Login

russian armor

soviet cheese

PAGES (7)down
13 Aug 2014, 16:37 PM

Well I guess you can stop complaining about Guards + ISU152 then, it's cheese but it's only in 1 commander that has to be bought. See how silly your argument is?

Wehrmacht has cheese too. Playing a legit game against Mech assault doctrine is stacked against you. Playing a legit game (or anything other than sniper spam) against Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine is stacked hugely against you.
13 Aug 2014, 16:43 PM

Well I guess you can stop complaining about Guards + ISU152 then, it's cheese but it's only in 1 commander that has to be bought. See how silly your argument is?

Wehrmacht has cheese too. Playing a legit game against Mech assault doctrine is stacked against you. Playing a legit game (or anything other than sniper spam) against Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine is stacked hugely against you.

Luftwaffe supply is not imbalanced ,its bugged..bug will be fixed soon and i've never used it anyway.

As for mech assault..completely blown out of proportion..there are no odds 'stacked' against u...in 1 vs 1 its a solid threat to americans if ur stug can come early.For soviets there are plenty of excellent counters and it makes little difference.Its nowhere near the cheese that is sniperspam/guards into isu.
13 Aug 2014, 17:24 PM

The only faction I've ever played is the soviets, and I've played quite a bit.

Personally, I have never read any strats, or build order shit. I play it based off of experiences. So, I bought the game originally and played a lot...then took a huge hiatus and only recently got back into the game.

I got stomped by okw, absolutely annihilated. They have a VERY, VERY strong presence vs the soviets early game. At first, I tried MGs to try and suppress them - however they can immediately retreat and attack from another angle. You're constantly reacting rather than acting as the soviets. One dead MG (and the okw can kill a unit VERY fast) and you've pretty much lost. You'll spend the rest of the game playing catch up.

I tried going T1 and getting snipes and penal squads. It is very effective! Generally, you lose a few points VERY early game, because you don't have the presence. I build the sniper FIRST, because he's slower and will get there more or less at the same time as the penal squad who come second.I micro my snipers very well, and never have less than 20 kills. I've had up to 50. The penal colony can destroy...a lot. The satchel charges are orgasmic, and the flame thrower will tear up infantry.

The problem is that you now have to spend your fuel on conscript upgrades to deal with those irritating kampfwagens, or other light vehicles , or a T2 building to get the AT guns. If you get T2 then the paratroopers (german equivalent) can destroy your new stationary targets. If you go t2, then the germans will have vehicles before you. It's just rough.
13 Aug 2014, 17:44 PM

Easiest way to deal with stug E is couple of zis.And its more effective in 1 vs 1 .not team games.And u always have to make sure its covered by pak.And on top its 1 commander..a buy commander at that..wheras both soviet spams-sniper and maxim are doctrinal and available from start.
No comparison really.
As for assgren spam..lol.U might bully some USf noobs 1 vs 1 with it.Once he has 3 rifles..good night charging.Jeep or m3 flamer..goodbye.The stug E is however very good vs usa,i admit..but soviets lol. zis or t-34 flank ..done.

USF do not have any ZiS guns and this is where stug-e is problem.
13 Aug 2014, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 17:44 PMKatitof

Agreed.I have played as USF against stug e and its very annoying.But saying assgrens spam is cheese is L2P problem.
13 Aug 2014, 17:48 PM

why do you hate on the US AT gun so much? i thought we already had this discussion

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 17:44 PMKatitof

at gun and half track switch makes the most sense. no idea why at gun is in t3, just comes out way too late unless you skip to t3, which screws you over because of no fast op ht.
Senior Moderator Badge

So how many Ost games since beta?

You can check his games by checking the SOV/OST tab.

Is there any way we can have your playercard, since i´ve seen you critizing and asking for it ?

Can someone illuminate me by why are some of the strats considered cheese?
Cheese: unconventional strat which is designed to take the opponent by surprise if they are not prepared for it.

I understand that they can be dull (stalling for Tigers, T3485s with MV and ISU) but they are far from being a cheese since they are practically easy to identify.
Hate the game, not the people. When there are just a few viable strats and those are mostly locked on commander selection (at least for vcoh2 factions).

Further explanation: cheese strats can be or not effective/reliable. That´s not the point. If someone spams me Su76 i would consider that a cheese. A REALLY BAD CHEESE.
13 Aug 2014, 17:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 17:48 PMwooof
why do you hate on the US AT gun so much? i thought we already had this discussion

Because

1. It can't penetrate the vet0 stug e reliably without tungstens on, which you won't have running for the first shot usually. Nevermind vet2 stug es that just laugh at the 57mm whenever tungstens aren't on.
2. Half of the maps in 1vs1 do not offer particularly good firing lines for it, which coupled with the bad penetration leads to a lack of damage output.
3. It requires captain or Airborne, both which are suboptimal choices against wehr
4. Stug E clears the atgun in one shot if it hits nice, and it hits nice very often indeed thanks to its hilarious scatter value. Two stug es are pretty much guaranteed to wipe an atgun before it can even get a second shot off on them.
5. Mortars and riflenades also tend to oneshot clear the us atgun crews

Effectively you need two well positioned 57mms just to scare away a single 200MP stug e. With how horrible US manpower management is, that's a completely unrealistic situation, the only realistic "counter" to stug es is to be so far ahead before they come out that you already have shermans or jacksons for them.
13 Aug 2014, 18:03 PM

^the at gun isnt that bad.
1. RNG? i have had the at gun do pretty good against all medium wehr armor
2.cant comment too much on it because i dont play 1v1. but the same issues would effect any of the at guns.
3.agree. i think swapping ht and at gun is the answer.
4.rng again
5.effects all at guns. paks get one shotted by is-2 all the time. zis get one shotted all the time by tiger.
13 Aug 2014, 18:13 PM

^the at gun isnt that bad.
5.effects all at guns. paks get one shotted by is-2 all the time. zis get one shotted all the time by tiger.

No, the USF atgun has the worst of all worlds because it has a 4 man crew on the allied side.

And you can say RNG all you want, basically 9 out of 10 games where you face wehr as USF you see Stug Es, and they are extremely consistent in dealing with zookas and atguns. Sometimes you can lure into an M20 mine, the rest of the time you better have a sherman waiting for them or you're royally fucked because once the downhill starts, it never ends for USF.
13 Aug 2014, 18:16 PM

people complain about Soviet spam such as sniper spam, maxim spam, t34 spam etc, and yet we have a lot of players ( at least from what I have seen) spam LMG grens, OKW blobs, Schreck spam. rifle spam etc. Basically anything Soviet does is considered spam or cheese unless its conscript spam; conscript spam is just weak unless you have great micro and wareness
13 Aug 2014, 22:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 18:16 PMNinjaWJ
people complain about Soviet spam such as sniper spam, maxim spam, t34 spam etc, and yet we have a lot of players ( at least from what I have seen) spam LMG grens, OKW blobs, Schreck spam. rifle spam etc. Basically anything Soviet does is considered spam or cheese unless its conscript spam; conscript spam is just weak unless you have great micro and wareness
LMG spam became a necessity in Elbe day when the HMG42 wasn't working very well and stealing Maxims was the best choice. We German players have learned the high dps is important for victory. I don't want to do it myself but LMG42 upgrade just makes the gren squad powerful at every range while the old LMG42 made the squad better at short-med range only.

Can't say anything about OKW blobs though. I always regarded the 2 new factions as super blobby factions and a lot about spamming whereas the original factions are about using your units to work together: ie combined arms.

Btw, won't swapping AT gun with the AA halftrack make the captain's tier seem super crappy? You have to units that do essentialy the same things. The AA Halftrack and Stuart crews will be fighting among themselves for the spotlight :lol:

I used this conscript spam strat the other day against OKW but forgot to save the replay :(

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=294359369&insideModal=1
14 Aug 2014, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 22:20 PMsteel
LMG spam became a necessity in Elbe day when the HMG42 wasn't working very well and stealing Maxims was the best choice. We German players have learned the high dps is important for victory. I don't want to do it myself but LMG42 upgrade just makes the gren squad powerful at every range while the old LMG42 made the squad better at short-med range only.

Can't say anything about OKW blobs though. I always regarded the 2 new factions as super blobby factions and a lot about spamming whereas the original factions are about using your units to work together: ie combined arms.

Btw, won't swapping AT gun with the AA halftrack make the captain's tier seem super crappy? You have to units that do essentialy the same things. The AA Halftrack and Stuart crews will be fighting among themselves for the spotlight :lol:

I used this conscript spam strat the other day against OKW bug forgot to save the replay :(

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=294359369&insideModal=1

Looks interesting. i will have to try. although my micro skills aren't the best :(
14 Aug 2014, 15:47 PM

Get used to it. Playing legit against OKW is just setting yourself up for a loss in the lategame.

So much this. If you see a Sniper, Penal, or Scout car you know that tactic cheese is a go. Prepare for it and counter.
14 Aug 2014, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 15:47 PMNapalm

So much this. If you see a Sniper, Penal, or Scout car you know that tactic cheese is a go. Prepare for it and counter.

Of course. With what?
14 Aug 2014, 19:33 PM

Is this how soviet cheese looks like?
14 Aug 2014, 19:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 15:47 PMNapalm

Let me laugh first :lol:
Penals...

Ok. Isn´t it better to say that if you see T1 in his base get prepared for POSSIBLE cheese ? I mean it´s not like you can see the shape of the buildings now.
Following this, any unit from T1 is cheese ? Even 1 M3? EVEN PENALS!?!11Eleven.

14 Aug 2014, 20:04 PM

Penals...

Ok. Isn´t it better to say that if you see T1 in his base get prepared for POSSIBLE cheese ? I mean it´s not like you can see the shape of the buildings now.

One M3 is not only cheese but also spam.
14 Aug 2014, 20:15 PM

Penals...

Everything that is not conscript spam is cheese. Unless you spam too many conscripts; then there is only cheese.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 18
unknown 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak