME MICRO and flank. watch the axis units MELT. Sturmpios are not even a problem. just send two engee squads at em. and GG!

THANKS RELIC
10 Sep 2014, 17:09 PM

id agree that a minor nerf for engineers firepower might make sense. but the fact that they beat sturmpios is completely logical, and that shouldnt be changed.

Whats fascinating is when i brought up the incredible firepower of sturmpios pre-patch in another thread all the responses were "nah man theyre totally fine its balanced, you just need to bring bars grenades and shock troopers and you can beat them"

now the assault engineers swapped places with the sturmpios and its an outrage.
10 Sep 2014, 17:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I think the issue is that the Allies had methods to deal with sturmpios- rifles standing still were enough to force sturms away, and units from soviet T1 or T2 both dealt very adequately- maxims, and every unit from T1 actually. Conscripts could oorah away and double-team sturms, but nobody really built conscripts against OKW anyway. Whereas currently assault engineers beat grenadiers (and sturms, and volks) by simply running up and gunning them down, as long as you don't run through neg cover all the way through.
10 Sep 2014, 17:21 PM

The sheer DPS they put out puts them within "Elite Infantry" territory. They do more DPS than Sturmpioneers or Panzergrenadiers, while costing less. The only squad with higher DPS are Shock Troops, and they only have more because they have 6 members instead of 4. Even 5 Shock Troop model have less DPS than 4 Assault Engineers models.

Thompson Paratroopers have the highest DPS in the game unless something changed drastically, which I doubt since Thompsons were also buffed.

Using pre patch numbers here until new DPS numbers are posted:

6x Shocks: 6*11.848=71.088 for 390 manpower
4x Assault Engies: 4*17.193= 68.772 for 280 manpower
6x Paratroopers (4x Thompsons): 4*16.278+2*7.597=80.306 for 380 manpower 90 munitions

Survivability goes Shocks>Paratroopers>Assault Engies

10 Sep 2014, 17:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 13:48 PMKatitof
Low durability, high dps squad.

Axis are tasting their own medicine and do not like it.

Actually these guys have higher DPS at longer range and for cheaper price than Sturmpioneers. They're basically 0CP Shock Troops.

Thompson Paratroopers have the highest DPS in the game unless something changed drastically, which I doubt since Thompsons were also buffed.

Using pre patch numbers here until new DPS numbers are posted:

6x Shocks: 6*11.848=71.088 for 390 manpower
4x Assault Engies: 4*17.193= 68.772 for 280 manpower
6x Paratroopers (4x Thompsons): 4*16.278+2*7.597=80.306 for 380 manpower 90 munitions

Survivability goes Shocks>Paratroopers>Assault Engies

Good catch, I forgot about them because nobody uses Airborne with Thompsons (it's all about the M1919) and I don't play USF much.
10 Sep 2014, 19:33 PM

id agree that a minor nerf for engineers firepower might make sense. but the fact that they beat sturmpios is completely logical, and that shouldnt be changed.

Whats fascinating is when i brought up the incredible firepower of sturmpios pre-patch in another thread all the responses were "nah man theyre totally fine its balanced, you just need to bring bars grenades and shock troopers and you can beat them"

If you'd give Axis infantry the capabilites of Riflmen everything would be fine. A double Kübelwagen seems to do the trick, alas you sacrifice capping power by that.
As an Ostheer player I'd go two MG's and sometime later a sniper.
10 Sep 2014, 19:51 PM

If you'd give Axis infantry the capabilites of Riflmen everything would be fine.

Would it be fine as well if your only opening different then volks/gren spam would be doctrinal?

Also, remember that with Kubel you simply push opponents infantry off the field quickly and are pretty safe until T2, which means you limit his cap capabilities much more then you do yours.
10 Sep 2014, 20:32 PM

I like Assault Engineers just fine pre patch. As long as they preyed on Volks and flanked Grens and stayed away from Sturms they did juuuuust fine.

Unrequired Buff imho.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS