Login

russian armor

Healing priority

7 Sep 2014, 21:56 PM

I can't say for sure if there is a difference between ost and soviet healing priority, but for some reason medics always choose the lowest value target to heal first? You have a sniper and an engineer? Let's heal the engy! Yaaay!

Is there another explanation for this? Does it prioritize targets with shorter healing time or something like that? It's just so annoying that I often can't help myself from trying to run away from the medics in frustration of their lunacy! But yeah, they'll run after you like rabid dogs for like... 20 meters and then give up. The time you would have saved healing the right squad first, is already lost.

So.. Is this a problem or is it just me? ;j

Cheers!
7 Sep 2014, 22:54 PM

I noticed my soviet medics healing US forces next to my base over my own units. Had to leave without any healing :(
7 Sep 2014, 23:00 PM

I hate it when my US medics run with your injured squads to the battlefield. There should be another way to keep this squad in the radius of your base/medtruck.
7 Sep 2014, 23:16 PM

I hate it when my US medics run with your injured squads to the battlefield. There should be another way to keep this squad in the radius of your base/medtruck.

micro?

its no different than telling a unit to repair a vehicle and driving the vehicle away. it will chase after it.
7 Sep 2014, 23:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2014, 23:16 PMwooof

micro?

its no different than telling a unit to repair a vehicle and driving the vehicle away. it will chase after it.

Thats right, u gotta micro them medics. Tell them to heal a different unit.
8 Sep 2014, 02:01 AM
Donator 11

micro?

At least combat engies, pios, and sturmpios can contribute to the fight after they finish their task!

The difference in this case I feel is repairing a vehicle is something you ordered the unit to do while medics begin healing units on their own accord. Which is better than the all too frequent standing in the middle of heavily injured rifles if I'm honest. They're also much easier to kill than other faction equivalents (requiring you to kill a HQ/bunker/building)

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for some way to tether medic squads to a specific area.
8 Sep 2014, 04:23 AM

micro?

Except that you can micro the engineers, wheras you can't micro the medics.
8 Sep 2014, 04:26 AM

Except that you can micro the engineers, wheras you can't micro the medics.

youre thinking of soviets. you can control the US medics
8 Sep 2014, 04:33 AM

Yeah this has always been something that has irritated me, especially how the medics individually heal individual men from random squads. I would prefer if all 3 medics would work together to heal one squad fully and then move onto another squad. It is such a waste of time, waiting for them to heal single man but they go ahead and heal everything else.

Part of the reason why USF have the best medics asides from the aura heal is when they exit from the truck, all 3 medics will target the one squad you want. They do it incredibly fast like that.

I don't even think there is healing priority. Seems random to me.
8 Sep 2014, 05:20 AM

I noticed my soviet medics healing US forces next to my base over my own units. Had to leave without any healing :(

Haven't you heard it?
Soviet medics are only for the really badly wounded.
8 Sep 2014, 05:35 AM

Naw that's just Russian nurses fraternizing with the ever-charming American soldiers ;) After all, the Soviet base tends to be pretty empty nowadays
8 Sep 2014, 06:20 AM

At least combat engies, pios, and sturmpios can contribute to the fight after they finish their task!

Actually USF Medical Team has higher DPS than Soviet Engineers out to 13 meters.
8 Sep 2014, 09:33 AM

I don't even think there is healing priority. Seems random to me.

I'll have double-check it, but I know that the medics change target mid-heal and it seems to always be from high value target to low.
8 Sep 2014, 10:27 AM

Only priority I think I noticed is that the OKW medic trucks seem to favour healing units of the owner of the medic truck over units of the team mates. I sometimes move my soldiers to an allied medic truck to heal them, but when my ally comes back to his base to heal the medics walk over to them even though they didn't finish healing my soldiers.
8 Sep 2014, 11:03 AM

Micro right, thanks for telling me wooof.
That doesn't change anything to the fact that I don't like that.
Other medics are not controllable which I find more convenient.

Also, medics don't belong on the battlefield while engi's can actually do stuff on the battlefield.
8 Sep 2014, 12:18 PM

This was unexpected! I thought a lot of other people were annoyed by this. I guess not!.. Not too much off-topic plox!
9 Sep 2014, 00:28 AM
Donator 11

Actually USF Medical Team has higher DPS than Soviet Engineers out to 13 meters.

I am now incredibly disappointed that medics do not get veterancy.

Not too much off-topic plox!

:oops:

I don't think people pay enough attention to be annoyed by what their medics are actually doing. Which makes sense since you're busy microing, why pay attention to something you can't actually effect? In that context it was kind of inevitable that the topic shifted to US medics.
9 Sep 2014, 01:01 AM

Yeah this has always been something that has irritated me, especially how the medics individually heal individual men from random squads. I would prefer if all 3 medics would work together to heal one squad fully and then move onto another squad. It is such a waste of time, waiting for them to heal single man but they go ahead and heal everything else.

This.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS